POPpers are back from POP 9/29-10/6 and made GREAT friends!Chat until next trip!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bite my nails ALL THE TIME..and well not my little Princess is starting too :sad1: so i MUST MUST MUST stop and i don't know how!!!

Casey did it when she was little..maybe even younger than Autumn...I used to put socks on her hands when she was just sitting around watching tv or something...we made them into little sock puppets & she'd play....she stopped within a few months...I'm sure others have some better solutions

Casey did it when she was little..maybe even younger than Autumn...I used to put socks on her hands when she was just sitting around watching tv or something...we made them into little sock puppets & she'd play....she stopped within a few months...I'm sure others have some better solutions

aww that's cute! i bet it would work for Autumn :) me...well not so much ;)

Sorry Mich - I'm gonna go to bed too - I'm just plain poopered

Night Timmy

Sweet dreams everyone: :cloud9:

Hey you guys,
Well its 4:30 am nyc time and i just got in from the fire house.Boy am i pooped!! It was busy tonight,but i like it busy! Nothing really major,but a few "good" jobs.Its really cold here in nyc and its only like 28 degrees but since this is the coldest its been here for this season it feels so much colder.Anyway the air condition at the fire house is broke kinda, For some reason it turned on and won't turn off the thermostat must have broke,anyway the air and heat have been going on and off all night like in battle,the ac kicks on and then it gets cold in the fire house and the heat kicks on to try and warm up the fire house,this went on over and over and over,well you get it.I got some news today that made me really mad! Seems one of my guys from the fire house was sent to georgia after inlisting in the military. Well he called the fire house today begging for us to send him deodorant and tooth paste and foods that won't spoil,toilet paper and a whole bunch of other things.

He says and i quote, btw this is a family guy with wife and children, that since inlisting in nov 2006 he has yet to recieve a pay check from our gov't and that his wife says all thier savings ran out and they might lose the house. He told us that the gov't told him he get all of his money by june 2007.In the mean time hes broke and cannot make it at all, he tried to take a FDNY Pension on loan,but was told he had to go the headquaters in person to apply,no exceptions.I mean what i joke,i really feel bad for him,this guy is gonna end up going to iraq and he has to go there knowing that his family might go homeless while he's there,as if he did not have a million other things to worry about in iraq. Well we called all of the news agencys and local newspaper and congressman and senator.Anyway we are gonna send him some stuff and allready we had like 4 big boxes filled with things for him.Still some part of me could not really it,but i know this guy and he would not lie.Very sad!! Well thats about it,that was on my mind so i figure i tell you all,not to worry this guy is gonna get like dozens of boxes in under 8 hrs we filled up 4 and there are other crews that are not in yet,so we should be able to really send him alot of stuff.

Hey you guys,
Well its 4:30 am nyc time and i just got in from the fire house.Boy am i pooped!! It was busy tonight,but i like it busy! Nothing really major,but a few "good" jobs.Its really cold here in nyc and its only like 28 degrees but since this is the coldest its been here for this season it feels so much colder.Anyway the air condition at the fire house is broke kinda, For some reason it turned on and won't turn off the thermostat must have broke,anyway the air and heat have been going on and off all night like in battle,the ac kicks on and then it gets cold in the fire house and the heat kicks on to try and warm up the fire house,this went on over and over and over,well you get it.I got some news today that made me really mad! Seems one of my guys from the fire house was sent to georgia after inlisting in the military. Well he called the fire house today begging for us to send him deodorant and tooth paste and foods that won't spoil,toilet paper and a whole bunch of other things.

He says and i quote, btw this is a family guy with wife and children, that since inlisting in nov 2006 he has yet to recieve a pay check from our gov't and that his wife says all thier savings ran out and they might lose the house. He told us that the gov't told him he get all of his money by june 2007.In the mean time hes broke and cannot make it at all, he tried to take a FDNY Pension on loan,but was told he had to go the headquaters in person to apply,no exceptions.I mean what i joke,i really feel bad for him,this guy is gonna end up going to iraq and he has to go there knowing that his family might go homeless while he's there,as if he did not have a million other things to worry about in iraq. Well we called all of the news agencys and local newspaper and congressman and senator.Anyway we are gonna send him some stuff and allready we had like 4 big boxes filled with things for him.Still some part of me could not really it,but i know this guy and he would not lie.Very sad!! Well thats about it,that was on my mind so i figure i tell you all,not to worry this guy is gonna get like dozens of boxes in under 8 hrs we filled up 4 and there are other crews that are not in yet,so we should be able to really send him alot of stuff.

hmmmm I always think that fire houses are always hot:lmao: and no am not being a smart @ss :dance3: but when I pass by one it seems like everybody are sweaty looking even prior to their run :confused3

me my niece had done this before we made care packages for troops with cards made by kids how much they thank them along side with toiletries .... if you need some care package made am IN:grouphug:

and it is now 42 degrees here... up again.. cant sleep anymore .. well I was only asleep for 3 hours...:sick:

hmmmm I always think that fire houses are always hot:lmao: and no am not being a smart @ss :dance3: but when I pass by one it seems like everybody are sweaty looking even prior to their run :confused3

OMG! CAT! I found a place to use : :tongue: !!!
Just kidding...well, a little...;)

Morning everyone!! It is icky raining here. It makes it look like it is still dark. I am glad I am inside.

Chris, we have missed you!! Get done with that auction already! :)

Antss, hang in there. You will get through it. We are all here to watch over you. :grouphug:

Cat, hola! Less than 2 weeks! You will be lucky if you do not get me as a stowaway! :rotfl2:

DMM, your business sound like it is booming!:thumbsup2

Hi Tink & MRFDNY!! :wave2:

IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP....

any of you guys have a nail biter in the family?? and were you ever able to get rid of it??

I bite my nails ALL THE TIME..and well not my little Princess is starting too :sad1: so i MUST MUST MUST stop and i don't know how!!!

Yes! I am not a nail biter, but I am a fidgeter. I am always messing with my hands. My advice: Go get your nails done. You could just get a regular manicure, but it would be even better if you get acrylics put on. Trust me. You will not touch them. And I believe you probably can still do your charms with them on. If you have never had them though, they may take a little getting used to. But it will probably work.

For Autumn, just paint hers really pretty. Make a big deal out of it. A little mani at home. Hopefully she will get it that if she doesn't bite them, then they will stay nice. You could reward her with a different color after so many days or so. I know she is little, but the polish won't hurt her at all. You might just want to stay away from fire-engine red. ;)

Good luck! :wizard:

IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP....

any of you guys have a nail biter in the family?? and were you ever able to get rid of it??

I used to. I didn't really bite them, I would just pick at them. They looked terrible. Then all of a sudden a few years ago, I just stopped. Now the only nails that I still mess with are my thumb nails. I know that they make bitter nail polish. Maybe you could try that.

Yes! I am not a nail biter, but I am a fidgeter. I am always messing with my hands. My advice: Go get your nails done. You could just get a regular manicure, but it would be even better if you get acrylics put on. Trust me. You will not touch them. And I believe you probably can still do your charms with them on. If you have never had them though, they may take a little getting used to. But it will probably work.

For Autumn, just paint hers really pretty. Make a big deal out of it. A little mani at home. Hopefully she will get it that if she doesn't bite them, then they will stay nice. You could reward her with a different color after so many days or so. I know she is little, but the polish won't hurt her at all. You might just want to stay away from fire-engine red.

Good luck!

:woohoo: Thanks for the info! ihave done acrylics! i was the gal that never went past 2 weeks without getting them filled :) Looks like i will have to get back in the habit, b/c it did seem to work and I want to stop Autumn before she really gets started!!

I already paint Autumns nails, but i like the idea of doing it every couple of weeks, it seems she starts to bite, when the polish begins to fade!!

:wave2: Good morning everyone! woke up to a clean home today :faint: :faint: DH must have tidied up before he left for work :wizard: :hug: Autumn and Gabriel are watching Doras World Adventure, and that should last for a tleast an hour before it gets old! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter