Port arrival time was changed? Mystery solved!

maryr1oz

Down Under Disney Lover x
Hi there,

We are newbie cruisers, due to sail out of Miami on the Magic in a couple of weeks. Over the weekend was our cruise check in, and during this I was able to choose port arrival time of 12.15-12.30 (boarding group 13). I printed our arrival form and was happy with that time.

Today I thought i'd check and just see if there was anything earlier, and low and behold it is now saying our PAT is 12.45 - 1.00. I clicked on the form to double check, and it's showing as 12.45-1.00 now.

Is this common to have the PAT changed? I'm a bit sad we seem to have lost 30 mins - if I hadn't gone back in to check I would not have known it had changed?

Hi there,

We are newbie cruisers, due to sail out of Miami on the Magic in a couple of weeks. Over the weekend was our cruise check in, and during this I was able to choose port arrival time of 12.15-12.30 (boarding group 13). I printed our arrival form and was happy with that time.

Today I thought i'd check and just see if there was anything earlier, and low and behold it is now saying our PAT is 12.45 - 1.00. I clicked on the form to double check, and it's showing as 12.45-1.00 now.

Is this common to have the PAT changed? I'm a bit sad we seem to have lost 30 mins - if I hadn't gone back in to check I would not have known it had changed?
Was your boarding group number the same, 13?

Since the boarding group remained the same, you won’t lose any time onboard, just time sitting in the terminal waiting to board.

I have not heard of arrival times being moved later, but it is possible that for some reason the port will be opening for new guests later than usual or later than originally planned.

It is also possible that there is a large number of Pearl Castaway Club members on this cruise and DCL expects them to want to board early, so they delayed arrivals for other guests with later boarding times to space out crowds in the terminal.

we're on the 9/11 Magic sailing out of Miami and it seems that PAT times were pushed forward 30minutes for everyone including Concierge. Everyone is speculating the reason to be because it's the 1st HOTHS sailing

Yeah, if your boarding group changed then you actually won't miss anything on the ship. It sounds like they are trying to do crowd control and/or know they are going to board a little later than normal (or, something is going on at port). I wouldn't be too bummed about it since it sounds like it happened across the board (and your boarding group didn't change).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter