Port Canaveral Highlights

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
It’s an excursion on the Oasis. Learning about the area. Has anyone done it. Is the transport a bus? I am not sure, and it doesn’t say. I hope it’s not a walking tour. Activity level is mild.

Thanks.

It’s an excursion on the Oasis. Learning about the area. Has anyone done it. Is the transport a bus? I am not sure, and it doesn’t say. I hope it’s not a walking tour. Activity level is mild.

Thanks.
We called, it’s a shuttle.

I am puzzled at what they think the highlights of Port Canaveral would be . . .

I could understand an excursion to the nearby beaches or to KSC, but the port itself is fairly industrial in appearance, with terminals, docks, and a couple of restaurants. I hope it’s not an expensive excursion. . .

Learn the history of Port Canaveral. From the pier head over to the Air Force Space and Missile History Center to learn where the spirit of space exploration began. The history center features exhibits highlighting every launch complex at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Next top you will visit a fish house and working dock, where thousands of pounds of seafood are caught each year. Here is where one of Florida’s most known species got its start: the Rock Shrimp. Don’t leave without getting your sample of fresh Canaveral Shrimp. You will end your tour at Jetty Park. Jetty Park is its own secluded, tropical paradise that the locals love.

It‘s not very much money, and I am interested in the things they mention. We always see the folks in Jetty Park waving, and it’s not something I remember to go to before heading to the terminal.

Last edited:

Learn the history of Port Canaveral. From the pier head over to the Air Force Space and Missile History Center to learn where the spirit of space exploration began. The history center features exhibits highlighting every launch complex at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Next top you will visit a fish house and working dock, where thousands of pounds of seafood are caught each year. Here is where one of Florida’s most known species got its start: the Rock Shrimp. Don’t leave without getting your sample of fresh Canaveral Shrimp. You will end your tour at Jetty Park. Jetty Park is its own secluded, tropical paradise that the locals love.

It‘s not very much money, and I am interested in the things they mention. We always see the folks in Jetty Park waving, and it’s not something I remember to go to before heading to the terminal.
Thanks for the explanation. Jetty Park is nice. We have watched the ships going out from there several times. The history center also sounds interesting (we haven’t been yet, as you can only access it on scheduled tours). Not being a seafood fan, I would probably skip that portion, but overall it sounds like a decent tour.

I have family that lives in Cape Canaveral, and we have visited the port many times. I just couldn’t imagine what they were going to show you. Adding in the space history center is a nice touch.

IMG_2698.jpeg
The black tower to the right is a Space X rocket that had been launched earlier that week. To the left is the barge it comes down to.

At the commercial fishing dock, we learned a lot about the difficulties commercial fishing has. Sport fishing has thrived in the area, and once there were 10 working docks at the port, now there are 2. Rock shrimp are very tasty! We will definitely stop at the port for lunch sometime where we know we will be enjoying locally sourced fish.

IMG_2703.jpeg
This is the Space X ship that takes astronauts out of the water. There are medical facilities on board to give them the OK to come back to civilization!

IMG_2709.jpeg

Definitely a place to visit if you are interested in the early space exploration!

When we lived in the Orlando area (20 years ago) we would drive to Titusville and eat at Dixie Crossroads, just to eat some Rock Shrimp. It is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter