• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans or Pop Century??

Yea!! You will not regret it, FQ is awesome! We are taking our 8 year old son there for the first time in May after taking him to POP in 2018 and DL in 2019. My husband and I honeymooned at FQ. At POP my husband put it best, it felt like we were staying at Walmart Disney. At FQ you feel welcomed home after a long day in the parks.
Walmart Disney is REALLY funny. So true!

We were also at Pop in 2018 (so pre-Skyliner), and I thought it looked like a prison.

Thank y’all so much for your thoughts!! We booked our trip Saturday and went with Port Orleans French Quarter! We are so excited!
I did a quick solo trip with little kiddos to POFQ. It was such a lovely and doable resort to do on my own (without DH) that I booked another quick trip for in a few months! Like others have mentioned, it's not a massive resort so it's reasy to pop over to the pool, back to the room, to the food halls, to the busses and boats, etc. The easy access to Disney Springs was a nice plus, as well as access to the pools at POR (I actually liked their kiddie pool better BUT POFQ has elevators - a must for me going solo with a stroller). I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did!

I was so glad to read the responses. We just switched our reservation from Pop to POR. This is our 2nd visit and we stayed pop first time. Staying in a 5th sleeper at POR. Cannot wait.

I'm in this debate right now myself. I'm going at the end of August (solo adult) and am currently booked in POFQ (not really my first choice as I don't like New Orleans and did not have a great experience there last time) - it's just the best option at the moment (I don't mind the size of CSR, BUT it's the most expensive of the mod options).

I'm pondering Pop to save money but I'm not sure what the tour group activity is like at the end of August (BTDT at resorts with them and it's no fun) and I know Values are where most of them stay. I'm also iffy about the Skyliner during August as it's one of the rainier months and with the heat it's more likely to be thunderstorms. (The Skyliner question is also the problem with CBR - which is normally my preferred Moderate.)

I keep debating just changing to AKL Standard View - but that bumps the price up $742 (so over $100/night).

UGH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter