Porter to start flights to Orlando

I just checked prices for my dates in April and they are price competitive with a good sale on WestJet and less expensive than Air Canada. They seem to be flying every day in April. I'll watch for a bit and see if that changes.

Exciting news!

I just checked prices for my dates in April and they are price competitive with a good sale on WestJet and less expensive than Air Canada. They seem to be flying every day in April. I'll watch for a bit and see if that changes.

Exciting news!
I checked March break to MCO and FLL and they are great prices for that time of year. But I suspect that may change soon. Good timing for a cruise since the flight home is in the afternoon, around 4pm, so lots of time to get to the airport. Not that I need to book another cruise.

I've done the dash 8s to Midway and Montreal. Amount of vibration is acceptable to me and you can't beat flying out of Billy Bishop.

4pm is a long time if it's FLL. You can make an 11am flight easy from Port Everglades.

There's currently a 20% code available, I just checked for our flight in November and 2 RT from Pearson to Orlando, at the 2nd level of "Classic fare" (includes carry-on and personal item) comes in at just under $600. I'm very happy with that!
Code is valid until midnight on the 27th good for travel until December 15th
4Q1WUS

There's currently a 20% code available, I just checked for our flight in November and 2 RT from Pearson to Orlando, at the 2nd level of "Classic fare" (includes carry-on and personal item) comes in at just under $600. I'm very happy with that!
Code is valid until midnight on the 27th good for travel until December 15th
4Q1WUS
I was simply too tired to actually book it last night when i stumbled across that code last night and now that fare is SOLD OUT 😭

I should have booked March break as they have all gone up, guess news got out :)
Don't give up! I tried again about 3 hours later and while the fares aren't a low as they were last night at least the discount worked and we're now paying just over $400 for the way down and I'm happy with that. The times for coming home don't work for us so we're taking WJ home. This spontaneous trip is coming together nicely :D

I am so excited about this!! We are Air Canada travellers, which means when we travel to Florida, we are often on Rouge, which is garbage. I'm happy that there will be more options. Porter is a fun and fresh airline, I think they will do well with this new Florida service.

I'm hoping there will be positive reviews here on these boards about Porter and flights to Florida in the coming months. Our trip isn't until April so I have a while to wait and watch before booking.

If anyone is waiting for the promised sale Porter's having on Tuesday, you need to sign up for their emails. Apparently you'll get a randomly generated discount of between 35 - 50% off while the general public one will probably be the 20% they've offered recently.

Gee, I toyed with not sharing that info in case they are only giving out a few of the 50% codes but my inner voice wouldn't shut up! Sign up for an account and let's share what we get on Tuesday!

hubby and I priced out for our Feb trip and decided that even if we only get the 35% on both account numbers that we're booking the darned thing! Really going to walk on the wild side and do the connection thru Ottawa so we don't need to leave Orlando until 4. We figure it can't possibly be any worse than the seats on either WestJet cattle car seats or air canada rogue and Porter's service has always been top- notch. Add in the fact that they're using the new terminal at MCO and I'm stoked to use them. First flight for us will be Nov 23rd, the 3rd day of service to Florida for them

We've thought some more and discussed the point that @Lesverts made below and reconsidered Porter for our big trip. We can't count on a single flight per day not getting cancelled or moved, or the plane having problems or or or or fill-in-the-blank. We're excited to take them in November but I don't think I want to risk our big trip getting messed up, we're going to white-knuckle it out and wait for Black Friday discounts on WestJet

Last edited:
Porter Reserve is so much cheaper compared to AC (AC flight is mainline going, Rogue coming home) but with only 1 direct flight a day and it is midday to Fort Lauderdale. I worry about them being able to accommodate if something goes wrong. I know they partner with Jetblue, but I still worry about their schedule strength when timing is important. We booked Air Transat first last year and they drastically changed their schedule and we had to go through so many hoops and ended up having to pay nearly double the original price to fly Air Canada going for a decent flight time.

We just flew Porter from Toronto to Calgary at the beginning of august and loved it. For those who are on the plus size, their seatbelts are longer! Very nice to have just one person beside you too, not squishy. It also meant carry on space was plentiful, having just 2 people in a row using the overhead. But even then not everyone would have paid to have a carry on, so more space that way too. I can’t wait to use them to fly to Florida!

no email yet but the public discount is up to 25% off - bunch of terms and conditions that are complicated regarding days of the week and specific dates. Ultimately we've decided to white knuckle it out until WestJet releases their black Friday sales (adding in the extra level of stress that we'll be in Disney that day!)

Amounts and dates from T&C:
New bookings only. Book by 11:59 pm Eastern Time September 10, 2023. Travel by March 27, 2024. 7-day advance purchase required. Select destinations may be excluded from the advertised discount. Cannot be combined with other offers. Up to 25% off with promotional code V663C6. For flights to and from Florida from September 12 to December 15, 2023: 25% discount is applicable on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday flights. 20% discount is applicable on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday flights. For flights to and from Florida from January 8 to March 27, 2024: 15% discount is applicable on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday flights. 10% discount is applicable on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday flights. Discount is not applicable on October 5, 6, 9, and 10, 2023, from December 16, 2023 to January 7, 2024, on February 16 and 19, from March 8-10 and from March 15-17, 2024. For all other flights from September 12 to December 15, 2023 and from January 8 to March 27, 2024: 25% discount is applicable on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday flights. 20% discount is applicable on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flights. Discount is not applicable on October 5, 6, 9, and 10, 2023, from December 16, 2023 to January 7, 2024, on February 16 and 19, from March 8-10 and from March 15-17, 2024.

I'm not sure if that is specific it Ottawa or Ontario. But it's obviously around march break that there is no discount. Debating going Thursday to Thursday to take advantage of the rates. Or waiting for summer. March break hotels are pricey too after all.

My planned trip is outside that window but good to see the TC. I will need to make sure I carefully read those when they do open up my window with an offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter