Portofino at Christmas

ShawnW

Earning My Ears
I will be staying at the Portofino from December 4-7. Can anyone answer the following questions for me.

1) Is the hotel decorated for Christmas and does it have any Christmas activities? When do they start?

2) What does Universal Studios do for Christmas besides the Macy's Parade? When does this start?

3) Are there carriage rides at City Walk in the evening in December?

4) What does IOA do for Christmas in addition to Grinchmas?

5) How late is the pool open in December?

6) How early does the coffee shop open?

Shawn

I'm not sure of the dates when all this stuff starts but I think it's around Thanksgiving weekend.
Yes. PBH is decorated beautifully for Chistmas!!!!!!!!!!!!
they do have some actvities at the resort. The grinch reads books and there were a few more activities I can't remember.
I don't remember the parks do anything else besides Grinchmas and The Macy's day parade.
Yes, Citywalk has had carriage rides in the evening during Christmas and has an ice skating rink.
The Villa pool closed at 10:00 PM and the beach pool close at 8:00PM while I was there in Dec. and it was very cold outside!! LOL
I have an old schedule here that says the coffee shop opened at 6AM, I'm sure it changes all the time.

Thanks Cheryl. It gives me something to look forward to. Now when you say it was very cold, how cold was it? I may have a different idea of cold than you since I'm in Philadelphia (Pennsylvania not Mississippi). I'm looking forward to sitting on the piazza in 50 degree weather.

Shawn

LOL, I know my blood has thinned.
You should have 60-70's during the day and 50-60's at night. It may even be warmer, you just never know in Dec.

That sounds downright balmy. I'm figuring if I take a sweater and sweatshirt I'll be fine.

Shawn

macy's parade...starting around Dec. 12 this year....Grinchmas should be the whole month of December or close to it.

If the coffee shop doesn't open early enough for you...there is coffee pot in the room, you can brew a pot anytime you want...or get room service to bring you some up. Room service is 24 hours.

When we were there last December, they were still doing the dive in movies...it was very chilly, but, people were still in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter