Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Just cancel the flights online (not change), and then rebook your new flights. If you have not yet done so, check out availability for 2 seats for your new itinerary, before cancelling the original.
Thanks. Will the cancelation automatically cancel the CP ressie too, or is that a seperate step? I've many times made changes to SW flights, just never ones that had a CP attached.

Thanks. Will the cancelation automatically cancel the CP ressie too, or is that a seperate step? I've many times made changes to SW flights, just never ones that had a CP attached.
Cancel the CP booking first, and then wait about 10 minutes. You can then cancel your reservation. Sign into your RR account to cancel both.

Cancel the CP booking first, and then wait about 10 minutes. You can then cancel your reservation. Sign into your RR account to cancel both.
Thanks. Good tip! I've been busy with yardwork today so haven't done it yet. Glad I read this before I tried!

DD had to cancel her flight. SW told her she had to rebook a new flight no later than 1-29-2019.
Q: can she travel any time with in the 2019 year?
TIA

DD had to cancel her flight. SW told her she had to rebook a new flight no later than 1-29-2019.
Q: can she travel any time with in the 2019 year?
TIA

If the original flight was non-refundable, when your DD cancelled travel funds for the price of the trip were put on the confirmation number given when she booked the trip. Make sure she holds onto this confirmation number since it will have to be used to book the new flight, and almost impossible to find if she loses it.

The travel funds will expire one year from the day she booked the original flight, and travel has to be completed by that date (not booked). You can call guest relations to request a one time extension after the funds expire. SWA will deduct $100 processing fee and the LUV voucher will be good for 6 months from the date the voucher is processed (again travel completed by that date).

I decided to wait. Flights are not sold out even if they say so. SW does this all the time. I think SW may set price high on initial offering. At least I have a price point. I'll check everyday, it's what I do.

Me too. I have never ever paid more than $250 RT to MCO (from the DC area) including spring break and the week before Christmas. I don’t plan to start now with Jersey Week of all times! The legacy airline prices are crazy right now too - just going to wait it out. Still hoping for SW because we have the CP through 12/31/18.

Me too. I have never ever paid more than $250 RT to MCO (from the DC area) including spring break and the week before Christmas. I don’t plan to start now with Jersey Week of all times! The legacy airline prices are crazy right now too - just going to wait it out. Still hoping for SW because we have the CP through 12/31/18.
I really worry that those days are gone. Last year we paid just over $400 for the week of Christmas (Milwaukee to MCO). Same for this year. I almost expect it for Christmas, but I'm pretty sure we paid well into the 300's for our flight the last week of February this year. I going to keep watching as I'd love to get a credit for the Christmas flight.

Checked my flight today since people say Tuesday is cheaper and it went up $145 since I booked last week. So glad I booked last week.

I just can't believe how many Wanna Get Away flights are sold out for 12/30. Flying from MCO to MKE. We paid what we paid, but I'd sure like a different time to open back up. Checking at least twice a day every day...it's crazy!

Just saved $148.00 round trip on 2 tickets. Didn't actually cancel, used the change option. WGA fares went from $116 to $79.00! Whoo Hoo!

Last edited:
I checked my flights and they didn't budge at all. :(
If I had paid using money, they'd be $300 r/t, but luckily I had enough points for the flights. I spent over 19000 points for each of us, but still a little bummed they didn't go down.

My baby is due in 2 weeks. He hasn't been named yet, and obviously we don't yet know his birth date.

I booked a seat for him (so he could ride in his car seat) for a flight in December. I made up a birthday and named him "Baby LastName."

I intended to call Southwest after the birth to update the name and the birthdate, but the rep I just spoke to advised me that this is not allowed. She said that I cannot book a seat for him until he is actually born. Does anyone have any additional information or advice? Thank you.

My baby is due in 2 weeks. He hasn't been named yet, and obviously we don't yet know his birth date.

I booked a seat for him (so he could ride in his car seat) for a flight in December. I made up a birthday and named him "Baby LastName."

I intended to call Southwest after the birth to update the name and the birthdate, but the rep I just spoke to advised me that this is not allowed. She said that I cannot book a seat for him until he is actually born. Does anyone have any additional information or advice? Thank you.
First, congratulations!! Exciting days for you as you await the birth of your son!

It sounds like you will need to wait and book his seat as soon as he is born so that you have actual date of birth and name to attach to the ticket. I would guess you should be able to keep the rest of your current reservation but just cancel his ticket and then rebook once your sweet baby boy has arrived!

Congrats in advance...

I think you'll need to call Southwest again and see if they'll make an exception and cancel that baby ticket for you and then you can rebook it after the birth. The problem with what @scrappinginontario suggested is that when you cancel a ticket, you get a credit, but that credit is not name transferable -- in your case from "Baby LastName". I think what you're trying to do is not standard policy, but I would hope they'd give you a refund since "Baby LastName" does not and will not exist.

Congrats in advance...

I think you'll need to call Southwest again and see if they'll make an exception and cancel that baby ticket for you and then you can rebook it after the birth. The problem with what @scrappinginontario suggested is that when you cancel a ticket, you get a credit, but that credit is not name transferable -- in your case from "Baby LastName". I think what you're trying to do is not standard policy, but I would hope they'd give you a refund since "Baby LastName" does not and will not exist.
Good point! I hadn't thought of the 'non transferrable' portion. Thanks for catching that.

This link for Southwest has info for flying with infants and children. Some of this info may be helpful.
https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/family/children-pol.html
Congrats on your new addition!

So, I booked our flights for December last week, at $112 per person each way, and paid for ebci. Now they’re down to $99. How can I change to the cheaper price and keep my ebci? Do I just click on the “change” flight button and rechoose the same flights to get the new price but keep my ebci? I’ve never had prices go down before so I’m clueless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter