Post something about yourself which you have been judged for?

Having never been to nor invited to a wedding.

May not actually be judged for this but felt that way many time, here on the Dis at least.

I suppose that not drinking is the most common one. Also I have been accused of "hating change" which is not really true and a gross oversimplification of my actualy feelings.

Not smiling. I just don't have a natural smile so it always looks forced. I have constant RBF, but people automatically assume I'm angry. I often tell people if they see me smiling they actually should be worried because it usually means I'm up to some mischief.

My weight. When I was at my heaviest I was overlooked for work related opportunities because I didn’t ‘fit’ their vision. Of course I was too self conscious to speak up or advocate for myself.

Being from the South.

That one dates back to the first time I traveled north in 1992. Was very surprised.

Edited to be a little more vague.

Last edited:

Growing up as a Mennonite, leaving the Mennonites, and using the laughing emoji pretty freely.
Isn't that crazy... talk about snowflakes!

Judged by my weight. Even after losing 110 pounds, I still see the "eye roll" sometimes. Oh well, their loss!

Going to Disney too much. It’s to the point that I won’t mention it anymore for fear of being judged.

Questioning things. Kind of an occupational hazard, but situations as recently as yesterday show, I have stopped questioning things that I should have.

Two of the three that came to mind immediately have already been mentioned…liking wrestling and not drinking. The third is gambling (primarily blackjack).

Being from the South.

That one dates back to the first time I traveled north in 1992. Was very surprised.
When we moved from the PNW to the South we received judgement. During a parent teacher conference my husband was told "you 'Northerners' lack manners..." amongst other things because my oldest didn't say Yes ma'am, no ma'am. :rolleyes2

Sorry, but those of us from the west coast don't typically see ourselves as northerners. But geez. She was rude.

When we moved from the PNW to the South we received judgement. During a parent teacher conference my husband was told "you 'Northerners' lack manners..." amongst other things because my oldest didn't say Yes ma'am, no ma'am. :rolleyes2

Sorry, but those of us from the west coast don't typically see ourselves as northerners. But geez. She was rude.

Yeah, you're not "Northerners," ha ha! While the South is big on "Yes, Ma'am" and all, I personally think it's more in the attitude than the verbiage. I will say that the Northeast has a reputation for being less polite and also more formal, which comes off as brusque to a lot of southerners. West coasters and PNY folks have a way more laid-back attitude in general, so even if they don't use the properly polite terms, they come across as more genuine and respectful. Also, as I'm sure you know by now, Southerners may use very polite words, but mean the exact opposite! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter