POST YOUR DISNEY DREAM TIPS/MUST do'S!

250 watts? :scared1: I would be in there blow drying my hair foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yup...standing under a light bulb would have worked just as well....an Easy Bake Oven for hair :lmao::lmao:

Did you feel the larger crowds?
While I have nothing to compare it to, I thought the crowds were very managable
How were the crowds at breakfast and lunch, espcially on Cabanas?
Never did breakfast, and ate lunch at unconventional hours
Would you eat in the restaurant below decks or Cabanas for your first boarding lunch?
I ate at Cabanas
Were there plenty of seats ourside at Cabanas?
I always found seating available

Do you like the open deck between the family & Mickey pools?
Is there enough seating there?
Any reviews of the Quiet Cove? I've heard a few poor reviews.
1) Do you like the new pool configuration?
2) Is there enough sun with the new set up?
3)Any problem getting chairs?
I didn't use the pool at all. I did sun myself topside though

4)Is it quiet enough for adults?
I never had a problem with kids. In fact (we were adults only this trip), except for the theater and dinner I hardly ever ran into children.

5) Are there too many kids plowing through?
What is your favorite feature of Dreams?
I utilized the Spa and while it was expensive for what it was, I felt so pampered doing it.

What is your least favorite feature?
I didn't like that Animator's Palette was so far forward. I definitely felt the motion of the ship there. Not pleasant while eating.

Ditto on the hair dryers.

Get used to walking up and down stairs. The elevators are usually jammed before/after shows. Or, ignore the direction the elevator is going and just get on whichever has room and go for a bit of a ride--don't wait for one that is going your direction.

Do the mystery thing--pretty neat.

There's also a picture with a ship's helm in front of it. It's not a decoration, but a mini video game of sorts. Port side deck 4 maybe?

Cabanas can get really crowded for breakfast. It was tough to find a table a couple times. Also, there's no need to wait in one big line to get food. They're set up as multiple small lines despite what other passengers think. So, feel free to skip around the buffet. The CM's will tell you to do that.

Ride the Aqua Duck at night. Shorter lines, water feels warmer and you can see the lights on the tube.

Love the hand washers in the Oceaneer's Lab and Club.

Does anyone have a navigator they can post??? I'd like to see the times of certain things.

Thanks!!!!:hippie:

With all the colors on the Navigator time schedule now...what highlighter colors work best? :lmao:

Don't let the size of the ship overwhelm you - once you figure out your routine and the places you visit most frequently, it's not bad at all!

Bring your own hairdryer - otherwise, quite honestly, you can stand out on deck when the ship's underway and dry your hair faster than the provided hairdryer! :lmao:

Remember you can enter both theaters on 2 different decks - it could save you time when looking for seats!

If you're an early riser and like your coffee, visit Cove Cafe for a latte (or whatever) and a tiny pastry, then hit Cabanas when the buffet opens for 'second breakfast'! :thumbsup2

So. True worst hairdryer I have ever used LOL...

What if you have a late "check-in time"? Will they still let you board early? It's our first cruise so I'm afraid when we are able to do online check in at 75 days we will get a late check in time.

If you have a later check in time, DON'T show up early!!!

I was told by a CM that your check in time decides your boarding number. So you may very well have a long wait.

Also keep a eye out for changing of show times. Instead of 9pm shows they changed it to 8:30pm. We made Polo 7pm based on the 9pm show and ending up missing it.

You were able to go to ANY show time you wanted, but for us with 6pm dinner it was impossible to go early.

love this thread so far. Been on 2 cruises on Wonder in past and having info ahead of time really helped. going on first cruise on dream later this month.

Love the information. keep it coming!!

I leave today for FL and board the Dream tomorrow!!! :goodvibes. This is the last thread I'll read before walking out the door, and it's getting me so excited!!! I can contribute to it when I return. :thumbsup2

Some more observations:

Cabanas does a great job at managing crowd control! Loved it there.
Echo the plug for Cove Cafe for morning coffee. Worth the money.
The spa is absolutely beautiful. Pricey but great.
Check in was insane. We showed up at 10:45, stood on line for passport control for awhile, then had a pretty short line through security and check in but had boarding number 15. Not sure it was worth it. Going really early or really late may be better.
We had the 7 pm show time. All the shows were really crowded, and they checked our cards to confirm our showtime slot.
Big crowd control issue between 7 pm show and late seating. Everyone hangs out in the atrium because there's only about 25 minutes between when the show gets out and dinner starts, and there is music and photo taking. Then big lines to get into the restaurants for dinner. Very different feel from Magic and Wonder.
Loved Animators Palate. Technology was incredible and food great.
Walk/tram to far end of family beach on Castaway Cay. Great water activities there, it's a little quieter than the heart of the family beach, there is nice shopping and an excellent bar with terrific views.

Some more observations:

Cabanas does a great job at managing crowd control! Loved it there.
Echo the plug for Cove Cafe for morning coffee. Worth the money.
The spa is absolutely beautiful. Pricey but great.
Check in was insane. We showed up at 10:45, stood on line for passport control for awhile, then had a pretty short line through security and check in but had boarding number 15. Not sure it was worth it. Going really early or really late may be better.
We had the 7 pm show time. All the shows were really crowded, and they checked our cards to confirm our showtime slot.
Big crowd control issue between 7 pm show and late seating. Everyone hangs out in the atrium because there's only about 25 minutes between when the show gets out and dinner starts, and there is music and photo taking. Then big lines to get into the restaurants for dinner. Very different feel from Magic and Wonder.
Loved Animators Palate. Technology was incredible and food great.
Walk/tram to far end of family beach on Castaway Cay. Great water activities there, it's a little quieter than the heart of the family beach, there is nice shopping and an excellent bar with terrific views.

What kind of shopping in CC??? I never thought of shopping there.... Tell me more!!!

There is a cluster of shops at the far end of the family beach selling typical tropical style beachware and accessories, including some Castaway Cay only clothing and pins. You can use your KTTW card, and they will even bring your bags back to the ship for you so you don't have to carry them all over the place while you're on the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvnmom
What if you have a late "check-in time"? Will they still let you board early? It's our first cruise so I'm afraid when we are able to do online check in at 75 days we will get a late check in time.

If you have a later check in time, DON'T show up early!!!

I was told by a CM that your check in time decides your boarding number. So you may very well have a long wait.

Show up any time you want. I say why should someone else's cruise be hours shorter than anyone else. Personally, we like to have lunch on board. We will continue to arrive early until the policy is you cannot enter terminal until your stated time... I don't think this will happen.:goodvibes

I have a question about the showers at the Spa:

Someone said in their TR that after getting the mother/daughter massage in the Chill Spa, both of them went up to the showers in the ladies' locker room. Are teens allowed in these showers on a regular basis, or is it only if you use the Chill Spa? I know she wasn't getting it confused with the little shower in Chill since she desribed all the nice amentities available up there.

There are several Disney shops on CC and a few Bahamian shops there also.

The Mickey Detective Agency shuts down at 9pm. (I guess because some of the paintings are near rooms?)

Do what I do--shop when you are waiting for dinner to start (oh THAT is how my shipboard charges amount goes up :rotfl:)

Can someone explain the Mickey Detective Thing? we defintely want to go to that just not sure where to go? is it a scheduled activity or do you do it on your own?? THANKS

You register and get a detective card and a clue booklet. You go around to the different pieces of animated artwork and they give you clues. On our cruise there were two to choose from--the puppy caper and the case of the missing artwork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter