Post your Favorite DLR Holiday photo

233618701_YUHdp-L.jpg

Some Fantasyland Xmas Decor...

DSC_4590.jpg

DSC_4587.jpg

Beautiful! Your Small World nighttime photo came out SO much better than mine did. I was using a bad disposable camera. I don't think I noticed the Nutcracker in the Fantasyland wreath! As much as I love it at DL during Christmas time, I think I didn't study the individual decorations in each land as much as I should have when I was there in December! I wonder if there was anything different on the decorations in the other lands. One thing I DID notice last year is that the Mouse-shaped wreaths which used to adorn the lampposts all along Main Street were moved to ToonTown. I thought that was interesting, because I used to love seeing them on Main Street, on top of the posts, but I guess they felt the wreaths were better in ToonTown. I think there were still a few Mickey wreaths hanging over head on Main Street, though, but they were not as noticeable.

Beautiful! Your Small Wolrd nighttime photo came out SO much better than mine did. I was using a bad disposable camera. I don't think I noticed the Nutcracker in the Fantasyland wreath! As much as I love it at DL during Christmas time, I think I didn't study the individual decorations in each land as much as I should have when I was there in December! I wonder if there was anything different on the decorations in the other lands. One thing I DID notice last year is that the Mouse-shaped wreaths which used to adorn the lampposts all along Main Street were moved to ToonTown. I thought that was interesting, because I used to love seeing them on Main Street, on top of the posts, but I guess they felt the wreaths were better in ToonTown. I think there were still a few Mickey wreaths hanging over head on Main Street, though, but they were not as noticeable.

Thank you! I can honestly say that I don't pay near close enough attention to all the little details in the park. I didn't even make it into Toontown once this past January!:eek: The Mickey wreaths were hanging over Main Street again this past Xmas. As far as I know they've always been there at least back to 2001 since I first started going at Xmas.

Thank you! I can honestly say that I don't pay near close enough attention to all the little details in the park. I didn't even make it into Toontown once this past January!:eek: The Mickey wreaths were hanging over Main Street again this past Xmas. As far as I know they've always been there at least back to 2001 since I first started going at Xmas.

Yes, I think the Mickey wreaths have always hung over Main Street (sort of like in a banner/arch shape from one side of Main St. to the other) as far as I know, but they used to have them on top of each lamp/sign post all up and down the street too, and that was noticeably absent last year. Prior to 2007, I had not been there at Christmas since 2001, so I don't know when they stopped putting the mouse wreaths on the posts. Maybe it was a long time ago!! I was disappointed when I noticed them missing last December, until I noticed they were up in ToonTown, but maybe they had been in ToonTown for years and I didn't know it! A lot can happen in 6 years time!

As detailed as some people are, it seems there are always new things to notice in Disneyland if you look hard enough. Then, when you notice one thing, you wonder if there may be more like it in other lands or areas of the park, and that begins the quest to find whatever that 'thing' is all over the park (like the bathroom signs themed to each land). It is cool to notice those special little touches after you have been to DL so many times in your life, because it makes you think there are always surprises that have yet to be discovered.

Prior to 2007, I had not been there at Christmas since 2001, so I don't know when they stopped putting the mouse wreaths on the posts. Maybe it was a long time ago!! I was disappointed when I noticed them missing last December, until I noticed they were up in ToonTown, but maybe they had been in ToonTown for years and I didn't know it! A lot can happen in 6 years time!
::yes:: I believe they moved those to Toontown a while back.

As detailed as some people are, it seems there are always new things to notice in Disneyland if you look hard enough. Then, when you notice one thing, you wonder if there may be more like it in other lands or areas of the park, and that begins the quest to find whatever that 'thing' is all over the park (like the bathroom signs themed to each land). It is cool to notice those special little touches after you have been to DL so many times in your life, because it makes you think there are always surprises that have yet to be discovered.

You know, no matter how many times I go there I am always discovering new things I hadn't seen before. That's part of what I love about Disney! :yay: Many times I'll go back to check out my old photos to see if something as there and I missed it :confused3 or if it's new. :laughing: I have noticed that since I started taking more pictures I have become a bit more in tune with things and have started noticing things more. I need to train my eyes to see the hidden gems in Disney better.

50th Anniversary Main Street Lampost:
2676901780033952238xbGenT_fs.jpg

With Flash:
2262562240033952238VdYdHi_fs.jpg

I really liked this lampost with the little Tinkerbell on the top. So cute!

::yes:: I believe they moved those to Toontown a while back.

You know, no matter how many times I go there I am always discovering new things I hadn't seen before. That's part of what I love about Disney! :yay: Many times I'll go back to check out my old photos to see if something as there and I missed it :confused3 or if it's new. :laughing: I have noticed that since I started taking more pictures I have become a bit more in tune with things and have started noticing things more. I need to train my eyes to see the hidden gems in Disney better.

I agree - discovering the hidden gems is part of what I love about the whole Disneyland experience. People who do not love Disney could never understand it! Sometimes I think, "Why didn't I notice that before? Now I have to find everything!" And then I think about it and realize that it is those details that Disney takes such care to insert in every inch of the parks - from the hotels to the bathroom signs to the benches to the Christmas decorations - and it would probably be no fun for me if I suddenly DID find every little hidden treasure. I like learning about the hidden things a little a a time, and knowing that every time I am there, there is likely going to be a new surprise to find - that maybe had been there all along and I never noticed!

50th Anniversary Main Street Lampost:
2676901780033952238xbGenT_fs.jpg

With Flash:
2262562240033952238VdYdHi_fs.jpg

I really liked this lampost with the little Tinkerbell on the top. So cute!

Yes, that is a really ornate one - they managed to make it both cute and beautiful at the same time. I love the floral touches.

I just love this thread! These holiday pics are the best!! Now I'm kinda bummed because it looks like I'll be missing all of the Holiday stuff on my trip.( I'm going during the week of nothingness.....11/2-11/7)
O well. keep em coming! :thumbsup2

Jasmine, what a beautiful picture! Even DBF saw it and he said it was really pretty. He wouldn't lie either. I was like "that's her! She was there with her family the same night we were!" And he's like "oooohhh! Yeah!" Haha, anyways! Wonderful job! I can't wait to see more from you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter