Posting Trip Reports to correct threads

RachelleBeaney

PrincessShelle
Hi DIS wizards :)

So, I'm hoping you can help me with what may be a stupid question....here we go. In Nov I am heading to the Tokyo Disney Resort, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and the Disneyland Resort (yes I am SUPER excited) and I would like to write a trip report about my experience, I have already written a PTR (see below). But i've been wondering what forum I should post this one two as technically it could go in Universal Trip Reports, Disneyland Trip Reports, Walt Disney Trip Reports, Tokyo Disney and the Australian forum? Is there anyway to make the thread show up on all of those forums or will I just have to pick the most appropriate one? If so what is the most appropriate one :P ...

Hope you can help :)

Cheers

WOW!! That sounds like an Amazing trip!! :cool1: How long will you be on holiday?

My suggestion would be that you write a full trip report on everything and put it on our main trip report board in this section. I think it gets the most traffic of people just looking to get their Disney fix through reading about others. Then I would copy/paste the appropriate sections to a new thread on the individual trip reports for each location (DL days on the DL Trip report Board, Universal days on that Trip Report board) and also let people know about your overall trip and provide a link so they can read about your entire adventure if they would like to.

I am going to have the Trip Report Forum moderators take a look at your question and see what they think. They may have a different opinion. :)

Thanks LovetoScrap! I hadn't considered those options, good idea - my main concern was really for the Tokyo Disney portion of the trip as there is little information in English on the resort other than the wonderful trip reports people have posted on the net (where I got most of my planning info from!) so I wanted to contribute my experiences...

We are going to be away for the whole month of November (leaving on the 1st and getting back on the 30th) so just over 4 weeks - I am so ridiculously excited as i've dreamed about doing a trip like this for a long time!

Another quick question - I'm not hugely technical so i'm sure most people just work this out - but how do you create a reference page as such of all your trip report posts so people can go through each post without the additional comments, and also so you can post a 'next post' link at the bottom of each section? I've noticed quiet a few people have done it and given how long I anticipate this report will end up being I thought it might be a good idea .

Thanks for your help - looking forward to any other advice you can provide :)

T

We are going to be away for the whole month of November (leaving on the 1st and getting back on the 30th) so just over 4 weeks - I am so ridiculously excited as i've dreamed about doing a trip like this for a long time!

Another quick question - I'm not hugely technical so i'm sure most people just work this out - but how do you create a reference page as such of all your trip report posts so people can go through each post without the additional comments, and also so you can post a 'next post' link at the bottom of each section? I've noticed quiet a few people have done it and given how long I anticipate this report will end up being I thought it might be a good idea .

Thanks for your help - looking forward to any other advice you can provide :)

So jealous! I can't wait to ready your Trip Report!

When you start your trip report just do an initial post and then Reply to the thread, maybe a few times so you have some free space to use later. Reply with something like "This post reserved for links later" and then later you can go back and edit those posts to add in the links. With that long of a trip you may have quite a few links! Then take a look at the FAQ thread here on the Welcome Board (link is in my signature) for information on posting links to a specific post. If you need help let me know.

I have asked OhMari to take a look at your TR dilemma and offer her opinion on the best way to to your report. She may have other ideas on the best way for you to post it.

Thanks LovetoScrap - Those FAQ links will be really helpful :) I'll look into it more closer to the time :) 8.5 weeks and counting :) :)

I agree with everything Lovetoscrap says.
Wow, have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter