PoT (Proof of Time) Question and Advice

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
Hi everyone,

I would love advice from the rD experts on Proof of Time for the upcoming January 2023 races. I am signed up for the half marathon (only) and I submitted a PoT from a 10k I ran a couple of weeks ago with a 58:06 time (9:21 min per mile) with my registration. I did run the Vero Beach half marathon in January of 2022 (with a time of 2:13, 10:11 min per mile pace) but the 10k seemed like a faster time to submit. Would this submission put me in the S2 or S3 category (or is there no way to know this from now?).

Both races were at decent tempo runs for me so I am actually hoping to improve my time in the coming months--I will be running the Bayshore Half in May (Traverse City, MI) and a few other races over the summer. I am hoping to be able to run 1:59:59 half before the PoT window closes. Does anyone know what an equivalent 10k time would be? I would love any advice from those of you who are more familiar with the Disney races (I ran the January half in 2015 and the Princess Half in 2020 but things change a bit over time!).

With much gratitude. 💜

Hi everyone,

I would love advice from the rD experts on Proof of Time for the upcoming January 2023 races. I am signed up for the half marathon (only) and I submitted a PoT from a 10k I ran a couple of weeks ago with a 58:06 time (9:21 min per mile) with my registration. I did run the Vero Beach half marathon in January of 2022 (with a time of 2:13, 10:11 min per mile pace) but the 10k seemed like a faster time to submit. Would this submission put me in the S2 or S3 category (or is there no way to know this from now?).

Both races were at decent tempo runs for me so I am actually hoping to improve my time in the coming months--I will be running the Bayshore Half in May (Traverse City, MI) and a few other races over the summer. I am hoping to be able to run 1:59:59 half before the PoT window closes. Does anyone know what an equivalent 10k time would be? I would love any advice from those of you who are more familiar with the Disney races (I ran the January half in 2015 and the Princess Half in 2020 but things change a bit over time!).

With much gratitude. 💜
Congrats on snagging a half spot for the Bayshore! Those went fairly quickly this year I think! I'm a local and last year the weather was just about perfect that weekend. Fingers crossed for you that it's good this year as well.
There is an in-depth post with all kinds of data on this exact topic.
POT thread
HAH! I was just coming to post this as well.

Congrats on snagging a half spot for the Bayshore! Those went fairly quickly this year I think! I'm a local and last year the weather was just about perfect that weekend. Fingers crossed for you that it's good this year as well.

HAH! I was just coming to post this as well.
Thank you--I LOVE Bayshore Half...I have done this race before-- and actually, it's a deferment registration from two Bayshores ago--it was postponed for COVID. 😅. I am just excited to be back to in person racing. I LOVE Traverse City--what a beautiful town. You are so lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter