~ pre Christmas Crusin' ~ FANTASY December 10th - 17th 2016 ~

Well looks like we are here to stay so should introduce us. I am Amy, mom to two sweet teen girls, Mattisyn(17 at cruise time) and Mackenzey(14 at cruise time). Married to a great guy, who happens to have severe vertigo.... so he can't cruise. :( So our cruises are girls only trips. I am a retired critical care nurse, stay at home mom and travel agent. This will be cruise number 8 for us(gasp!), unless we sneak another one in beforehand. Just recently got off the Nov 28th Western Fantasy. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

I just moved our NY to San Juan cruise to this one!!! (haven't told hubby yet, lol). This will be our seventh cruise!!!! Second one on the Fantasy! So excited for another 'Christmas cruise'! So nice to see all the amazing Christmas decorations on board!

YES !!!!! I just happened to get on to this link and was seeing if anyone started it yet.....then i see that you guys are on this cruise. AWESOME !!!! We too changed our original booking from the 2015 Members Cruise when we booked to this one. Glad we did.

Joining in! This will be our third cruise, first 7-night itinerary. Myself, wife, son (7 at sail), and our new princess arriving 1.20.16 (11 months at sail)

Are their any fish extender lists or groups?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask an FE type question? Our stateroom is not-right-next-to but near the elevators, does that seem to make folks a bigger target for FE theft? Thanks for any insight!

We've never had an issue, but part of the problem is that you don't know if someone takes things out of your FE since you really don't know what you are getting from whom until you get it. We've been in small groups (10-12 cabins) and large (70+ cabins) and cannot say that we ever had anything taken (but then we really wouldn't know). Sorry this doesn't really answer your question. If you are referring to the stealing of your FE it's self, many use tie straps and attach them to the bar so they would have to have scissors to 'cut' the ties to take your FE. Many have personalized their FE so that it wouldn't do others any good unless they had same name.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES !!!!! I just happened to get on to this link and was seeing if anyone started it yet.....then i see that you guys are on this cruise. AWESOME !!!! We too changed our original booking from the 2015 Members Cruise when we booked to this one. Glad we did.

Welcome aboard!!!!! So glad to know someone we are sailing with!

We've never had an issue, but part of the problem is that you don't know if someone takes things out of your FE since you really don't know what you are getting from whom until you get it. We've been in small groups (10-12 cabins) and large (70+ cabins) and cannot say that we ever had anything taken (but then we really wouldn't know). Sorry this doesn't really answer your question. If you are referring to the stealing of your FE it's self, many use tie straps and attach them to the bar so they would have to have scissors to 'cut' the ties to take your FE. Many have personalized their FE so that it wouldn't do others any good unless they had same name.

Thank you - yeah, I wondered about even knowing if something had walked away. Ah well, go in with the mindset that it's all just "extra" fun and I guess that is the best I can do. Thank you!!

Joining in - this will be our first DCL cruise. I'm a bit nervous after seeing so many changes since we booked (no more mickey mail, reduced pool/hot tub hours, change in alcohol policy -- most of these don't really affect us, but it does worry me to see a flurry of change)

We are looking forward to it though! Our party will be: me (Disney fan and planner of trips), DH (only one with cruise experience!), DD7 who will be 9 by the time we sail, and DS 3, who will be 4.

This is our first cruise as well! So excited. None of us have cruise experience, with exception of my son who cruised with his grandparents last year. It will be me, a Disney fantatic, my husband, my DS who will be 12 and my DS who will be 3. Can't wait to cruise together!!

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted, offered or discussed by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, here on the Cruise Line forum, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hi all :wave:

Me and my husband have booked this cruise - it will be our second Disney cruise after doing the Eastbound Transatlantic in May 2013 on the Magic. So excited to do another one!

We are from the UK and will be staying at Wilderness Lodge for 10 nights before the cruise, very excited to stay here whilst is is all decorated for Christmas. It will be our first wedding anniversay trip - we just got married on December 1st 2015.

Look forward to getting to know you all! Have a lovely weekend!

Thank you - yeah, I wondered about even knowing if something had walked away. Ah well, go in with the mindset that it's all just "extra" fun and I guess that is the best I can do. Thank you!!

Do you know if a FE has been started for the 12/10/16 sail date?

I do not know if one is started on the DIS.

Please see the moderator post above that outlines the details and how/where to find DIS related FE groups.

This will be our second cruise on the Fantasy. Last one was Halloween 2014 now we are trying the Christmas/Holiday cruise. Cant wait to see all the decorations!
We have three generations -Grandma, daughters and one teenager

I don't think there is one on here.
And we are not allowed to discuss on what other social media site there might be one formed. :rolleyes2
I will probably be reprimanded by a mod for even saying that.

I don't think there is one on here.
And we are not allowed to discuss on what other social media site there might be one formed. :rolleyes2
I will probably be reprimanded by a mod for even saying that.

Nah... ;) Just no links or search directions please. :duck:

I thought I had posted about a fish extender exchange on this thread but maybe I didn't. The few times we have done it had been soo much fun. Who is interested?

I thought I had posted about a fish extender exchange on this thread but maybe I didn't. The few times we have done it had been soo much fun. Who is interested?
You may have posted, but the only posts here by you that I found just say "We're on this cruise" and one that introduces your group. If you posted specific information about a Fish Extender group on another social media site, it was deleted (no links or search directions to other sites can be posted here).

Hey all, we *finally* settled on the dates for our first Disney Cruise and I am super excited to join you! My husband and I will be cruising with our then-4yo B/G twins. I'm trying to figure out all the little secrets to get the most out of our experience. Tips are welcome! We would like to join a FE group and I hope to get to know some families with kids around the same age so we can really have a great time! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter