pregnant and rides

Camping Griswalds

DIS Veteran
I know that tere are lots of warnings about pregnancy and rides, but realistically if you're 3-6 months pregnant can't you ride what you feel comfortable with?? I can't believe that the safarri ride in AK could really hurt. Any idea??s

I did the Safari Ride when I was 4 month pregnant and my son came out fine. You just have to be smart about it--I tried to sit in the middle of the truck so I didn't sway so much. Now I did stay away from Dinosaur and other roller coasters. It is hard especially when your husband and friends go and ride them and you sit and wait. But in retrospect it is only a few rides that might be a bit rough that you may want to sit out. It won't be long before you can ride them all again. We are going in 4 weeks with out DS now 11 months--we'll do the baby swap but it will be worth it to ride Rocking Roller Coaster again.

My Wife has the same worry about the same ride! I don't remember it being a rough ride.

I went to WDW when I was seven months pregnant. I had a great time but did not ride too many rides. It was the first visit to WDW for my husband, my daughter, and myself so just enjoying all of the other features and watching my daughter enjoy them was enough for me. I will say that we are going back in two months - basically because I want to go again and experience some of the things I was limited from the first time. I would ask your OB/GYN what you can ride. I was told anything my daughter could ride-I could ride. I had to avoid any ride that went in circles (Mad Tea Party). I did not go on the safari ride because it was stated that it could induce early labor. My husband and daughter did it and said it was not that bad. I probably would have done it if I was not so far along. I do know someone that did all the rides at two months along and her son was fine. My personal opinion is that if riding a ride could hurt my child then I would not ride the ride. Your doctor can probably give you the best advice. You will most likely have to avoid the roller coasters. Have a great time and just plan to go again in a few years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter