Pregnant~How do I tell my husband?

Trader Sam

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, got a delema.

I just found out that I am pregnant. I want to tell my husband next weekend at Disneyland or DCA. Does anyone have any cool ideas? I want to make this special. Maybe even tote along a friend to take pictrues of when I tell him.

Also, in October, we'll be crusing DCL with our families from around the country. That will be a perfect time to tell them. Any ideas there? Thanks for the help.

I don't have any ideas to tell you how to tell your husband, I just wanted to tell you congrats! Thats so exciting!!

Trader Sam said:
Hi guys, got a delema.

I just found out that I am pregnant. I want to tell my husband next weekend at Disneyland or DCA. Does anyone have any cool ideas? I want to make this special. Maybe even tote along a friend to take pictrues of when I tell him.

Also, in October, we'll be crusing DCL with our families from around the country. That will be a perfect time to tell them. Any ideas there? Thanks for the help.

Congratulations!! :cheer2: Just a suggestion, but I saw a teddy bear in World of Disney in DTD and it's a "My first disney teddy bear." I believe it is for babies since it was in the infants section of the store. Maybe you could give it to your husband as a surprise or as a hint? :confused3

You could get him a pair that read "Daddy". If I were you I might call their merchandise number and ask if it's possible...explain that you want to tell him he's going to become a dad while there and ask if they could get approval to have Daddy put on a pair of ears.

Are you staying at a Disney hotel? That might open up the options....

Have you thought of calling the ESPN Zone and seeing if they have any ideas to help out? Since it's a guy-place they might get a kick out of it.

I wish I had more ideas! Calling the concierge at your hotel or the Disney folks themselves for suggestions is about the best I can suggest! Good luck! :cloud9:

lntsmom said:
You could get him a pair that read "Daddy". If I were you I might call their merchandise number and ask if it's possible...explain that you want to tell him he's going to become a dad while there and ask if they could get approval to have Daddy put on a pair of ears.

WOW! That was great. I can't believe that i didn't think of that hat thing. I'm ashamed of myself. ha ha. That was a good one. Thank you. Keep 'um coming.

I never knew they only did given names. Last time we were there my husband and I got "mama" and "dada" on our ears and had no problem at all. That is a great idea!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 Congratulations!!!!

Do you have any plans for character meals or sit down meals. Maybe you could get a server in on the plan. If you can get the mickey ears done, have a character place the ears on his head. (Just take a bathroom break and pass them along to your server)

Congratulations.

Here is another idea. Stand in line for Space Mountain. When you get to the point in line where the warnings are posted explain that you just realized that you are unable to ride. You could point to the part about expectant mothers.

City Hall might have some great Ideas.
Have cookies delivered to your room with it's positive and another saying boy and another girl. The hotel will spoil you just ask them they will help out with anything that you ask for How fun to suprise him like this.

Congrats on your news, thats so fantastic!

My idea is that you could also go and purchase a baby disney shirt when your husband isnt watching, and then over a special sit down dinner, pull it out and show him saying " I had to buy this because it was so cute, and I think it would look adorable on our new baby". There you can celebrate over a nice meal.

These are all cute ideas. We're not staying in a hotel though. We've got passes and are pretty frequent guests of the parks. BUT, we will be for the WDW/DCL in October with ther families. So maybe I could use some of the hotel ideas on the. That's alot guys. Keep them coming.

I thought of telling him by that big lake in DCA that is b yParadise Pier. Like, right around sunset or during twighlight time. But, I just don't know how to say it. But still, I'm open to more ideas. And I'm really excited about telling the family on the cruise.

You could also get an ornament that says Babys first Christmas or something like that and put on it 2007? If adding right, the baby is due late April or early May? My son is a May 6th baby and we conceived early August. I love the Mickey ears ideal but maybe something Disney baby like ornament, rattle, pacifier or baby Mickey ears or something Pooh, Tigger, piglet-the suggestion about the snuggly bear or something is great, there is also the Mickey or Pooh grams that are on Disneystore online and I am sure in store, they have all kinds of messages. Also, maybe a Dads Day shirt?

I saw this in another post but how about a Fortune Cookies specially made for the occasion, I am sure you can do a search on the net and find a company that does that, sounds kinda fun

While you're riding IASW,ask him if he'd like to ride it on FATHERS DAY in a couple of years? :cheer2:

btw CONGRATS. :cool1:

Congratulations and whatever you do, do it before he tries to drag you on Space Mountain or some other ride you can't go on! LOL :sunny:

I've seen plush toys that are Baby Mickey, Baby Minnie, etc. (locally, I think at Babies R Us, but probably many places that sell plush toys.) If you could hide it and bring it along...? Maybe at a restaurant or show or character meet, have one of the characters present it? I don't know if they do that sort of thing, but it seems like something could be arranged for such a special occasion.

Congratulations, and however you tell him, it's going to be special!

I just found out that I am pregnant

Congrats. :sunny:

Although you didn't specify if you're telling him at Disney to elate him, or telling him at Disney to lessen the damage that he isn't the..... :confused3

I know, I know, I'm terrible. :banana:

Congratulations!!!!

I love the ideas of the daddy ears, although I have heard they won't do anything but names. in fact, when we were at wdw my sister was expecting a girl. dh and I got infant ears for her baby that had "b.g." (for baby girl) on the back. it took some doing to convince the woman to embroider that, but we explained that the child didn't have a name yet and she did it. so maybe.

I think it would be fun to take him on a fantasyland ride first off...maybe dumbo or its a small world or the like. and say how much fun it will be to bring a little one along on the ride next year. or present him with daddy ears/shirt/infant ears/blue and pink cookies/babies first mickey shirt/whatever. small world would be fun because its a longish ride.

or you could line up in front of a ride you shouldn't go on and say, oh, honey, I'll have to sit this one out. :)

is there a wishing well (can't remember) in DL by the castle? maybe you could tell him there, very nice especially if this is something you've been trying for. (honey, lets make a wish. oh look, it came true!)

Well the first thing that popped into my head was to tell him on Splash Mountain just before they take your picture as you are going over the falls or on Tower of Terror when they take your picture on that ride. The expression could be priceless plus you'll have a picture of it!

Now that having been said, probably not a good idea for either of those rides in your current condition - so scratch those.

One place to tell him could be on the Dumbo ride. "Baby Mine" has been a staple between my wife and our two girls and I'm not sure if any other Disney movie captures "baby" more than Dumbo. Plus there is the whole stork bringing Dumbo to his mom and such. And you will be up there overseeing all of Fantasyland alone (just the two of you) when you tell him. If there is a 3rd person with you have them stay on the ground and try and take pictures of the two of you up there. Then afterwards (if it is still there) go and get a picture of the two of you in the Golden Dumbo behind the ride to commemorate the moment!

Oh and I almost forgot!! Congrats!! Becoming a Dad is the best thing I have ever done in my life!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter