Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

I have the same question. We just purchased an AP for our daughter in August and would love to just upgrade it to a PAP.

We had plans of purchasing regular AP's on Sept 26 (will be in parks 9/26-9/28). We're on the Fantasy 9/29-10/6 and have plans to be back in the parks 10/6-10/9. Any chance I will be able to "switch" to a Premium AP from the regular AP I was planning on buy on Sept 26 ?

I was all set to purchase a Premier Pass for both parks when I get there next month since I currently have plans to visit DL 1 or 2 times within the next year also. Now I'll have to figure out if it will be worth just paying for Parkhoppers at DL instead and getting the Premium Pass for WDW. I guess I could just get the Premium for now and figure out whether or not to upgrade to Premier when I actually go to DL.

This is much cheaper than my FL resi discount. Mine expire the end of Jan so I think I'll be buying mine on Dec 31st.

you would be fine buying it now (10/1 - 12/31) and you have until December 31, 2013 (next year) to activate it. At least that is how I am reading it

That is my question too, in this case does redeemed mean the same as activated? :confused3

We had plans of purchasing regular AP's on Sept 26 (will be in parks 9/26-9/28). We're on the Fantasy 9/29-10/6 and have plans to be back in the parks 10/6-10/9. Any chance I will be able to "switch" to a Premium AP from the regular AP I was planning on buy on Sept 26 ?

Depends upon whether Disney will allow any sort of complimentary upgrades after Oct 1. We will probably need to wait for October 1 to arrive or someone like Cheshire Figment to comment.

I do know that back in 2005 when the DVC AP discount was first introduced, they did allow guests to upgrade. Essentially if you had a non-discounted Annual Pass you could trade it in for a DVC discounted PREMIUM Annual Pass at no cost.

The fine print of this DVC PAP deal doesn't say anything about the discount not applying to "previously purchased tickets" or anything along those lines. So there is still hope. :goodvibes

I bought regular AP's online a few weeks ago and am going to activate them in November. I called Member Services to see if I can "upgrade" these to the Premium and get this deal and was told I could not. :mad:
If anyone else finds out something different I would love to know!

Just called DVC....there will be NO switching/upgrading to the Premium if you've already purchased your AP. So looks like Sea World....Universal will be getting my business Sept 26-29. Just an FYI folks ;)

Depends upon whether Disney will allow any sort of complimentary upgrades after Oct 1. We will probably need to wait for October 1 to arrive or someone like Cheshire Figment to comment.

I do know that back in 2005 when the DVC AP discount was first introduced, they did allow guests to upgrade. Essentially if you had a non-discounted Annual Pass you could trade it in for a DVC discounted PREMIUM Annual Pass at no cost.

The fine print of this DVC PAP deal doesn't say anything about the discount not applying to "previously purchased tickets" or anything along those lines. So there is still hope. :goodvibes

Not sure Cheshire always has the current info on what affects DVC, he shared some incorrect info about the member discount for Halloween and Christmas parties recently, just saying.

Originally Posted by tjkraz

The fine print of this DVC PAP deal doesn't say anything about the discount not applying to "previously purchased tickets" or anything along those lines. So there is still hope.

Think hope is gone :(
I just called MS. No switching or upgrades from what they just told me 5 min ago...(see my above post). And we were planning on purchasing an AP a mere 5 days prior to the sale. Now we are waiting until Oct 6 and will give other area attractions our business Sept 26-29. Oh well :(

Will we be able to buy this online? We will be in Disney this month then not again until Jan. When renewal time comes up for the PAP can we just renew it as a regular AP at the DVC discount?

Will we be able to buy this online? We will be in Disney this month then not again until Jan. When renewal time comes up for the PAP can we just renew it as a regular AP at the DVC discount?

According to what MS told me, we can only take advantage of this excellent discount Oct 1 to Dec 31, 2012. No switches/upgrades permitted. This is what MS told me over the phone in the last hour.

Well I guess we can't change to premium. Just bought an annual in August. Bummer.

Yes, you can purchase the Premium as long as you activate it by 12/31/2013 - so you would just need to do that once your current AP expires.

From the DVC Member Website:

(There is also a short DVC video by Claire Bilby. )

Now, See the World and Save Even More…​

The successes of the past year are just the beginning. Looking forward, the team is thrilled to be able to provide a sneak peak at two fantastic Member Perks that will become available on Oct 1:

1.From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

2.October 1 will also mark the launch of a new ongoing Member perk – 10% off merchandise** at all Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Parks and Resorts at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai'i.

Visit dvcmember.com on October 1 for more details!

**Discount is not valid on previous purchases or on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, Park Admission, Arcades, Disney Dollars, tobacco, alcohol, Outdoor Vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV), personalization, Disney's PhotoPass® Online, framed Disney Dollars, Artist Sketch Program (original art), original or consignment art, newspapers/periodicals, videos, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/video/disposable cameras, consumer electronics, Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladro, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, select collectible originals, handmade items, special orders, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Pirate League packages, shipping or taxes. A valid DVC Member ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. May not be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotion.

I wasn't really planning on going to WDW in 2013 (but secretly thought I might sneek in a short trip), but planned on going all out in 2014. This totally makes sense to buy this, do a Nov/Dec 2013 trip, activate discounted PAP. Then I will have it for all of 2014 to use! Genius...right? Am thinking about it correctly right?

So the way I'm reading that is that if I buy the pass before Dec 31, 2012 I can activated in April 2013 and still use it on our Feb 2014 trip. Is that correct?

So the way I'm reading that is that if I buy the pass before Dec 31, 2012 I can activated in April 2013 and still use it on our Feb 2014 trip. Is that correct?

Yes, this Premium DVC AP just needs to be activated by 12/31/2013 and will then be good for a year.

Thanks for posting this. It's a great deal! We usually go to a water park once a year so the Premium AP was never worth the extra cost but at $399 it's cheaper than a regular AP ($425) and we just happen to need new APs.

Us too!! And I had thought about not getting AP's and doing a bit more Universal or Sea World. Now I could finally make it to a water park. :)

If I get this discounted premium AP and use it in 2013, then when it expires in 2014, can I renew it for a regular AP?

Dumb question: Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of annual passes you could buy under one membership?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter