Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

I saw this offer a few weeks ago and was very excited as we are going to WDW in January and talking about a 2nd trip in Oct. But, then I saw that you had to activate them at a park by 12/31 and I mistakenly read it as in 2012. Was all bummed and just figured I'd get 5 day hoppers for January. Was checking prices today for SIL who is up for renewal of basic DVC AP and saw that we actually have until 2013 to activate them...YAY! I will be buying them by next weekend! Made my day. This is really an awesome deal!!!

I know most have been lucky enough to have their activated AP's upgraded when 1st they weren't, but my question is this, does this have to be done in person ( in Disney ) or can this also be done over the phone, or possibly have the ap's sent down there or something...? Thnx in advance.

If this has already been answered I apologize. I am wondering if I purchase the PAP now but do not enter the gate until May 1, 2013 when is it activated? I have had two differnet answers from cast members on the phone. One told me I can have it in my hand but once I go through the gate to a park then it is activated. Another told me once I pick it up at guest services it is activated.

Secondly if I can pick it up now but not go through a gate, can tI use it for the 20% discount. If so it would make sense that it is activated once you pick it up.

If this has already been answered I apologize. I am wondering if I purchase the PAP now but do not enter the gate until May 1, 2013 when is it activated?

It is activated May 1.

If you buy now...from home...you will get either a paper voucher / exchange certificate or simply a will-call number to claim the pass. Neither of these represents an actual ticket. And regardless of which you get, the only way to turn it into a valid PAP is to stop by one of the ticket booths or Guest Relations.

I have had two differnet answers from cast members on the phone. One told me I can have it in my hand but once I go through the gate to a park then it is activated. Another told me once I pick it up at guest services it is activated.

The second CM was correct.

Secondly if I can pick it up now but not go through a gate, can tI use it for the 20% discount. If so it would make sense that it is activated once you pick it up.

Not a valid approach. You won't have anything in-hand which would yield the 20% discount until you claim your active AP at Guest Relations or a ticket booth.

It is activated May 1.

If you buy now...from home...you will get either a paper voucher / exchange certificate or simply a will-call number to claim the pass. Neither of these represents an actual ticket. And regardless of which you get, the only way to turn it into a valid PAP is to stop by one of the ticket booths or Guest Relations.

The second CM was correct.

Not a valid approach. You won't have anything in-hand which would yield the 20% discount until you claim your active AP at Guest Relations or a ticket booth.

Thanks for clarifying this.

The day a voucher/will-call/exchange certificate is processed at a ticket or GR window a live pass is issued, and the expiration will be one year from that date. Even if you never go through a turnstile.

We just got back from WDW, and we had two interesting experiences at the Guest Relations windows both inside and outside of Epcot. We first went to the window outside Epcot to upgrade a Child's DVC AP already activated and used in August. We just wanted to upgrade to a PAP. We paid $386 before tax. The CM wasn't going to upgrade saying it was worth over $400 and said he could not upgrade anything over $399. Next we had a voucher for for the same DVC child's pass that we paid $386 for back in June. Again, he said he would not do the upgrade. After i told him i paid $386 for it, he then did both upgrades, but then said i would not get a refund or credit. I shouldn't get a credit, i should have owed ~$14 per pass. After all is said and done, i walked away with 2 PAP's for the kids with no money out of pocket. Totally incorrect.

Next we went thru the turnstiles with our 2 6-day MYW park hoppers we purchased from UT back in June as well. After we made our way in, we went to Guest Relations inside the park to upgrade those 2 passes to PAPs as well. Gate price for each pass is ~$356. We paid ~$307 from UT. The CM was only going to give us the $307 price instead of bridging. She said they changed the policy of bridging back in June. After some exchange of words, they did in fact give me the current gate price as a 1 time courtesy and i paid the difference.

So i wonder why i had these 2 bad experiences...I hope Cheshire Figment can clear some of this up...

The easiest way to answer this is to explain about me. Unfortunately for many people working at Disney is just a minimum wage job and is treated as such.

My background is that I have been a Disney enthusiast for many years. I am a member of Mensa and I am a retired CPA. When I do something I want to do it right and I make it a point to understand Disney ticketing. I work no more than two days a week (less often sometimes) and do not rely on Disney income (I actually spend more at Disney during a yer than I make there).

I got my discounted premium AP card in the mail.My AP right now is good until the 2nd week of July 2013 so I will hold off until our fall trip to activate it.Im glad to have my pass until late 2014 before getting another one.

We just got back from WDW, and we had two interesting experiences at the Guest Relations windows both inside and outside of Epcot. We first went to the window outside Epcot to upgrade a Child's DVC AP already activated and used in August. We just wanted to upgrade to a PAP. We paid $386 before tax. The CM wasn't going to upgrade saying it was worth over $400 and said he could not upgrade anything over $399. Next we had a voucher for for the same DVC child's pass that we paid $386 for back in June. Again, he said he would not do the upgrade. After i told him i paid $386 for it, he then did both upgrades, but then said i would not get a refund or credit. I shouldn't get a credit, i should have owed ~$14 per pass. After all is said and done, i walked away with 2 PAP's for the kids with no money out of pocket. Totally incorrect.

Next we went thru the turnstiles with our 2 6-day MYW park hoppers we purchased from UT back in June as well. After we made our way in, we went to Guest Relations inside the park to upgrade those 2 passes to PAPs as well. Gate price for each pass is ~$356. We paid ~$307 from UT. The CM was only going to give us the $307 price instead of bridging. She said they changed the policy of bridging back in June. After some exchange of words, they did in fact give me the current gate price as a 1 time courtesy and i paid the difference.

So i wonder why i had these 2 bad experiences...I hope Cheshire Figment can clear some of this up...

Epcot GR-IG messed me up royally last Sept. I try to avoid them at all costs, particularly one CM who also messed up on my tickets the year before (should have learned the first time but when staying at the BC it's so convenient!)

OTOH, CheshireFigment rocks for giving us good information!!!

Hm,

Just bought 6 annual passes at Downtown Disney.

2 Adults
2 Kids (10,15)
2 kids (4,6)

I was charges $424.94 per pass. I asked if this was the DVC discount and told, "yes"

Have they changed the price? Couldn't remember the exact deal while I was there, but it seems I may have been over charged. What is my recourse now?

Hm,

Just bought 6 annual passes at Downtown Disney.

2 Adults
2 Kids (10,15)
2 kids (4,6)

I was charges $424.94 per pass. I asked if this was the DVC discount and told, "yes"

Have they changed the price? Couldn't remember the exact deal while I was there, but it seems I may have been over charged. What is my recourse now?

The tickets are $399 + 6.5% tax = $424.94.

I just purchased my voucher today. Normally, I believe the PAPs include a 20% discount. However, the CM told me it was 10%. Can anyone confirm this? I know 10% is what is given with the standard AP.

I just purchased my voucher today. Normally, I believe the PAPs include a 20% discount. However, the CM told me it was 10%. Can anyone confirm this? I know 10% is what is given with the standard AP.

An AP is a 10% discount, the PAP is 20%.

:earsboy: Bill

How does the voucher work in a situation where you cancel a trip and can not make it to a park before the 12/31/13 deadline? Can you activate it online or thru MS?

Example: We have AP passes good thru 6/13. We bought our vouchers already. We are are planning to go to WDW 11/13. However, both our parents are in their 90's and anything can happen at anytime. So there
is always a possibility of a trip being canceled.

Is there a consensus of which GS is the most knowledgeable for bridging an UT ticket to the DVC PAP, i.e. DTD, MK, etc.? I purchased a 6-day MYW PH from UT in June for $307. and will be activating it this Saturday at Disney. In theory, it should be worth $356. to apply towards the $425. DVC PAP.

[and could any post have so many acronyms] :goodvibes

Is there a consensus of which GS is the most knowledgeable for bridging an UT ticket to the DVC PAP, i.e. DTD, MK, etc.? I purchased a 6-day MYW PH from UT in June for $307. and will be activating it this Saturday at Disney. In theory, it should be worth $356. to apply towards the $425. DVC PAP.

[and could any post have so many acronyms] :goodvibes

I've had the best luck with MK. One thing you can do is start the conversation with saying you just want to see how much it would cost to upgrade your ticket. If the amount jives with what you think you should pay, go ahead and do the upgrade. GL

How does the voucher work in a situation where you cancel a trip and can not make it to a park before the 12/31/13 deadline? Can you activate it online or thru MS?

Example: We have AP passes good thru 6/13. We bought our vouchers already. We are are planning to go to WDW 11/13. However, both our parents are in their 90's and anything can happen at anytime. So there
is always a possibility of a trip being canceled.
You cannot activate any AP unless you are physically present at the window.

However, although there is nothing officially stated I would be quite confident that if you showed up after December 1, 2013, you would be allowed the cash (including tax) value of your voucher/will-call/exchange certificate toward the purchase of any ticket with an equal or higher value.

It all depends on who is in the window or at the desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter