Pretzels!!

Bittersweet & Strange

Earning My Ears
Tell me your favorite pretzels in Disney World. I love the one at Baseline Taphouse. I know Pongu Pongu and Sommerfest have giant pretzels too. Are they the same as Baseline? Better or worse? I want something a cut above Mickey pretzels. I had the one at Pim's in Disneyland thinking it would be like the one at Baseline, but I didn't really think it was as good. Maybe it was just the day. Am I crazy? Too picky?

Polite Pig at DS. We always stop there for a snack/lunch for a pretzel and a drink.

I've had a Sommerfest pretzel a couple times. They were okay - Baseline was better. Also I like that baseline has beer cheese to dip it in - Sommerfest only has mustard and I don't like mustard.

I've had a Sommerfest pretzel a couple times. They were okay - Baseline was better. Also I like that baseline has beer cheese to dip it in - Sommerfest only has mustard and I don't like mustard.
Ooo. That's good to know. I have the same feelings about cheese and mustard.

DW and I love our Mickey Pretzel breaks!! We have developed an instinctive location homing super power for finding all the pretzel kiosks in the parks. I agree with the Baseline Taphouse (with a beer), but to be honest, any warm soft Mickey Pretzel with cheese will work for us. And then sitting in a nice place and people watching.

Mickey Pretzel with Plastic cheese hands down.
While I didn’t have it, my parents had the one at baseline tap house and enjoyed it.

The pretzel stuffed with pepper jack cheese at the Cheshire Cafe (near the teacups) in MK. Oh so good! I have been thinking about it ever since I last had one in 2019! It's at the top of my snack list for this summer.

Tell me your favorite pretzels in Disney World. I love the one at Baseline Taphouse. I know Pongu Pongu and Sommerfest have giant pretzels too. Are they the same as Baseline? Better or worse? I want something a cut above Mickey pretzels. I had the one at Pim's in Disneyland thinking it would be like the one at Baseline, but I didn't really think it was as good. Maybe it was just the day. Am I crazy? Too picky?
Crazy? Too picky?? Of course not! But then again, I’m a bit of a pretzel snob now that I have searched all of WDW to find the best one!! 😆

Personally, I have never enjoyed a Mickey-shaped pretzel. I really wanted to, but they are all pretty “blah” to me. The jumbos are much better than the standard Mickey- but, imo, they are not all the same.

Hands down the best pretzel is at Pongu Pongu. 😍 Baseline Taphouse’s comes in at a close second… but then it drops off from there (for both the pretzel itself, and the accompanying cheese sauce). Prince Eric’s is a respectable third, and Sommerfest’s is a distant last (and there is no cheese option here at all to help the lacking pretzel).

Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe is also noteworthy for its pretzels, but these are a completely different category since they’re sweet (the cinnamon-sugar is my favorite!).

I will also say that the 2 pretzels in bold are some of the gluten-filled foods I have/will miss the most since being diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago.

ETA- I’m only discussing Disney pretzels found in the parks here, and I never had the pleasure of trying any of the “stuffed” pretzels… but they sound wonderful!

I'm partial to the pretzel at the Bier und Brezeln cart in Germany. It may be the same pretzel as Sommerfest.

Paired with the grapefruit hefeweizen it's a great snack and a refreshing beverage.

New favorite is the huge pretzel at Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar. So good. Served in a metal looking airplane with beer cheese (white cheese) and mustard. It has sesame seeds vs salt which I appreciated. Drinks were awesome too and we sat inside the diving bell. :D
I liked it too but I made such a mess😂. Felt bad for whoever had to clean up the sesame seeds…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter