• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Price differences between Loews and Universal sites

Wells Larsen

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious if anyone has noticed the sometimes drastic prices differences in resort rates between Universal's site and Loews site? Does anyone know why?

Loews-Prices.png
Universal-Prices.png

Hmm I checked and you are right! My dates are 60$ cheaper through them. It's the original price and promotion I had in my notes and it seemed like the price went up when I book a few days later

Edit: nevermind, it had gotten rid of my 3rd adult on the search and so it was cheaper because of that

Last edited:
You likely have the "Florida Resident" as "Yes" on the Universal Site. I just did your same search and noticed on the Universal site, it had "Florida Resident" turned on by default (not sure why). Once I turned it off and re-did the search, the rates are the same as Loews site:

Edit: I can see in your screen shot you have it turned off too. If it was set to "Yes" after your searchm and you turn it off to "no" you have to resubmit the search for the prices to update.

1670868813098.png

You likely have the "Florida Resident" as "Yes" on the Universal Site. I just did your same search and noticed on the Universal site, it had "Florida Resident" turned on by default (not sure why). Once I turned it off and re-did the search, the rates are the same as Loews site:

Edit: I can see in your screen shot you have it turned off too. If it was set to "Yes" after your searchm and you turn it off to "no" you have to resubmit the search for the prices to update.

View attachment 724724

The "Florida Resident" toggle was off for me the entire time on the Universal site, but even if it was on, wouldn't locals get the "better rate"? In my screenshots, the Universal quote is high and the Loews quote is low.

That got me to thinking... I wonder if the Loews has the "resident rate" toggle. I can't find it. So, I guess non-locals gets the "local" rate if they go through Loews?? Ha!

The "Florida Resident" toggle was off for me the entire time on the Universal site, but even if it was on, wouldn't locals get the "better rate"? In my screenshots, the Universal quote is high and the Loews quote is low.

That got me to thinking... I wonder if the Loews has the "resident rate" toggle. I can't find it. So, I guess non-locals gets the "local" rate if they go through Loews?? Ha!

The Florida resident rate they apply to only a certain amount of rooms in each room category. So if you had it on, it could be the case that one of the lower priced room categories doesn't have any more rooms left at the Florida resident rate, so the lowest price could be a higher amount because the cheapest room is now one of a higher category.

But that all being said, I just checked Universals site again and the prices are now the same whether I pick Florida Resident or not. So maybe a temporary glitch/late rate update from Loews -> Universal 🤷‍♂️ Dunno

I'm just curious if anyone has noticed the sometimes drastic prices differences in resort rates between Universal's site and Loews site? Does anyone know why?

View attachment 724643
View attachment 724644
Do you see this often? Very strange for it to be lower on the Loews site. I’ve never checked that site before but I don’t think I can book APH there anyway which is what I’m usually booking.

Hope you booked that PBH rate! That’s an awesome rate. Don’t hardly see that for even APH anymore.

Do you see this often? Very strange for it to be lower on the Loews site. I’ve never checked that site before but I don’t think I can book APH there anyway which is what I’m usually booking.

Hope you booked that PBH rate! That’s an awesome rate. Don’t hardly see that for even APH anymore.
First time I've noticed. I actually booked a pkg month ago with an agent and have an even better rate for PBH. I was just watching for price drops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter