Priceline Express Deals

Uuuuugh! Toying with my emotions here PLE!
Over on Hotwire app I see Dolphin for $169 for your dates. When you select it to book, HW is nice enough to tell you there will be $136 in total resort fees you will have to pay on site ($34 per day, they round it up from $33.75)
It is a deal with 4*, 4.1/5 rating. As of the last time I checked, Dolphin is the only 4* 4.1 rated resort in BC on Hotwire. (The next nearest rated resort in that area is Contemporary, which is a 4* 4.2/5)

Over on Hotwire app I see Dolphin for $169 for your dates. When you select it to book, HW is nice enough to tell you there will be $136 in total resort fees you will have to pay on site ($34 per day, they round it up from $33.75)
It is a deal with 4*, 4.1/5 rating. As of the last time I checked, Dolphin is the only 4* 4.1 rated resort in BC on Hotwire. (The next nearest rated resort in that area is Contemporary, which is a 4* 4.2/5)
Thanks so much! I have been debating pulling the trigger on that one for a couple days bc it’s a good price, but the double beds were kind of an issue for us the last time we were there. It’s myself, DH, and our 2 kids. One of the kids is a kicker lol. I’m still debating though.
I am also the most indecisive person in the world! Currently have ASMo booked on an AP rate of $150 a night. Would you switch?

Thanks so much! I have been debating pulling the trigger on that one for a couple days bc it’s a good price, but the double beds were kind of an issue for us the last time we were there. It’s myself, DH, and our 2 kids. One of the kids is a kicker lol. I’m still debating though.
I am also the most indecisive person in the world! Currently have ASMo booked on an AP rate of $150 a night. Would you switch?
Oh, I don't know. I'm 6'1" and did we've done OK with doubles, even though I recall with anti-fondness the days of the sleeping kid kick-fests. ;)
I've never stayed at either Swolphin, but people do seem to love them and the location. I think location is a strongish factor depending on your plan for those local Swolphin parks.

On the other hand: We really liked Movies last year, and our previous value stay was NOT a pleasant one. (Sports food court felt like going to the DMV, but with more waiting.)
I'm finding the new "Wholesale won't modify your reservation to add kids" policy a bit annoying and short-sighted, so I'm in wait and see mode on that issue myself.

All in all: I think the price difference is what might kill Dolphin for me vs your Movies deal. While I don't think $150 for Movies is great, for the time frame it is pretty OK.
Moving to the Dolphin would add $54 in rate and resort fees per night - I'm not sure even the nice step up to Dolphin would be worth it to me.

I'd sure prefer to be in the 4* resort, but if I'm raiding the parks, I'd rather keep $ or earmark it for better experience such as putting towards a Hoop de Doo.
I think I lean towards being willing to pay more for experiences, and pay less on resort fees for things I'm not even going to use.

Checking on Hotwire, is this AoA?
Looking at distances it says it’s .8 from Hollywood and .9 from ESPN. Trying to convince a friend to go!
Sorry, but there is nowhere near enough info in that screen cap to tell anything about the deal you are looking at. All I can see is it is a 4.3/5 and the amenities list.

Need to know location, star rating, guest rating. If it appears, number of reviews is the most bestest piece of info to ID a resort. Also, resort fees if they appear help.
If you want to post another capture with the full result (and your dates help too) I'm sure one of us can give it a go. :)

Sorry, but there is nowhere near enough info in that screen cap to tell anything about the deal you are looking at. All I can see is it is a 4.3/5 and the amenities list.

Need to know location, star rating, guest rating. If it appears, number of reviews is the most bestest piece of info to ID a resort. Also, resort fees if they appear help.
If you want to post another capture with the full result (and your dates help too) I'm sure one of us can give it a go. :)
It’s located in Bonnet Creek area, they list it at 3 stars, guest rating was 4.3 overall. Don’t see number of reviews on Hotwire. As for dates March 29-April 4 Here are the full page

It’s located in Bonnet Creek area, they list it at 3 stars, guest rating was 4.3 overall. Don’t see number of reviews on Hotwire. As for dates March 29-April 4 Here are the full page
Yowza - That is a super nice Art of Animation deal!
The only 3* resorts in Bonnet Creek are the All-Stars, Pop & AoA.
I am keeping track of ratings etc - the only 3* with a 4.3 Overall guest rating right now is AoA. (The others are all 4.0 or 4.1)
The individual ratings you captured underneath also match exactly - and they are unique to AoA.

Finally, when I used the Draw function in the iPad app, circled AoA I got this deal and a regular high priced AoA deal.
If I were going that week, I personally would jump on that boat. :D

Yowza - That is a super nice Art of Animation deal!
The only 3* resorts in Bonnet Creek are the All-Stars, Pop & AoA.
I am keeping track of ratings etc - the only 3* with a 4.3 Overall guest rating right now is AoA. (The others are all 4.0 or 4.1)
The individual ratings you captured underneath also match exactly - and they are unique to AoA.

View attachment 480300

Finally, when I used the Draw function in the iPad app, circled AoA I got this deal and a regular high priced AoA deal.
If I were going that week, I personally would jump on that boat. :D
View attachment 480301
Wow! Thanks! Did not know about the draw tool! Next time will use the iPad instead of my phone!

Oh, I don't know. I'm 6'1" and did we've done OK with doubles, even though I recall with anti-fondness the days of the sleeping kid kick-fests. ;)
I've never stayed at either Swolphin, but people do seem to love them and the location. I think location is a strongish factor depending on your plan for those local Swolphin parks.

On the other hand: We really liked Movies last year, and our previous value stay was NOT a pleasant one. (Sports food court felt like going to the DMV, but with more waiting.)
I'm finding the new "Wholesale won't modify your reservation to add kids" policy a bit annoying and short-sighted, so I'm in wait and see mode on that issue myself.

All in all: I think the price difference is what might kill Dolphin for me vs your Movies deal. While I don't think $150 for Movies is great, for the time frame it is pretty OK.
Moving to the Dolphin would add $54 in rate and resort fees per night - I'm not sure even the nice step up to Dolphin would be worth it to me.

I'd sure prefer to be in the 4* resort, but if I'm raiding the parks, I'd rather keep $ or earmark it for better experience such as putting towards a Hoop de Doo.
I think I lean towards being willing to pay more for experiences, and pay less on resort fees for things I'm not even going to use.
That’s almost exactly what DH said. I think we will be spending some resort time though, and I wanted to do a lot of Epcot so it’s still not off the table. I think if I can get it for under $195 with everything then I will bite. The location is amazing and the pool area is great too!

Woohoo! They finally put some Disney deals back on the desktop results. Yes - that is definitely Yacht Club, is the only 4*9 resort with reviews in the 60s.
BTW, a 4*8 deal for $239 pops up as an additional result when you click that YC deal - I strongly suspect that is Beach Club.

That's what I thought. I have a room only reservation with Disney right now. I know there are some steps I have to follow to link this to my account without losing the fast passes and dining reservation I have. I remember seeing a post but can't find it now. Can someone help me with that before I pull the trigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter