• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline question

NJ3

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know the basis of Priceline.com and Hotwire.com ratings for hotels? We are wanting to know what level they would place for a WDW moderate or deluxe hotel. Have you been satisfied with the room(s) for which you bid? And, do the DD hotels generally have rooms for a family of 5? Thanks to anyone who can help.

You will get much better responses to this question on the budget board, so in an effort to keep the resort board on topic- Disney Resorts - I'm moving this thread.

I've personally never used Priceline for Orlando. I want the ability to pick the hotel that I stay at -- not just a grouping. Also, Disney owned properties do not participate in Priceline. There are several people who have gotten some fabulous rates at nice properties near Disney however.

I would suggest you visit here

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

and make sure you absolutely understand what you are doing before attempting Priceline for a Diseny vacation. Remember - once a bid is accepted it is non-refundable.

If you go to the Transportation board you can learn alot about the cheapest car rental rates in the Orlando area.

Priceline does not get you into a Disney resort. I used Priceline for a Disney trip and I never will again. I tried for the 4 star (figured I had a 3 out of 4 shot of being on property - either Swan, Dolphin or Wyndham on property, or Marriott Orlando World Conference Center off property - of course I got MOWCC). Hotel was nice, staff was courteous - and we left after 2 days when we had prepaid for 3 days. It wasn't Disney, it was way too secluded, and the policies which were in effect when we booked they changed 21 days before we arrived. This hotel is highly rated by people who rate hotels - much higher than All Star Sports - but we felt much better once we got to the Sports. I will never again use Priceline for a Disney vacation. I also will not stay off site for a Disney vacation again. Even if the only perk I get to use is E-Ride night, it is well worth it. Good luck.

I would never try priceline for a family of 5. They only guarantee to accomodate 2. We have used it before and one time got the Grosvenor and the next got the Hyatt Orlando. Both were rated 3 *. We got two beds in the room each time, but when we used it for Wash DC this past summer we were at a 4* in Downtown on only had a king bed. Good thing I'd brought along our trusty air mattress.

I've used priceline for our family of 5 when we've only needed a room for one night but would not try it for an entire disney trip. I researched for our summer trip b/c I was considering doing a couple of nights. One thing I remember is that the Hilton at DD does NOT allow 5 people in a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter