Princess Weekend 2024!

I booked the art of animation little marina if rooms. I looked at the map and they are really far out from everything and there is only one bus stop. I know lots of runners stay at this, but how good is the bus there? Should I switch resorts? I’m doing the 5 and the 10, and I’d rather not have to hike to get to the bus.

There is going to be only one bus stop at Art of Animation for runDisney buses, near the main lobby. How far you want to walk is up to you, because yes the Little Mermaid rooms are the furthest in that resort. If you wanted a shorter walk, many people on this board would recommend booking a Preferred room at another resort.

Thank you! Would the Coronado be better? I stayed there for the first spring time surprise, but that was just for the night race.

Thank you! Would the Coronado be better? I stayed there for the first spring time surprise, but that was just for the night race.

I love Coronado for race weekends, and I'm staying there for Marathon Weekend.

runDisney buses will pick you up/drop you off at each regular park bus stop. For Princess 2022, I was in Casitas 1 (so preferred section) and it was a bit of a walk from the bus stop back to my room. We stay there because I like all the amenities like the hot tub, the restaurants and the coffee at Barcelona Lounge. We don't stay there because of the walking, cause you do walk quite a bit.

If you wanted a resort where you are guaranteed a closer room, I would say book a Preferred room at one of the All Stars like Sports or Movies, or book French Quarter which is so small that all rooms are close.

I booked the art of animation little marina if rooms. I looked at the map and they are really far out from everything and there is only one bus stop. I know lots of runners stay at this, but how good is the bus there? Should I switch resorts? I’m doing the 5 and the 10, and I’d rather not have to hike to get to the bus.
I did the mermaid rooms at AOA for the MW 10k in 2022 and the walk wasn’t too bad

AoA busses pick up in the regular bus loop it’s just AoA guests pre race with stops at both AoA and Pop posted

I looked up my journal post and while I didn’t note how far the room was to the lobby it was a 10 min drive to Epcot

Plus the post 5k photo ops will be great

Booked the Art of animation little marina if they don't cancel like the last one.

So we are getting closer and I’m kinda in panic mode .
We get in thursday am DD runs the 5 Friday. We are at Pop. We can’t do waiver because it says not outside of the US till we get there ? But then it also stated won’t get more info until waiver is done ?
so when we get to hotel I go online and get a virtual spot for the expo to pick up her bib ? And there are buses to the expo from resorts ?
Race day what time do buses start?
Any helpful tips would be great

There's nothing to panic about . You will have a great time, but I also understand wanting to know what to expect. :) I like to go onto youtube and find videos of previous race weekends. There are plenty of channels that cover everything from the expo (usually edited) to highlights of the races, down to full livestreams while they run(as in, 5+ hours of the marathon!) There are plenty of options out there for these, so just do a search and start watching. (Rise and Run Podcast just did a video about the upcoming race season expo, and it's only about 18min.)

We get in thursday am DD runs the 5 Friday. We are at Pop. We can’t do waiver because it says not outside of the US till we get there ? But then it also stated won’t get more info until waiver is done ?
There are paper waivers in the building where you pick up the race bibs. It's super easy and (usually) quick to just sign one, and then take it to one of the people assisting there. They will let you know which line you need to get in to actually get the bib. (Side note that if your daughter is a minor, you can pick it up for her without her there, but if she is 18, she has to pick it up herself and will need photo ID.)

You will absolutely be able to access the guide (when it is released...usually about 2 weeks before the race weekend) even if you haven't signed your waiver, and this will have pretty much all of the information you need.

so when we get to hotel I go online and get a virtual spot for the expo to pick up her bib ?
virtual queue is ONLY for the rundisney merch building on Thursday. not for bibs. not for the included race shirts.

And there are buses to the expo from resorts ?
yes. they are big charter/tour busses, NOT the usual Disney busses that would take you to the parks. For *most* resorts there is only one pickup point. I see you are staying at Pop, so just go out to where the busses would normally be and look for that bus. You may have to wait a little bit for one to arrive.
Usually between 230 and 3am. There are usually signs in front of the lobby building with either a QR code or just the information about the bus schedule. There is also *usually* a line of busses to take people to the start area.

442F1EBF-4C06-4FD7-8000-5F1579F1E679.jpeg

Last edited:

Everything @Herding_Cats said :) I'm Canadian, so I need to sign the paper waiver every time. It's super quick, no more than 5 minutes to do. The only thing is to pick up your daughter's 5k bib, you need to get to the Expo on the Thursday before it closes, which is usually around 8pm.

We never got .. can you share please ? Thanks
COSTUMING GUIDELINES UPDATES
For many of our athletes, part of the fun of a runDisney® event is dressing up as your favorite Disney Character, and seeing others do the same! We hope you are as excited as we are for the 2024 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by CORKCICLE, and we can't wait to see what creative costumes you come up with!
As you're preparing your wardrobe, keep in mind we recently updated our Costuming Guidelines for all future runDisney events. Here's what's new:
  • Layered costumes,  such as ball gowns, hoop skirts, those that have an infrastructure with metal components or hard edges, costumes that do not follow the natural contour of the human body, and/or costumes that could conceal prohibited items are not permitted.
  • Layered clothing, including tutus over running shorts, cold-weather gear such as sweatshirts or sweatpants, and clothing that follows the natural contour of the body are permitted unless they present a safety hazard (e.g. dragging on the ground). 
  • Costume or large props including, without limitation, items that presenet a safety hazard (e.g. King Triton's trident), those that surround the entire body (e.g. cardboard, plastic or other wearable costumes with hard edges, such as a house from Disney-Pixar's Up), those that are inflatable, or those that physically connect multiple participants to each other are not permitted.
  • Small, inflatable or soft-bodied, handheld props (e.g. an inflatable Toy Story ball) are permitted. 
  • Foam swords and all-plastic lightsabers may be permitted, however, they may not exceed 36" in length.

so when we get to hotel I go online and get a virtual spot for the expo to pick up her bib ? And there are buses to the expo from resorts ?
Any helpful tips would be great
The VQ is just for official RunDisney merchandise (purchase and pre order pick ups) and character meets if those interest you join as soon as you get in range if it’s not important that is skippable

Resorts will have charter busses running to expo all day …race day busses start at 3am for the 5k/10k and idk if they start at this time or 230am for the half at least historically those are the times… I definitely suggest getting to the bus at least 15-30 mins before posted start if you want pre race character photos

There are paper wavers available at the expo for out of country runners or those that had IT issues

Last night the DW tells me that her company sent out a "save the date" for their upcoming conference. Another someone-else-paying-for-it stay at Coronado?! Another shot at Princess weekend? Cool.
But alas, it's not to be. The conference date is the weekend after the Princess races. Dang.
So the Disney resort stay is on, but no race. It's been over 14 years since I've been down there without a race. Going to feel a bit odd....

Last night the DW tells me that her company sent out a "save the date" for their upcoming conference. Another someone-else-paying-for-it stay at Coronado?! Another shot at Princess weekend? Cool.
But alas, it's not to be. The conference date is the weekend after the Princess races. Dang.
So the Disney resort stay is on, but no race. It's been over 14 years since I've been down there without a race. Going to feel a bit odd....
Imagine, a vacation where you don't have to get up at 2:30AM...

We will be getting there on Thursday of race weekend, but other runners in our group will not get in until Friday. Can I pick up all of our packets at the expo on Thursday?

We will be getting there on Thursday of race weekend, but other runners in our group will not get in until Friday. Can I pick up all of our packets at the expo on Thursday?
No… they will need to pick up their bibs and race shirts HOWEVER if there is race specific merchandise they want I’d definitely advise you planning to buy it for them Thursday

Just in case anyone out there wants to volunteer, the volunteer signup page is linked to from the rundisney page.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. If you're on mobile, click on see more links. Mobile or computer, go to the Exhibitors and Volunteer section and click on Princess. Log in, sign up. Some things are "sold out", but by no means all.

My cousin and I are participating in the 5&10 this year, and are volunteering to give out medals at the Half. Then doing yoga the next day.

For us, getting the medals is SO important, and we want to make it nice for the people who get them from us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter