Private Adventure- London and Paris Review

Lynnie77

Earning My Ears
We are now home and wanted to do a thorough review of our Adventures by Disney Private Adventure to London and Paris. We were two families- 4 adults and 4 kids.
We built in a pre-day to do the Harry Potter Studio tours and it was well worth it! A must do if you are a fan. We purchased tickets in advanced and used ATN cars for transportation to the studios and back to the hotel.

Day 1- Hotel Check-in Kimpton Fitzroy- We were told by our travel agent that we would be able to get rooms that are adjoining when we were planning the trip. That was not the case….we were put into two separate rooms thankfully on the same floor but down and across the hall from each other.

That evening, our guide Lisa met us at the Kimpton Fitzroy for our welcome dinner. She was very professional, had a Disney name tag and filled us in on what to expect in London. My daughter has allergies to tree nuts so she took note and was very alert when any food was given to my daughter. We had a lovely dinner and we offered her a glass of wine- but she said that she was not able to drink while on a tour.

Day 2- Met our blue badge guide named Steve. He was an amazing wealth of knowledge and super engaging. They brought us to Windsor Castle, had afternoon tea, and Buckingham Palace. Both Lisa and Steve guided us through each location, got the van ready to transport us timely from location to location. We always knew where we were headed and what to expect. They used the whisper headsets so we could always hear every single detail- which we loved!

Day 3- Tower of London, Speed boat on the Thames was amazing, lunch at a pub, and Westminster Abby. Both Lisa and Steve were the best guides- always offering us water and checking on us if we needed anything. They would also slow down if we got into large crowds and try to maneuver us to quieter areas.

Day 4- Lisa prepped us for what to expect at the Train station. She also gave us a bag full of English treats to take with us on our trip. She talked each step of the way with us to prepare us to getting on and off the Eurostar smoothly. As soon as we scanned into the train, we were waving like we were saying goodbye to our mother- as she graciously took care of us so well. We were so happy with our London experience we could not wait to do the same in Paris!!!

The train was smooth and we got off to find our new guide Kristian. At first glance, he was rough around the edges, a bit scruffy, and not as welcoming. My kids even doubted that he was the guide as he did not have a Name tag or anything to distinguish that he was a real guide. He looks at our luggage and says “wow you have so much luggage you must be rich”. We thought it was odd but brushed it off. His accent was thick so we had to really listen to understand what he was saying. Once we got to Montmartre area, it was time for us to get off the bus. Unfortunately since we had all our luggage with us, some of us had to repack and take certain things with us. Kristian was annoyed as we weren’t ready to get off the bus and we had to go around again. If he had prompted us and given us a few minutes and tell us to be ready, we would have been.

We get off the bus and Kristian runs off and we are all trying to keep up with his pace. Once we get to Sacre-Coeur he just leads us through the busy areas not stopping or telling us anything. We basically did a quick walk through- no history or details of what we were seeing. He didn’t have the whisper headsets that we were accustomed to either.

After Sacre-Coeur we are led to Montmartre. Then he tells us to go explore- we weren’t comfortable exploring on our own so we told him he needed to come with us. He reluctantly walks us around- still not telling us much of anything. Next he walks us to the wine tasting at La Boheme. He leaves us there and says he will see us in one hour.

We are left in the restaurant trying to figure out my daughter’s tree nut allergy as all they give the kids are a chocolate soufflé. Keep in mind we just got off the train from London and have been walking so the kids are starving. We ask the restaurant if we can order off the menu as only the chocolate soufflés and the wine/cheese plates for the adults were included in the Disney tour package. The waiter says no we can not order anything else. We figured we were in France and people were a bit more impatient a rude-but this was shocking. My complaint here with Disney is why is there only a chocolate soufflé given to the kids? A cheese and cracker plate would have been much more appreciated and needed at the moment. We did give the kids our cheese and crackers off the adult plate but were also annoyed as this was a simple request!

An hour goes by and Kristian returns to take us to the bus. He walks quickly as we continue to try to keep up and are so thankful to finally check into the Paris Vendome hotel for the night. Since dinner is not included we went out for dinner on our own to reflect on the day. We decided to contact Disney that night to share the events of the day and to request for a new guide for the next three days. A manager named Mike calls me to say that they will contact the company they use (basically a 3rd party) and will get back to me. The 3rd party manager named Mickey calls me and says he will do his best to get us a new guide by the next afternoon. We were very grateful to hear this.

Day 5- Kristian meets us at the hotel walks us over to our CV2 car tour guides. They were amazing and we had the best times with our drivers that gave us some history as they drove us through the city. We had so much fun in the one hour compared to the rest of the time with Kristian. They drop us off at the Eiffel Tower and Kristian accompanies us to our Lunch at the Eiffel Tower. I was surprised that he was joining us for lunch as I thought it would just be our party. He drinks champagne and wine (which I thought was against the rules of being a tour guide. Our guide Lisa didn’t drink with us). He makes numerous comments regarding people with money and the impression is he doesn’t care for people who have money… he also comments on how the rich don’t have to pay taxes only poor and middle class. He talked about a mayor who he didn’t like but then ended up liking her because she tells everyone we don’t need tourism. Comments that “true Paris” people want they city to themselves and don’t like tourists. His overall demeanor is very unhappy and rude. Yes we are suppose to be enjoying the views of the Eiffel Tower but instead we get an earful of politics.

After lunch we do the chocolate making which the kids enjoyed (and we didn’t have Kristian there so it was enjoyable).

At this point I haven’t heard back from Disney about getting the new tour guide but since it was already the end of the day I figured I would hear from them soon. We have dinner on our own and I haven’t heard back from Disney so I called to leave a message again for the manager. Mike returns my call and says they are having a hard time finding a replacement guide last minute but will still try. He says he will talk to Kristian to correct his attitude. I told him that nothing will correct his attitude at this point. I understand but am hopeful at this point. I also include my travel agent at this point to keep her in the loop to see if she can also reach out on her end to Disney.

Day 6- Kristian meets us in the morning so at this point we knew we were stuck with him for at least another day. He takes us to Sainte-Chapelle. He leaves us to explore which is fine for us now- we are used to it. We would rather have him leave us alone then guide us at this point.

We get to the Louvre and he pulls out the whisper headsets. We were like why didn’t you use this the past few days? He said it wasn’t needed. We thought they were very much a necessity as we couldn’t hear what he was saying when he was racing in the streets of Paris with us lagging behind him! He also gets into an argument with a Louvre Museum Employee. I'm not sure what was said as they were speaking in french, but when I asked him he said that the Museum Employee was having a power trip and needed him to display his "guide badge" where they could see it. He had it hanging on a lanyard and supposedly he was suppose to have it pinned to his shirt so it could be seen easily. It was just an awkward situation.

In the evening I call Disney again but no response. My travel agent said she is now talking to a manager but she is on the west coast time so there’s a huge time difference and delay in getting information.

Day 7- Our last day of Paris and we can not wait to leave and never see Kristian again but unfortunately he shows up again. I had given Disney the benefit of a doubt to rectify this situation but they let the ball drop.

Kristian takes us to Versailles. He eats lunch with us at La Flotille and drinks wine. (Again!). For our farewell dinner I inquired why the location changed. He does not know why it changed from Laduree to Maison de L’Aubrac. I always like to know where we are eating so I can get a first look at the menu since my daughter has treenut allergies.

We get to the hotel to rest before dinner and I get a missed call from another Disney Manager named Michelle McIntyre. We return her phone call but only get her voicemail. It’s our last night so I wanted to get some sort of help from her and to the very end she let us down by not returning our call.

We get to Maison de L’Aubrac for dinner. For dessert my daughter orders a vanilla ice cream. The waiters are made aware of the allergy. When the dessert does come out- there are SPRINKLED NUTS on top of the ice cream. My daughter saw and rejected it right away. Where is Kristian? Sitting at the end drinking wine and chatting. The waiter was very sorry and knew he made a huge mistake. He genuinely apologized so I let it go.

Kristian was never once engaging to the kids. We booked an Adventures by Disney trip to get the experience of a guide that loves kids and Disney. He was none of these things. The amount of money we spent for the private tour was definitely not with it at all for our Paris adventure. We were disappointed, scolded at, and given attitude the entire time. He doesn’t give clear directions on what we are doing. He seems annoyed all of the time. He never checked any of the food before it was served to my daughter with nut allergies (Lisa our London guide ALWAYS double checked the food before it was presented to my daughter).

The next day we leave for Disneyland Paris we we couldn’t have been more happy! I get a TEXT MESSAGE- not even a phone call from Michelle the Disney manager. She apologies for not being able to do anything and that I should reach out to Guest Communications when I return home. I was hoping they could sprinkle some Magic for Disneyland Paris, but NOPE we got nothing. I had no idea that by booking a Private adventure by Disney we were paying more for less qualified 3rd party guide.

Are we disheartened by Disney? YES. Did I expect more? YES. Would we book another adventure? NO!!!

Last edited:
Wow. This report and another report about the "private tour" version have convinced me to only book normal ABD tours with actual Adventure Guides, not these private tour versions.

Adventure Guides don't drink while on duty and they are very good about handling dietary restrictions.

These private tours don't seem to use actual Adventure Guides, and the guides are the biggest reason to pay so much for an ABD trip.

Just wow. And yes, I'd expect the private tours to be all the regular ABD is and more. These last two trip reports sound like they are solidly less. At that point, just call yourself a travel agent and take the ABD name off of it. I'm sorry you had such a disappointing trip.

That is absolutely horrible- I don't blame you for never wanting to do another one. If that was my experience, I'd feel the same way

Absolutely horrid and honestly unacceptable. Have they offered you anything in the way of compensation for their failure to provide a decent experience in Paris?

Sayhello

Wow. This report and another report about the "private tour" version have convinced me to only book normal ABD tours with actual Adventure Guides, not these private tour versions.

Adventure Guides don't drink while on duty and they are very good about handling dietary restrictions.

These private tours don't seem to use actual Adventure Guides, and the guides are the biggest reason to pay so much for an ABD trip.
I don’t think AbD offers the private adventures any more, as that option is no longer on the website.

I seem to recall seeing some comments on this forum, when private tours were first introduced, where the private adventures would use mostly local guides.

I don’t think AbD offers the private adventures any more, as that option is no longer on the website.

I seem to recall seeing some comments on this forum, when private tours were first introduced, where the private adventures would use mostly local guides.
The discussion (and the input from ABD) when the private trips were first introduced was that they would be local guides, but they would be "ABD Trained". This Kristian does *not* sound like he had any ABD training, and was just hired through a 3rd party company. The same sounded true for the private New Zealand trip that was reported on earlier.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/abd-announces-private-adventures-for-5-countries.3816305/

Sayhello

This is pretty shocking, and I"m so sorry to hear about your disappointing trip (or at least the second half). For ABD not to address this and essentially ghost you while you are taking precious vacation time to deal with a poor situation is ridiculous. I hope there are execs still reading this thread and appropriate actions are taken against the people who "helped" you. The more things like this I read--not just the bad experience but the lack of customer service--makes me think I will probably not do another ABD. That's sad since I used to be one of the biggest cheerleaders around here, and we've had some wonderful trips with them.

With the amount "extra" these trips cost, I think it's nuts that they don't have actual ABD guides working. I recall looking into one of these seriously when they first came out and I assumed they were legit ABD guides--of course they would be, isn't that what we're paying for? I guess it just became too expensive (i.e. not enough profit) for them to really do up the private experiences. I actually think they might have been successful if they'd upped the VIP part and really made them special. Word of mouth would have spread and then they could have done their inevitable paring away. But I would have kept legit ABD guides as part of the product always.

Yes I just heard they are discontinuing the private adventures.....I guess they were banking on a higher profit margin with these "local" guides that didn't deliver.

First off, sorry that this happened to you. I can see why you are disappointed especially at the great cost of these trips and the time we take out of work to go on these long trips. There seems to be a real disconnect between the booking side and at the actual trip side. It's as if booking with ABD purchases a trip that is run buy another set of people or local vendors. Then there are the guides who are then a 3rd party. And this is where all the problems occurs when there is a problem with a trip such as what you experienced, changes in itinerary, guide issues, etc. There is not one person that seems to be able to solve the problem. I wonder how the system really works?

No matter how much I try to make requests for adjoining or connecting rooms, my request is hit or miss or a chance of luck. When I talk to the actual guides on the trip, it is as if they don't get that request although they know that families would like to be together. I normally get only half of our preference of room location. I feel like I can do a better job when I book myself in getting the room locations we need. We have been in ABD hotel situations where we were in an entirely different floor, several floors in fact, which made that stay extremely difficult in communicating.

I've had excellent and terrible ABD trips. I wish there was a place we can rate and review the trips.

We are exploring and considering a 2024 AbD London - Paris adults exclusive trip, and are seriously reconsidering based on some of the recent comments. Sorry that OP had this experience; I would feel let down, too--on many levels. Would expect much better from Disney; especially at the premium you're paying. Appreciate all those who are sharing their experiences here!

We are exploring and considering a 2024 AbD London - Paris adults exclusive trip, and are seriously reconsidering based on some of the recent comments. Sorry that OP had this experience; I would feel let down, too--on many levels. Would expect much better from Disney; especially at the premium you're paying. Appreciate all those who are sharing their experiences here!
I just wanted to make sure you understood that this particular situation in this thread is for a Private trip only. This issue with the Guides coming from 3rd party vendors is strictly for the Private trips.

However, the issues with the ABD back offices and their management *is* turning out to be more & more common even with the non-private trips. The trips themselves (under the control of the Adventure Guides) tend to turn out wonderful once you get there, but it's everything involved in getting to that point that keeps getting suckier.

Sayhello

We are now home and wanted to do a thorough review of our Adventures by Disney Private Adventure to London and Paris. We were two families- 4 adults and 4 kids.
We built in a pre-day to do the Harry Potter Studio tours and it was well worth it! A must do if you are a fan. We purchased tickets in advanced and used ATN cars for transportation to the studios and back to the hotel.

Day 1- Hotel Check-in Kimpton Fitzroy- We were told by our travel agent that we would be able to get rooms that are adjoining when we were planning the trip. That was not the case….we were put into two separate rooms thankfully on the same floor but down and across the hall from each other.

That evening, our guide Lisa met us at the Kimpton Fitzroy for our welcome dinner. She was very professional, had a Disney name tag and filled us in on what to expect in London. My daughter has allergies to tree nuts so she took note and was very alert when any food was given to my daughter. We had a lovely dinner and we offered her a glass of wine- but she said that she was not able to drink while on a tour.

Day 2- Met our blue badge guide named Steve. He was an amazing wealth of knowledge and super engaging. They brought us to Windsor Castle, had afternoon tea, and Buckingham Palace. Both Lisa and Steve guided us through each location, got the van ready to transport us timely from location to location. We always knew where we were headed and what to expect. They used the whisper headsets so we could always hear every single detail- which we loved!

Day 3- Tower of London, Speed boat on the Thames was amazing, lunch at a pub, and Westminster Abby. Both Lisa and Steve were the best guides- always offering us water and checking on us if we needed anything. They would also slow down if we got into large crowds and try to maneuver us to quieter areas.

Day 4- Lisa prepped us for what to expect at the Train station. She also gave us a bag full of English treats to take with us on our trip. She talked each step of the way with us to prepare us to getting on and off the Eurostar smoothly. As soon as we scanned into the train, we were waving like we were saying goodbye to our mother- as she graciously took care of us so well. We were so happy with our London experience we could not wait to do the same in Paris!!!

The train was smooth and we got off to find our new guide Kristian. At first glance, he was rough around the edges, a bit scruffy, and not as welcoming. My kids even doubted that he was the guide as he did not have a Name tag or anything to distinguish that he was a real guide. He looks at our luggage and says “wow you have so much luggage you must be rich”. We thought it was odd but brushed it off. His accent was thick so we had to really listen to understand what he was saying. Once we got to Montmartre area, it was time for us to get off the bus. Unfortunately since we had all our luggage with us, some of us had to repack and take certain things with us. Kristian was annoyed as we weren’t ready to get off the bus and we had to go around again. If he had prompted us and given us a few minutes and tell us to be ready, we would have been.

We get off the bus and Kristian runs off and we are all trying to keep up with his pace. Once we get to Sacre-Coeur he just leads us through the busy areas not stopping or telling us anything. We basically did a quick walk through- no history or details of what we were seeing. He didn’t have the whisper headsets that we were accustomed to either.

After Sacre-Coeur we are led to Montmartre. Then he tells us to go explore- we weren’t comfortable exploring on our own so we told him he needed to come with us. He reluctantly walks us around- still not telling us much of anything. Next he walks us to the wine tasting at La Boheme. He leaves us there and says he will see us in one hour.

We are left in the restaurant trying to figure out my daughter’s tree nut allergy as all they give the kids are a chocolate soufflé. Keep in mind we just got off the train from London and have been walking so the kids are starving. We ask the restaurant if we can order off the menu as only the chocolate soufflés and the wine/cheese plates for the adults were included in the Disney tour package. The waiter says no we can not order anything else. We figured we were in France and people were a bit more impatient a rude-but this was shocking. My complaint here with Disney is why is there only a chocolate soufflé given to the kids? A cheese and cracker plate would have been much more appreciated and needed at the moment. We did give the kids our cheese and crackers off the adult plate but were also annoyed as this was a simple request!

An hour goes by and Kristian returns to take us to the bus. He walks quickly as we continue to try to keep up and are so thankful to finally check into the Paris Vendome hotel for the night. Since dinner is not included we went out for dinner on our own to reflect on the day. We decided to contact Disney that night to share the events of the day and to request for a new guide for the next three days. A manager named Mike calls me to say that they will contact the company they use (basically a 3rd party) and will get back to me. The 3rd party manager named Mickey calls me and says he will do his best to get us a new guide by the next afternoon. We were very grateful to hear this.

Day 5- Kristian meets us at the hotel walks us over to our CV2 car tour guides. They were amazing and we had the best times with our drivers that gave us some history as they drove us through the city. We had so much fun in the one hour compared to the rest of the time with Kristian. They drop us off at the Eiffel Tower and Kristian accompanies us to our Lunch at the Eiffel Tower. I was surprised that he was joining us for lunch as I thought it would just be our party. He drinks champagne and wine (which I thought was against the rules of being a tour guide. Our guide Lisa didn’t drink with us). He makes numerous comments regarding people with money and the impression is he doesn’t care for people who have money… he also comments on how the rich don’t have to pay taxes only poor and middle class. He talked about a mayor who he didn’t like but then ended up liking her because she tells everyone we don’t need tourism. Comments that “true Paris” people want they city to themselves and don’t like tourists. His overall demeanor is very unhappy and rude. Yes we are suppose to be enjoying the views of the Eiffel Tower but instead we get an earful of politics.

After lunch we do the chocolate making which the kids enjoyed (and we didn’t have Kristian there so it was enjoyable).

At this point I haven’t heard back from Disney about getting the new tour guide but since it was already the end of the day I figured I would hear from them soon. We have dinner on our own and I haven’t heard back from Disney so I called to leave a message again for the manager. Mike returns my call and says they are having a hard time finding a replacement guide last minute but will still try. He says he will talk to Kristian to correct his attitude. I told him that nothing will correct his attitude at this point. I understand but am hopeful at this point. I also include my travel agent at this point to keep her in the loop to see if she can also reach out on her end to Disney.

Day 6- Kristian meets us in the morning so at this point we knew we were stuck with him for at least another day. He takes us to Sainte-Chapelle. He leaves us to explore which is fine for us now- we are used to it. We would rather have him leave us alone then guide us at this point.

We get to the Louvre and he pulls out the whisper headsets. We were like why didn’t you use this the past few days? He said it wasn’t needed. We thought they were very much a necessity as we couldn’t hear what he was saying when he was racing in the streets of Paris with us lagging behind him! He also gets into an argument with a Louvre Museum Employee. I'm not sure what was said as they were speaking in french, but when I asked him he said that the Museum Employee was having a power trip and needed him to display his "guide badge" where they could see it. He had it hanging on a lanyard and supposedly he was suppose to have it pinned to his shirt so it could be seen easily. It was just an awkward situation.

In the evening I call Disney again but no response. My travel agent said she is now talking to a manager but she is on the west coast time so there’s a huge time difference and delay in getting information.

Day 7- Our last day of Paris and we can not wait to leave and never see Kristian again but unfortunately he shows up again. I had given Disney the benefit of a doubt to rectify this situation but they let the ball drop.

Kristian takes us to Versailles. He eats lunch with us at La Flotille and drinks wine. (Again!). For our farewell dinner I inquired why the location changed. He does not know why it changed from Laduree to Maison de L’Aubrac. I always like to know where we are eating so I can get a first look at the menu since my daughter has treenut allergies.

We get to the hotel to rest before dinner and I get a missed call from another Disney Manager named Michelle McIntyre. We return her phone call but only get her voicemail. It’s our last night so I wanted to get some sort of help from her and to the very end she let us down by not returning our call.

We get to Maison de L’Aubrac for dinner. For dessert my daughter orders a vanilla ice cream. The waiters are made aware of the allergy. When the dessert does come out- there are SPRINKLED NUTS on top of the ice cream. My daughter saw and rejected it right away. Where is Kristian? Sitting at the end drinking wine and chatting. The waiter was very sorry and knew he made a huge mistake. He genuinely apologized so I let it go.

Kristian was never once engaging to the kids. We booked an Adventures by Disney trip to get the experience of a guide that loves kids and Disney. He was none of these things. The amount of money we spent for the private tour was definitely not with it at all for our Paris adventure. We were disappointed, scolded at, and given attitude the entire time. He doesn’t give clear directions on what we are doing. He seems annoyed all of the time. He never checked any of the food before it was served to my daughter with nut allergies (Lisa our London guide ALWAYS double checked the food before it was presented to my daughter).

The next day we leave for Disneyland Paris we we couldn’t have been more happy! I get a TEXT MESSAGE- not even a phone call from Michelle the Disney manager. She apologies for not being able to do anything and that I should reach out to Guest Communications when I return home. I was hoping they could sprinkle some Magic for Disneyland Paris, but NOPE we got nothing. I had no idea that by booking a Private adventure by Disney we were paying more for less qualified 3rd party guide.

Are we disheartened by Disney? YES. Did I expect more? YES. Would we book another adventure? NO!!!
Some of these recent trip reports I've been reading have convinced me never to do ABD and just go it alone. I hope that Kristian didn't spoil you on Paris though. It's a marvellous city. My wife and I honeymooned there and had a magical experience (in all fairness, I do speak French, but it's not necessary).

We will be going on this private adventure soon so this is very unnerving to hear. We’ve already resigned that if we meet Kristian we will try to do our best. I’m wondering if with the struggles France is having at the moment if they couldn’t find anyone to take his place. That would at least seem like a somewhat acceptable excuse given the turmoil there at this time. That said we will never know since Disney didn’t seem to attempt to rectify the situation. That is beyond not good.

Do you have any recommendations of where you ate or what you enjoyed in spite of him? I’m a little worried about how much free time we seem to have in the evenings. We are used to the regular abd adventures and them being so jam packed that we fall into bed each night exhausted.

It wouldn’t be great to be scrambling to find something to do each night because we were just let loose without abd recommendations. We have a group of 9 so I’m guessing dinner reservations etc could be a challenge. In the past our guides would just take care of it all a day ahead and we’d be set. We can always fall back on the hotel for that I suppose but it seems risky . 🤷🏼‍♀️

I just wanted to make sure you understood that this particular situation in this thread is for a Private trip only. This issue with the Guides coming from 3rd party vendors is strictly for the Private trips.

Totally understand that; but the lack of a sense of urgency from AbD in responding to your concerns is disappointing.

Totally understand that; but the lack of a sense of urgency from AbD in responding to your concerns is disappointing.
That is very true!

We will be going on this private adventure soon so this is very unnerving to hear. We’ve already resigned that if we meet Kristian we will try to do our best. I’m wondering if with the struggles France is having at the moment if they couldn’t find anyone to take his place. That would at least seem like a somewhat acceptable excuse given the turmoil there at this time. That said we will never know since Disney didn’t seem to attempt to rectify the situation. That is beyond not good.

Do you have any recommendations of where you ate or what you enjoyed in spite of him? I’m a little worried about how much free time we seem to have in the evenings. We are used to the regular abd adventures and them being so jam packed that we fall into bed each night exhausted.

It wouldn’t be great to be scrambling to find something to do each night because we were just let loose without abd recommendations. We have a group of 9 so I’m guessing dinner reservations etc could be a challenge. In the past our guides would just take care of it all a day ahead and we’d be set. We can always fall back on the hotel for that I suppose but it seems risky . 🤷🏼‍♀️
I don't know if this will do any good, but maybe you could contact ABD now and tell them that Kristian is unacceptable to you and suggest that they start working to find you a different guide now? And see what they say? I imagine it would be somewhat easier in advance rather than once you're already in Paris?

Sayhello

Some of these recent trip reports I've been reading have convinced me never to do ABD and just go it alone. I hope that Kristian didn't spoil you on Paris though. It's a marvellous city. My wife and I honeymooned there and had a magical experience (in all fairness, I do speak French, but it's not necessary).
We've been to Paris before but this was the first time taking the kids with us. This trip was for them to explore, learn and have fun. I guess a good thing was that all of our dinners were on our own at night (except the farewell dinner) so we definitely had our own time to do what we wanted at our own pace.

We could have had a better time without the local guide!

I roll my eyes at a lot of Disney complaints or perceived issues. But this one is really bad. Really disappointed to hear no response at all to very legit complaints. Except the glass of wine. I'm meh on that one, but I don't think Disney would be.
I just mentioned the wine because our London guide informed us that it was a Disney rule that guides were not suppose to drink while on a tour. So we were surprised that our Paris guide was not adhering to any of the rules it seemed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter