• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private Fireworks Cruise

What kind of clothing would you recommend wearing? I'm thinking it may get a little cool on the water

What kind of clothing would you recommend wearing? I'm thinking it may get a little cool on the water
They provide blankets - it was about 50 when we went last week. We needed pants and sweatshirts.

We are trying to decide between the Epcot & MK cruise. We will be staying at the Boardwalk, so convenience may win, but we rarely watch the MK fireworks because I dislike being squished in with the masses of people :eek: :laughing: so I thought the family might enjoy the MK cruise more...

Are there any discounts on the specialty cruises (AP, DVC,...)?
I suggest Epcot. I have done both. With MK's show involving many projections on the castle, and not really visible from out in the lake, Epcot will give you a more 'complete' show.

I suggest Epcot. I have done both. With MK's show involving many projections on the castle, and not really visible from out in the lake, Epcot will give you a more 'complete' show.

That's the way we are leaning, but mostly for the convenience from the Boardwalk.

I guess I might have to bite the bullet and splurge on the MK fireworks dessert party. We're such not huge dessert people...

We are trying to decide between the Epcot & MK cruise. We will be staying at the Boardwalk, so convenience may win, but we rarely watch the MK fireworks because I dislike being squished in with the masses of people :eek: :laughing: so I thought the family might enjoy the MK cruise more...

Are there any discounts on the specialty cruises (AP, DVC,...)

It sounds like you have decided on the Boardwalk/Epcot - which also sounds great - but chiming in to say we took a private fireworks cruise from the Contemporary in mid-November. Our captain was great, very friendly and chatty and personable with lots of stories about the area and its history. The cruise takes you all over Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon - we cruised over to the Poly, the Grand Floridian and the Wilderness Lodge. He also showed us Discovery Island, Shipwreck Island and the tree where former boat cast members throw their shoes when they leave. After the fireworks, we stayed on the water for the Electrical Water Parade. The night was somewhat overcast so the fireworks were a bit obscured but that made it somehow even more magical with clouds lit by the glowing light. We had an amazing time. You do miss being close enough to see the projections, but I highly recommend the experience.

It sounds like you have decided on the Boardwalk/Epcot - which also sounds great - but chiming in to say we took a private fireworks cruise from the Contemporary in mid-November. Our captain was great, very friendly and chatty and personable with lots of stories about the area and its history. The cruise takes you all over Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon - we cruised over to the Poly, the Grand Floridian and the Wilderness Lodge. He also showed us Discovery Island, Shipwreck Island and the tree where former boat cast members throw their shoes when they leave. After the fireworks, we stayed on the water for the Electrical Water Parade. The night was somewhat overcast so the fireworks were a bit obscured but that made it somehow even more magical with clouds lit by the glowing light. We had an amazing time. You do miss being close enough to see the projections, but I highly recommend the experience.
I agree with all that also. The MK boat does give you more sights than the Epcot one.

Does anyone have any insights on taking a bus to MK from YC/BC after the EPCOT cruise? Are buses to MK running at that time? Considering the cruise but staying at Bay Lake Tower. Not interested in the MK cruise.

Does anyone have any insights on taking a bus to MK from YC/BC after the EPCOT cruise? Are buses to MK running at that time? Considering the cruise but staying at Bay Lake Tower. Not interested in the MK cruise.
Yes, they are still running.

I know this is an old-ish thread but the MK fireworks cruise was the best money we spent on our 2021 trip. There were 7 of us so it was cheaper per person than the parties and public cruises. And with one child sensitive to loud noises we were far enough away that the fireworks didn't make him anxious. It was my DD's 3rd birthday and the boat was outfitted with a happy birthday banner...a group on a nearby boat were also celebrating and were yelling happy birthday wishes which made my daughter giddy.
Our captain was wonderful bringing us all around the lagoon before hand. After the fireworks were over we zoomed to the other side of the lagoon and watched the water pagent up close.
We docked at GF and by the time we got back to MK after the busses were still running but most of the crowds were gone so no issues returning to CBR and Riveira.
Snacks and soft drinks were provided and we were able to take what we didn't eat with us to enjoy later. Hoping to repeat the cruise on our next trip.

Anyone have any experience with wheelchairs or EVC's getting on the boat? I have a friend who uses a wheelchair for her everyday and my sister will be just getting over foot surgery and will still require an EVC. My friend in the wheelchair can lift herself out of the chair and transfer but wasn't sure about that on a boat dock?

Anyone have any experience with wheelchairs or EVC's getting on the boat? I have a friend who uses a wheelchair for her everyday and my sister will be just getting over foot surgery and will still require an EVC. My friend in the wheelchair can lift herself out of the chair and transfer but wasn't sure about that on a boat dock?
I would strongly suggest that they each call (407) WDW-PLAY and discuss their specific needs.

What snacks do they provide on the MK boat? TIA!
In 2021 we had water and soda cans.
Trail mix, assorted chips, I feel like there may have been cookies too. All the pre-packaged stuff you would find at the gift shops. Some disney specific. Nothing earth shattering but definitely a good assortment, enough for the 7 of us plus a couple bags we brought back to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter