Private messages

What are you talking about? I didn't get any "safe" download in order to receive PM's. What browser are you using? That would worry me.

Sayhello

Someone else posted this same question. You should NOT have to download anything to receive your PMs. Note that PMs (messages) are now called "Conversations" and if you have a new one it should be noted with a little red flag above Inbox next to your username in the dark blue bar near the top. Click the Inbox and it will open your conversations. I don't advise downloading anything.

Be careful! OP, I think what you are seeing is an ad. Not a notice that you truly have new messages on DIS. Does it look like a white envelope with a red circle and exclamation point? Next to that says "View New Messages" and further to the right is an open envelope with an airplane on top of it and InboxNow?

It's an ad. NOT specific to DISboard messages.

I think you can ignore it. I got the same ad, but did not download it, and I can still see my old private messages under "conversations".

To avoid adding another thread I'll join in here since the thread title is right :)

I'm having trouble locating how to delete a PM. I can check the checkbox but looking all around I don't see a delete button.

I coulda-shoulda cleaned out my messages before the move!

To avoid adding another thread I'll join in here since the thread title is right :)

I'm having trouble locating how to delete a PM. I can check the checkbox but looking all around I don't see a delete button.

I coulda-shoulda cleaned out my messages before the move!

I think I've found it...

Open the message
Near the top click "Leave Conversation"
A pop-up will appear which indicates "Leaving a conversation will remove it from your conversation list" and gives you 2 options to either Accept Future Message or Ignore Future Messages

I'm having trouble locating how to delete a PM

When you select the check box next to the thread, you'll see a dialog box open - you need to select "Leave conversation' to remove it from your inbox. I know, it's a bizarre term - but it has the same effect as deleting the conversation.

When you select the check box next to the thread, you'll see a dialog box open - you need to select "Leave conversation' to remove it from your inbox. I know, it's a bizarre term - but it has the same effect as deleting the conversation.

True dat!

Thanks much. I'll go clean up after myself now.
walk.gif

I think you can ignore it. I got the same ad, but did not download it, and I can still see my old private messages under "conversations".
VERY confusing especially that many of us are still looking for Private messages and not "conversations"---

VERY confusing especially that many of us are still looking for Private messages and not "conversations"---
A link at the top by your name is 'Inbox' and that's a quick way to your PM/Conversations.

Thanks for the help on deleting. I decided to go see what my oldest message was and noticed that when IN a message the 'leave conversation' is a link at the top of the message.

Where are all the saved PMs from the past. I had about 10 or so and don't see them now

When you "leave conversation" and it basically deletes it from the list, can you do this with the first message, and it won't remove any subsequent replies?

I think I've found it...

Open the message
Near the top click "Leave Conversation"
A pop-up will appear which indicates "Leaving a conversation will remove it from your conversation list" and gives you 2 options to either Accept Future Message or Ignore Future Messages

Do I want to "accept" or "ignore"?

Yes. Just mentally replace that phrase with 'Delete this message' because that's what it does.

However it gives you the option to not receive any further messages "in that conversation" so it's like "Delete this message on a power trip" :-)

When you "leave conversation" and it basically deletes it from the list, can you do this with the first message, and it won't remove any subsequent replies?

For older messages, carried over from the old boards, you will need to delete each one.

The new "Conversations" now appear like threads with replies included on the same thread as the original message. If you delete one of the newer conversations, it appears to remove the whole thing. You do get the option to Accept Future Messages which should mean you'll continue to get any new responses. I don't believe it's possible to delete parts of a Conversation.

I don't believe it's possible to delete parts of a Conversation.
I did. Is it because they're all old PMs and don't contain 'conversation' ID information?

I have.....deleted the ones that were in there, but in another folder on the old board I had saved some older ones. I can't find those.
I don't find folders in my conversations/inbox. I didn't have them on vbullitan either, so I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter