Problem with Tiffany Towncar

cvan87

Earning My Ears
I called TTC several days before our arrival last week to see if we could get a pickup at the airport and return transportation at the end of our trip. I gave them all my flight and hotel info and was assured that a driver would be at baggage claim at MCO to meet us and would have a sign with our name on it. When we arrived at baggage claim there was no driver for us there. I thought maybe he or she was just late so we waited a good 20 minutes and still no driver. I called TTC's phone number and got an answering machine stating that all of their reps were taking calls and to leave my name and number and they woulc return my call as soon as possible. I gave them our cell phone number hoping that someone would contact us. We decided to go ahead and walk towards the taxis since we weren't sure what other options we had to get to our hotel. We finally had to take a cab since we didn't hear back from Tiffany Towncar. No one ever returned our call. I know it is a busy time of year in Orlando but this was horrible (or should I say nonexistent) customer service. I was very disappointed because I had read numerous good things about them on this and other message boards. Everything worked out ok for us - We even had a great cab driver that stopped at the store for us for no extra charge but I am curious if anyone else has experienced problems with Tiffany Towncar.

Sorry you had that experience.

I'm using Happy Limo for Feb. and when I got my email confirmations from them they stated that they could no longer meet in baggage claim (for some arrivals) and they have clearly instructed us to phone them on their toll free line when we arrive in baggage claim, they will then radio to our driver who will be waiting for us at the airport and he/she will bring the car around to pick us up (will take 5 min. they say). They said these changes are due to new security measures at MCO. I wonder if this affects all the town car companies. (?)

In any case, TTC should have answered the phone when you called and at least called you back ASAP. So sorry you had to start your trip off that way.

cvan87
Sorry to hear about your transportation problems!
And to Puffy2 some one is pulling your leg. All Transportation Co. and drivers CAN meet at baggage Claim area. Remember to Support all your Sponsors!! ºoº ºoº ºoº

http://www.Yourride.net :wave:

We just returned from WDW 4 days ago and used Tiffany Towncar and they were wonderful. We flew out of MCO on Christmas day and had no problems with being picked up by Tiffany at our WDW resort, they were even 15 minutes early. Both our drivers--Greg was our driver when we arrived and he was wonderfu and then on our return trip to the airport we had Jr and he was even teaching me a few words in Portuguese--he was also very nice. We have used Tiffany many times and they have always been great. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I am surprised since they have always been so good when we have used them.
BTW, the towncar drivers can meet you at luggage claim but they can no longer park the towncar outside of the door at luggage claim. They must now park in a parking lot and after they meet you at luggage claim and help you with your luggage they will leave you out front with your luggage for about 10 minutes while they go and get the car. Greg was telling me about this new change on our way to WDW. It is really no big hassle it just takes about 10 minutes longer, but after just getting off the plane we found it nice to have a few minutes to stretch our legs before sitting in a car for 30 minutes.

We have done well with Tiffany too. I've always been able to get through on the phone, when making reservations and confirming. It sounds as if it was a freak situation. If you plan on going again soon, you might want to call and see if they can make reparations.

as far as the parking security situation, the driver can either meet you at baggage and then have you wait while they retrieve the car and pick you up OR you can call some companies upon arrival and they will pull up out front when you come out with your baggage (like a shuttle)

We used TTC the last time we were there (Nov 99). The driver (Mohammed ?sp?) was very nice, overall the service was outstanding.

On a prior trip (Nov 95), I rented a car from National for 2 days (check-in day and check-out day) trying to avoid the shuttle bus (prior to giving TTC a try). I will NEVER go that route again. While National has (had?) a location at MK, the service was terrible, and the "turnaround time" was horrendous.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. We used TTC on our trip this past November and the service was great. I called before we left to confirm because we were being picked up at an airport hotel rather than the airport but had no problems. JR picked us up and we had a woman driver on the way back. This is my second trip using TTC and I would recommend them to anyone.

We are using Happy Limo again in a couple of weeks, and I got a letter stating that the driver may or may not be at baggage claim, depending on the parking situation. Apparently the lot for the towncars & limos is quite small, so they cannot always find a parking spot. If they do, they come inside to baggage claim. If not, it says to call and they will bring the car around. They have always given us excellent service, so I am expecting things to go smoothly, as always. In my opinion, a towncar service should let you wait on hold rather than take a message. If you are calling from the airport and need an immediate answer, you DON'T want to leave a message!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We also had a problem with them this past November. TTc picked us up with no problems and we had great service going to the hotel. The day before we left I called and confirmed our pick up time. (even though we were told we didn't have to) our pick up time was noon for a 2:30 flight. noon came and went at 12:30 I called they were having some problems and were on there way. 1pm still no one, called again on there way sorry for the delay. Just as SOG got us in a cab here comes the car. As we had allready paid for it we took ttc however not once did the driver say sorry or even introduce herself and durring the ride she was on her car phone (not speaking english, I found this very rude) her only comment when we got to the airport was you'd better run if your going to meet your flight. Which we just barley made. I emailed them upon our return but never heard a word. I would never recomend them. Is it because the trip was paid for up front?? the bell hop at SOG said this wasn't the first time as we were waiting.

There is an individual on this board who registers for the sole purpose of bashing TTC, does not give an address, and usually has less than 5 posts. This happens every couple of months. Ignore him.

I can assure you that I posted a legitimate complaint- I travelled to WDW for my first time along with my husband and two kids last week and reserved transportation from Tiffany Towncar based on all the good comments that I read on this board and others. It was very frustrating to arrive on an 11:30pm flight with 2 young children to find that the transportation we had reserved was nowhere to be found. I am not trying to bash the company or tell people not to use them-I am just sharing my personal experience. I got alot of very useful info from many different discussion boards prior to our trip which I am very grateful for. But based on our own experience with TTC I would not try them again. I'm just really glad they didn't ask for any payment up front! Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with TTC. I hope that you call Debbie, the manager, and talk with her about it. Obviously, whoever took the original reservation didn't follow through on it.

We used them in November, but I did call several times to confirm our pick-ups to make sure that everything was in order. We were very pleased with the service. They were a few minutes (only 5) late picking us up at CR, but he apologized more than once and explained that they had 100 families coming into Orlando that day.

Hope you had a nice trip.
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter