Problems with charging on room card

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
I wish that I felt comfortable charging on the room card as it does seem the easiest way to go. However, I seem to remember that some others had posted that they noticed charges on their room cards that they didn't actually make:mad: Even though they were able to straighten this out it takes time and patience and the necessity of checking your charges everyday to keep track of the reliability of the charges.Have many of you been charged for purchases you didn't really make? I hope not, then maybe I'll feel comfortable using the room card:cool:

We've used our room charge card almost exclusively for all of our on-site trips (7 so far) and we have never had one single charge appear that we didn't make. We always get a print out of the charges (all umpteen pages) on the night before we leave and there are never any problems. It's definately the easiest way to go, and I won't hesitate to do the same again next time.

We have been using our room key for charges for 15+ years and have never had a charge that we didn't make. I always keep all receipts and check against our charges, but have never had a problem!

My fear is losing the card and having someone rack up charges.

When you use the room card to make a charge do you have to show a picture ID? How do they know the card is yours?

We use the room charge every time we go and have never had a problem with being charged for anything we didn't buy. You can request a print out of your bill at any time as many times as you want during your stay. I kept all of my receipts and checked my bill and it was always fine. I returned something once it it was off our bill immediately. I don't think I ever had to show an id to use my card, we just presented it like a credit card.

I've never had that problem, but I'd much rather have it when charging purchases to my room key instead of a regular credit card. If it happened on a regular credit card, you wouldn't know until you got home that the charges were wrong, and it would be a hassle to dispute them. If it happens on your room key, you can get it fixed right away.

Everytime I have ever used my room key to charge, I have been asked for picture ID. I like the convienience and the ability to check my purchases before I leave. They are always detailed and correct.

Have no fear, Disney has perfected this one!

Sam

Once I was introduced to the room charge there has been no turning back (unless I want to charge something that I don't want my wife to see) but...I have never had a problem and as mention before, you can check you charges anytime. I keep all my receipts in an envelope in the room and match them up a day or two before we leave and then once again at check out.

For ID, maybe you can write on the back "Please ask for ID", this may help if the card get lost or misplaced.

Have a magical time, we always do. :wave:

"Everytime I have ever used my room key to charge, I have been asked for picture ID."

That's really wierd because we have used our room cards pretty much exclusively on 9 trips, and I don't think we have ever once been asked to show a picture ID. I've always felt very safe using the resort card to charge, but nobody ever asks us for an ID. Still, I think it's totally safe and really convenient.

If I were using a small fannie pack or small purse, as I usually do, I don't know if I would have a picture ID with me. Good to know, as I will remember to carry one if I decide to use the room key to charge, which I may do now that I have read so many positive posts. Thanks once again Dis friends:)

I really like the room charge and have not had a problem with it during my trips. It is so much easier than having to carry cash or risk loosing your own credit card in the parks while using it, especially if you need to get home on it or at least have it as a backup.

3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly
7-02 WL
Dec FW

I really like the room charge and have not had a problem with it during my trips. It is so much easier than having to carry cash or risk loosing your own credit card in the parks while using it, especially if you need to get home on it or at least have it as a backup.

3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly
7-02 WL
Dec FW

If you want to check out what has been charged to your resort card do you need to get a print out from the front desk or can you get that option from your TV in your hotel room as part of guest services?

No problems with using resort key for charges in the parks and I don't recall being asked for ID.

The only problems we did have on hotel billings were phone calls being charged to us that we did not make! Housekeeping made calls I guess. Hotel (POR) promptly removed charges w/no questions asked.

Originally posted by GEM
"Everytime I have ever used my room key to charge, I have been asked for picture ID."

That's really wierd because we have used our room cards pretty much exclusively on 9 trips, and I don't think we have ever once been asked to show a picture ID.

If you sign the back, they never ask for ID, (And, they always compare signatures). If you don't sign the back, they ALWAYS ask for ID.

Originally posted by karensi
I wish that I felt comfortable charging on the room card as it does seem the easiest way to go. However, I seem to remember that some others had posted that they noticed charges on their room cards that they didn't actually make:mad: Even though they were able to straighten this out it takes time and patience and the necessity of checking your charges everyday to keep track of the reliability of the charges.Have many of you been charged for purchases you didn't really make? I hope not, then maybe I'll feel comfortable using the room card:cool:

Hi,

We always use the charge back to the room option and have never had a problem with it. Usually about half way through our trip(tend to stay 10days or so) we will get a copy of our bill on our way to our room for the night. I will give it a check. Then on the night before we are scheduled to check out I will also get a copy of what was charged to our room on our way up for the night and give it one final check.

We stayed at the Dolphin this past trip in Aug and you are able to check your bill using your televison and I thought that was a great feature. You are also able to check out and do a guest survey using the TV. I wish Disney would add this feature to their resorts.

Go ahead charge back to your room and don't worry.

Originally posted by tripben
Everytime I have ever used my room key to charge, I have been asked for picture ID. I like the convienience and the ability to check my purchases before I leave. They are always detailed and correct.

Have no fear, Disney has perfected this one!

Sam

That's strange. I've used mine on all my WDW trips and have never been asked for any other ID. I've bought things from snacks at Pecos Bills to an expensive Hummel in Germany and nobody questioned that it was my card. I hope they don't start asking either as I don't carry any picture IDs while in the parks. All I bring is enough cash for the day and my room card. I leave my drivers license back at the hotel.

Originally posted by Bob NC
If you sign the back, they never ask for ID, (And, they always compare signatures). If you don't sign the back, they ALWAYS ask for ID.

On my last trip I forgot to sign the back of the card. I was at a store in Epcot and handed the clerk the card to charge something. He handed it back to me and said I forgot to sign it. He handed me a pen, I signed, and he took it. Never once asked for idea. I think that situation depends on the CM.

Going with DD. If she wants to use the room key charge option would we both have to sign our own names on the back of our own key card?I'm sure there is a way to do it that 2 people can use the same room card to charge. Never thought that it would be a problem for more than one person to use it until I read about being asked for ID or for signatures:confused:

Yes, each person signs their own key. DH and I always look to make sure we have the right key when we split up to go buy things. We've usually had the CMs tell us to sign them during check in, but I guess from reading the posts here that that doesn't always happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter