Proof of residency?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
I live in Florida 7 months and Michigan 5 months, but my business is based in Michigan (while I handle it remotely), so I have a Michigan driver’s license currently. For Disney, they just take my Spectrum bill with my address, and a utility bill.

Does Universal Orlando do the same? I’ve read their site but am unclear if I qualify for a Florida residents annual pass as it seems much stricter than Disney’s. A couple of years ago I bought a regular AP without even realizing the Seasonal AP did have a Florida resident discount.

My daughter is a Wisconsin resident, so it would be just for me (she wants to go with me this year). Thanks for any advice!

Also "part time resident".

They have gotten more strict. You might be okay since you have utilities which imply residency. Last round they told my DS they would no longer honor his bank statement and the only reason they let him renew was because he already had one at the FL rate. It was always accepted prior. The home/utilities are in my name and because he is over 18 they wanted something more than bank. Right now we have let all of ours expire until after Epic opens, and even then we expect it might not work out.

The positive is the savings for FL Resident at UO is no where near the savings at WDW.

They have gotten more strict. You might be okay since you have utilities which imply residency. Last round they told my DS they would no longer honor his bank statement and the only reason they let him renew was because he already had one at the FL rate. It was always accepted prior. The home/utilities are in my name and because he is over 18 they wanted something more than bank. Right now we have let all of ours expire until after Epic opens, and even then we expect it might not work out.

The positive is the savings for FL Resident at UO is no where near the savings at WDW.

No, but the AP is $100 less, so that means I’d really like to get it again (mine expired but I had the regular, not the Florida one at the time). The savings on Royal Pacifc with the AP pass are $140/night so that right there pays for the AP.

And I do have utilities, etc, to bring with me so I’ll do that. Thank you so much!

I thot you had to have a FL ID of some sort?

driver’s license, student card etc.

never hurts to ask!

That time split makes you a Florida resident. You're breaking the law by holding onto your Michigan license.

For new passholders, you must supply a state issued i.d....such as drivers license or i.d. card with address on it from the state of FL. I know because we just tried getting my daughter a FL season pass and they wouldn't do it for her even though she could provide her electric and internet bill.

For new passholders, you must supply a state issued i.d....such as drivers license or i.d. card with address on it from the state of FL. I know because we just tried getting my daughter a FL season pass and they wouldn't do it for her even though she could provide her electric and internet bill.
Is she a student by chance? I think Universal will accept a student ID from a Florida university.

I would look on the Universal website or call/email them to be sure. Each park might have its own rules regarding proof of residency in order to prevent people from trying to 'game' whatever discounts are offered to residents. I know in the times I have moved from one state to another due to my work, you could not hold multiple driver's licenses from different states. You had to give up the one in order to be issued another. Your primary residence to me is what you put on your annual tax forms (i.e. 1040). You can only have ONE of those even if you own homes in multiple other states.

I don't know what the rules are for Universal for someone whose primary residence is not Florida, but owns a 2nd home in Florida (as an example).

Guess it depends if those 7 months you live in FL are consecutive -

https://www.stateofflorida.com/drivers-license-requirements/

If you move to Florida and have a valid license from another state, you must get a Florida license within 30 days of becoming a resident. You are considered a resident of Florida if you:

• enroll your children in public school, or
  • register to vote, or
  • file for a homestead exemption, or
  • accept employment, or
  • reside in Florida for more than six consecutive months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter