Protocol for switching guides

WDWFERN

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Can I ask the protocol for switching guides? We have worked with our current guide a few years for a couple different purchases, but the last several phone conversations I’ve had I have gotten misinformation (where he directly says he has never even heard of some things I’ve learned on disboards when I try to look into them and there is just no way that is true). Recently a few of my inquiries have been met with not so veiled sarcasm and condescending responses that has prompted me to want to switch guides. Of note, I do ask questions, but hate confrontation of any kind, and the second I get the sarcastic or no. Response I just say “sounds good” and switch topics or end the conversation, so it’s not like I am being pushy or mean.

I do have the name and contact information of the guide I hope to switch too. Just looking for more honest and respectful communication. Do I need to call DVC, or can I just contact the new guide and request to switch? We are looking to add in again, but I just don’t feel I trust the information I’m being told currently.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Can I ask the protocol for switching guides? We have worked with our current guide a few years for a couple different purchases, but the last several phone conversations I’ve had I have gotten misinformation (where he directly says he has never even heard of some things I’ve learned on disboards when I try to look into them and there is just no way that is true). Recently a few of my inquiries have been met with not so veiled sarcasm and condescending responses that has prompted me to want to switch guides. Of note, I do ask questions, but hate confrontation of any kind, and the second I get the sarcastic or no. Response I just say “sounds good” and switch topics or end the conversation, so it’s not like I am being pushy or mean.

I do have the name and contact information of the guide I hope to switch too. Just looking for more honest and respectful communication. Do I need to call DVC, or can I just contact the new guide and request to switch? We are looking to add in again, but I just don’t feel I trust the information I’m being told currently.

Thanks!
I’d use the chat feature on the DVC website if you don’t like confrontation

I just switched guides recently. I wanted a guide who was more involved and had more years at the company. I met him while doing a recent tour of a Riviera grand villa and just emailed him afterwards.

We were in a similar position last year with our guide that was just assigned to us after buying resale. We had never really dealt with him since we were in the never buying direct camp but the VGF deals last summer had us interested. After a few calls with him, it was pretty obvious that it wasn't a good fit. We had another guide in mind based on a recommendation on here. We reached out to the new guide to explain the situation and he just said that if we wanted to switch to him, just send him an email stating that and he would take care of it. I would much rather this than deal with the awkwardness of telling the original guide we wanted someone else.

The short answer - I would just call the new guide to give them a heads up and then confirm that you can just email them to make the switch. If you're going to drop direct money, it should at least be with someone you're comfortable with and can get you what you need.

We sent an email - we really liked the guide who sold us the VGC points (met him in person) and had never ever met any of our prior guides. The VGC guide said to email him requesting to change and then he forwarded it on to the powers that be. And he is officially our guide now.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Curious who your guide is because it sounds a lot like mine!

We sent an email - we really liked the guide who sold us the VGC points (met him in person) and had never ever met any of our prior guides. The VGC guide said to email him requesting to change and then he forwarded it on to the powers that be. And he is officially our guide now.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me your guide's name? I assume they are based in CA? I thought my guide was a west coast one but now I'm thinking he's not and he was kind of snarky when I asked him about direct VGC points.

He actually is in Florida. I would prefer not to say, because he overall is a nice person, just a bit sarcastic/patronizing regarding certain questions. It very well could just be me, but I figure for this amount of money I really should feel comfortable.

I wasn’t a fan of my first guide. I met him when I toured VGF when it first came back online. I knew exactly what I wanted. All the info I needed I already knew. He was very pushy and I just didn’t like how he responded to the very few questions I had. He also gave me wrong answers about some general dvc questions. I bought the small add on through him but ended up switching guides over the summer when we added on more at VGF. I got a guides name off this board. I sent her an email directly and told her I got her name from here. I said I would like to buy 150pt. direct at VGF. Can you help me? She was fantastic. She knew of all the deals at the time that were mentioned on the boards and was so lovely.

I didn’t even want to use the first guide for the small add on but it was right before a price increase so it wasn’t worth it to find someone else.

My first guide retired, my second guide left, and my third guide was a new guy. I had intentions on buying more points so I figured I go with my buddy's guide, who has been there for years. I emailed him directly to ask if I can switch over to him and he did so. It was easy.

Our first and only direct purchase this past summer we met with a guide at Kidani who started the process. I really liked him and enjoyed working with him. However, I did learn some things on the boards before we finalized and had to go back a few times to push him on some stuff. Thanks to a referral here, I consulted with another guide who helped save us some money by structuring the purchases slightly differently. Ironically, as we were getting ready to close they had to reassign us because the original Kidani guide couldn't work with CA residents once they returned to CA. So in the end we finished with the referral from here and that's our current guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter