Publix grocery list with prices - as promised!

B3LM

Disney Fan
We're back from our magical WDW trip. I had promised that I'd save my receipt from our trip to Public and post the prices. Here it is:

Roll of Scott paper towels $1.49
12 pack Zephyr Spring water (16 oz bottles) $3.50 (sale)
6 pack of pepsi bottles (20 oz) $2.67 (sale)
6 pack of Lipton Brisk Tea (20 oz) $2.67 (sale)
6 pack of Michelob Light $4.79
Ritz Bits crackers $3.29
Double Stuff OREOS $3.59
Doritos $3.29
Bag of mini-Chocolate donuts $1.79
Hostess powdered mini-donuts $1.89
1/2 gallon 2% milk $1.89
Family pack Pop-tarts $2.73
Kellogg Pop Tarts $1.95
Apples $1.19 per pound
Thomas bagels $3.09
Bananas $1.08
Chocolate Chip muffins $2.69
Zucchini muffins $2.69
Blues Clues Fruit Snacks $2.39
Scooby Fruit Snacks $2.59
Strawverries & Cream cereal bars $2.59
Chocolate Fudge cereal bars $2.59

We took a few coupons with us that I had clipped at home, so we saved a few extra dollars there. They don't double coupons, though.

Our total bill was $60.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Beth

Wow! They are expensive! (Or I am cheap? I can never get that straight...) But bananas are $.89 a pound regularly and $.49 a pound on sale and they have to be air freighted up here to Alaska! As a matter of fact most things at my Super Kamrt and Safeway/Carrs are less expensive then their prices. I am SURE that groceries are not cheaper in faraway Alaska where it all has to be flown in than Florida. Is this just an expensive grocery store? Are there cheaper ones around? Or am I way off on pricing here?

Jennifer

P.S. Thanks B3LM for saving your recepit and posting it!

Some of their prices were high, but many were comparable to the grocery stores here in St. Louis.

Beth

I live in Florida and shop at Publix every week and I find those prices high, too. I must say, I don't usually buy the brands you did. I buy Publix brand for paper towels and water and pay a lot less. We buy Lender's bagels for 99 cents, and 12-packs of soda for less than $3, Publix brand crackers and cookies, etc. I wonder if that Publix charges higher prices? It's hard to say since we shop differently.

I think it's hard to compare 1 trip with your regular shopping because at home you can wait a week or 2 until things are on sale & then stock up. I wouldn't buy oreos at home for $3.49, but I might on vacation!!

On our last trip we went to Goodings, the Publix on 192 and super walmart. The walmart was great, the publix was so-so (on price, selection, atmosphere). Goodings was crazy! Waaay too expensive!

That is the one thing that we have found to not be a bargain in Florida (food shopping). My in-laws have lived there for 6 yrs and they say that they don't have the sales and lower prices that they had here in NJ. I was surprised that the fruit and vegetables were not less when we shopped at any of the stores.

I'd never pay $3.49 for oreos at home either. :) The way I looked at it was that we were still saving a bundle of money rather than eating breakfast out every morning.

Beth

Thanks a bunch for posting the prices! Now I can better budget for my trip! You are a DOLL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter