Puppy!!! He's got a name!! INTRODUCING.... Page 5

We inherited my parents dog which is also a Corgi. Very sweet dogs!

Oh yes, Aroyer!! And, when they enter the room, they have the "I'm here, the fun can start" attitude! Such hams and so adoring!

I'm going to visit the pups the weekend after next to make my choice. I'm excited!

Wow! The time is flying!!!! The weekend after next??? I bet you are on top of the world!!!! I would be so excited!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I AM!! The problem is I have a big singing competition this weekend that I'm getting ready to go to, so most of my attention outside of working has to be paid to that this week. I'm excited about both!

I ordered a new collar and leash in a really neat retro pattern (really bright) that was just mailed to me. I'm taking it with me next week to give to the breeder for when she transports in June.

The breeder e-mailed me a couple of pics of one of the pups, but she couldn't get all the pics to go through, so I will have to wait till next week. They were only 3 weeks old last weekend, so it's hard to tell color-wise what they will look like. I will take plenty of pics next week!

Is everything ready for the new baby???

Ha! I just saw this! Thanks, Deb, for thinking of me!

Well, I just got a hold of my breeder last night and confirmed the baby pick-up for Saturday morning as planned. Leaving Friday to drive 350 miles to pick up my boy, so everything is all set. I went over there a month ago and picked him out, so that part is done. He was the one who kept his eyes on me during the whole visit. He said I looked like a sucker! Though, I don't know how much he could even see yet...his eyes were still a little cloudy and he was a complete clutz when he tried to run. Then, he fell asleep after 15 minutes. The pups were still nursing when I was there the first weekend in May.

The house is NOT puppy-proofed yet, though, and I am doing that today and tomorrow. I can completely trust my older dog anywhere in the house, so I have to change some things...dusting off the kiddie / puppy gates, etc. I need to find something to protect a few electric cords, too, though there won't be free-run in any room that has those. I pretty much puppy-proofed the back yard over the weekend.

I have a list of about 30 names picked out, but we'll see if any of them work. I like Patchchild's nickname for her baby..."Squirmy"! Would work here, too!

I'll update when I get back Saturday night or Sunday.

Ha! I just saw this! Thanks, Deb, for thinking of me!

Well, I just got a hold of my breeder last night and confirmed the baby pick-up for Saturday morning as planned. Leaving Friday to drive 350 miles to pick up my boy, so everything is all set. I went over there a month ago and picked him out, so that part is done. He was the one who kept his eyes on me during the whole visit. He said I looked like a sucker! Though, I don't know how much he could even see yet...his eyes were still a little cloudy and he was a complete clutz when he tried to run. Then, he fell asleep after 15 minutes. The pups were still nursing when I was there the first weekend in May.

The house is NOT puppy-proofed yet, though, and I am doing that today and tomorrow. I can completely trust my older dog anywhere in the house, so I have to change some things...dusting off the kiddie / puppy gates, etc. I need to find something to protect a few electric cords, too, though there won't be free-run in any room that has those. I pretty much puppy-proofed the back yard over the weekend.

I have a list of about 30 names picked out, but we'll see if any of them work. I like Patchchild's nickname for her baby..."Squirmy"! Would work here, too!

I'll update when I get back Saturday night or Sunday.

Oh have fun and enjoy!!!! I remember bringing home my new puppy!!! He was just so much fun!!! We had to pick him up in Syosset, NY, so we took the ferry over to Long Island, NY and drove up to get him! He took his first ferry ride at 8 weeks old!!!! It was too cute!!! It was summer time and he was just having the time of his life!!!! Everyone just went gaga over him!!! We had a pick up truck and I bought this great little lambswool bed thing that had sides and he just snuggled up in that all the way home it was great having him between us all the way home!!!

Have fun puppy-proofing. :lmao:

Hope your trip is a safe & pleasant one and that he adjusts well!

Puppy proofing........I just cleaned the guest bathroom........Why?? ...I don't know.......I guess it's the smallest room in the house and the easiest....He's not going to be using it. LOL!!

I'll have fun this weekend. I'm not sure where I'm going to stop on the way back to take him to do his business is my main concern. I've been advised to stay away from rest stops due to the fact that so many people take their dogs there and he shouldn't be exposed to unknown other dog germs at his age...plus, the safety issue. Maybe I'll get off I-80 and find a park or something.

I would post picures, but I've never done it to a board and don't really know how. I can e-mail them, though.

Puppy proofing........I just cleaned the guest bathroom........Why?? ...I don't know.......I guess it's the smallest room in the house and the easiest....He's not going to be using it. LOL!!

I'll have fun this weekend. I'm not sure where I'm going to stop on the way back to take him to do his business is my main concern. I've been advised to stay away from rest stops due to the fact that so many people take their dogs there and he shouldn't be exposed to unknown other dog germs at his age...plus, the safety issue. Maybe I'll get off I-80 and find a park or something.

I would post picures, but I've never done it to a board and don't really know how. I can e-mail them, though.

When we picked up our last baby, I didn't want to go to a rest area either. I acutally ended up at a mall in a remote grassy area. My kids got to play puppy for a little while, and I was able to snap a few pics...plus baby (Maggie) was able to go potty.:dog2:

Here is the one that Yoda is going to take home.

My_Corgi_puppy_012_edited.jpg

Here is the one that Yoda is going to take home.

My_Corgi_puppy_012_edited.jpg

Thanks for posting for me AWM!! See, this guy looks like a hampster, absolutely nothing like a corgi. Ears will be up and he will be able to fly with them. He will be a sable red and white, not the brown the the newborn pic shows. When I asked the breeder last night if they had changed a lot since I was there earlier this month she said...OHMIGOSH, yes. So, it will exciting to see the change....he should no longer look like a hampster!

He is ADORABLE. I have never seen a baby Corgi before. My parents got their Corgi when he was a few years old. Have fun with your new baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter