Purchase Resale at BLT or VGF

New BLT owner here. I just booked late January week in a studio. Standard view was not only being walked, but filling up without much left over. So I booked lake view and WL SV. Waitlist took 5 days but GF still available for standard.
Also, does GF have Theme Park view for studios? I didn’t see any?? Not sure.
The number of points needed for your desired trips should be a consideration for sure.
Edit ok resort studio available in tpv.
VGF has Theme Park view as a category for the BPK ("resort") studios.

New BLT owner here. I just booked late January week in a studio. Standard view was not only being walked, but filling up without much left over. So I booked lake view and WL SV. Waitlist took 5 days but GF still available for standard.
Also, does GF have Theme Park view for studios? I didn’t see any?? Not sure.
The number of points needed for your desired trips should be a consideration for sure.
Edit ok resort studio available in tpv.
BLT & VGF both have 30 of lock off standard deluxe studios.
Neither have dedicated deluxe studios.
With BPK being converted you now have 84 dedicated standard resort studios at VGF.

So it makes sense that a standard studio of any kind would be harder to book at BLT.

However as I pointed out earlier once families grow the 11 month advantage will be needed more at VGF as they did not expand the larger offerings.

VGF only has a total possible count of 94 2 BR of which 47 are dedicated (All view types).
BLT on the other hand has a total possible count of 267 2 BR of which 120 are dedicated (All view types).

Glad you were finally able to snag it though :)

Again thank you all for your opinions. You have all been very helpful. We are still weighing which resort to choose. I have really started diving into listings and reviewing the brokers out there. I’m probably overdoing the research of them but why not I guess. The DVC search has been a great tool.

Again thank you all for your opinions. You have all been very helpful. We are still weighing which resort to choose. I have really started diving into listings and reviewing the brokers out there. I’m probably overdoing the research of them but why not I guess. The DVC search has been a great tool.
No such thing as overdoing the research when in comes to DVC! We are Olympic grade over-analysers! Good luck with your decision.

No such thing as overdoing the research when in comes to DVC! We are Olympic grade over-analysers! Good luck with your decision.
Exactly, can’t over do the research. But you can get to the point where you know what the best decision is. ;)

P.S. If possible, you might consider renting points to stay a night or two at each property before buying.
Great point! I'm so glad we did that with SSR, because after the stay we realized it's not our vibe and even though it's supposedly a "better value" as a lot of members will say, we just don't see ourselves staying there again.
It's important that you enjoy where you stay if you plan on doing relaxing resort days.

Again, thank you for all of your opinions everyone. We ended up buying a 200 pt contract at BLT for $115/pt. It has an August use year and There are currently 38 pts for 2023. Then in August we get 320 pts for 2024. We are very excited (wife included now😬) it was sent to ROFR 2 days ago.

Again, thank you for all of your opinions everyone. We ended up buying a 200 pt contract at BLT for $115/pt. It has an August use year and There are currently 38 pts for 2023. Then in August we get 320 pts for 2024. We are very excited (wife included now😬) it was sent to ROFR 2 days ago.
Wowzer! $155 is an excellent price. Congrats. Welcome home.

Great price for sure. 200 points is a great number to give you some flexibility and can help with those larger accommodations. I also look at the points for the grand villa and imagine staying in one at some point. Congratulations (and fingers crossed on ROFR).

Hello all. I have been stalking these boards for the last 8 months or so. It appears that my wife and I are finally at the stage where we are very serious about buying into DVC for our first time. We have narrowed down our list of home resorts to Bay Lake Tower and the Villas at Grand Floridian. At this point we are thinking about purchasing 200 points resale. However, we are stuck here right before the finish line of choosing which resort. So I am looking for opinions.

Is it hard to ever book at VGF at the 11 month window? I can understand Christmas time but what about the other times of the year. But it would certainly suck if you pay the premium for points at VGF and then not be able to use them there.

Does BLT have a "resort" feel at all?

Can you walk from BLT to the TTC? Or do you need to get on the Monorail and do the loop?

Of course feel free to share any other opinions you may have. Thanks!
BLT was our first home resort. We sold for to make a big home improvement years ago, and I regret it. You can walk to MK, you don't have to go outside to get to your room (VGF DVC building is at the far back of the property, so if it's raining, walking to get food sucks), there is a bridge from BLT to the Contemporary for easy access to food and monorail. The 1BR and 2BR are huge, although I've heard the studios are smaller than other resorts. I was always happy with the resort feel at BLT.

edited to add: Congrats! Just saw you made an offer.

BLT was our first home resort. We sold for to make a big home improvement years ago, and I regret it. You can walk to MK, you don't have to go outside to get to your room (VGF DVC building is at the far back of the property, so if it's raining, walking to get food sucks), there is a bridge from BLT to the Contemporary for easy access to food and monorail. The 1BR and 2BR are huge, although I've heard the studios are smaller than other resorts. I was always happy with the resort feel at BLT.

Rode out a hurricane at BLT and that walkway over to the Contemporary for food and monorail to other food kept us out of the weather. Also glad to have the extra space.

This isn't my thread, but we are closing on Tuesday on our very first contract and we chose BLT. Super happy to hear all of this feedback!

This isn't my thread, but we are closing on Tuesday on our very first contract and we chose BLT. Super happy to hear all of this feedback!

Both of you guys chose a great home resort. Definitely among the best value DVC has to offer and some of the best views obviously :) Welcome home!

We chose BLT as our monorail resort because:
-Cheaper cost per point
-Cheaper point chart
-Extra bathroom in the 1+ bedroom units
-Getting a refurb very soon that should make it nicer and increase the value of owning points there.

The only reason I would have bought VGF is if we absolutely loved it there, but the extra costs and theming made it not worth it for us. The theming was too "old school" for us youngsters. Maybe you could make an argument for the extra 4 years before expiration, but it isn't much.

We chose BLT as our monorail resort
Way off topic, but... Having a resort for each area seems to be the way to go, doesn't it... All depending on which areas you may like better.?
I mean, lots of people love their single home resort and make their way to all the parks & the Springs, etc but It seems like people kind of migrate towards the area they want to spend more time in, or spread it around a little more. (AK, Crescent Lake, Monorail/MK, or DS)

So to round out a WDW vacation, it makes sense to own 1-5 resorts. AKV, BW/BC (& RIV), and an MK resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter