Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Thank you all so very much with all my love always you know that. In God's perfect time and way all will indeed work out. Disneyland isn't going anywhere. Dad and I would want to be 100% to truly enjoy our trip. I will reach out to Disneyland next week. I will share about physical therapy. I'm so thankful to finally be taking that much needed step! Happy Saturday hugs and of healing to all in need, health (Judique).

Bobbiwoz I hope you have a nice cruise.

Good morning. It is 43 now and heading to near 60 today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 70s. I have been awake since 4:30 so I just got out of bed and started the day. My mind just wouldn't stop so I gave up trying to sleep. I got my hair cut yesterday and she did not cut it too short thankfully. Yesterday I went for a walk at the lake with Kenny, GF, and his dog. It was a nice day with a bit of a breeze. I also am starting to get ready for my trip. I have out the shorts I am taking along, shirts, and other essentials. The toiletries are sorted and replaced as needed. Heading out to Hannafords in a bit to pick up a few items.

Have a good day.

Hug Snowysmom. Hooray for warmer weather. Always cheers for dear you.

Is anyone else having trouble again on here? I hope not. Almost every time I try to reply or open anything, CA Department of Transportation opens up about storm water! So strange and annoying too.

Much more importantly :) Wishing each of you a day of joy in some way. I will check back later.

Good morning everyone. Going to be sunny and hot as in 87 degrees, hotter tomorrow, and in the 80's all week. Did Mother Nature forget that it's still just the end of April? We may set record temperatures.

Summer had said she was going to come yesterday afternoon but it was almost 7 when they finally showed up. It was Summer in her car (she was taking all the pictures), Lily and her boyfriend Keshawn and her best friend Camden in Lily's car, and another car with 2 other couples. They couldn't stay long as they had to get to dinner before the prom at 8, but it was nice to see everyone. I had never met Camden before, but Summer had told me he was gay. What she didn't tell me was that he dresses as a female. Bright red, sparkly long gown, full hair and makeup, and heels. Quite the surprise, lol
Lily looked gorgeous and Keshawn looked very nice. He isn't allowed to go to the prom with as the school claims he got into trouble when he went there, which is a lie, but it is what it is.

I'm going to get a few chores done before it starts getting warm, it may be time to turn the ac on this afternoon

Mona, no issues on the site for me.

Have a nice day

Picture for the day will be Lily in her prom dress.

1714311486194.png

Is anyone else having trouble again on here? I hope not. Almost every time I try to reply or open anything, CA Department of Transportation opens up about storm water! So strange and annoying too.
I had some trouble yesterday and the day before with it freezing when I tried to load it on my phone, but it worked a little while later, and I assumed it was just spotty signal where I was.

Good morning everyone. Going to be sunny and hot as in 87 degrees, hotter tomorrow, and in the 80's all week. Did Mother Nature forget that it's still just the end of April? We may set record temperatures.

Summer had said she was going to come yesterday afternoon but it was almost 7 when they finally showed up. It was Summer in her car (she was taking all the pictures), Lily and her boyfriend Keshawn and her best friend Camden in Lily's car, and another car with 2 other couples. They couldn't stay long as they had to get to dinner before the prom at 8, but it was nice to see everyone. I had never met Camden before, but Summer had told me he was gay. What she didn't tell me was that he dresses as a female. Bright red, sparkly long gown, full hair and makeup, and heels. Quite the surprise, lol
Lily looked gorgeous and Keshawn looked very nice. He isn't allowed to go to the prom with as the school claims he got into trouble when he went there, which is a lie, but it is what it is.

I'm going to get a few chores done before it starts getting warm, it may be time to turn the ac on this afternoon

Mona, no issues on the site for me.

Have a nice day

Picture for the day will be Lily in her prom dress.
Hope the kids had a great time at the prom! I remember mine as my 'date' was my cousin. Very few people were actually paired of in those days as my class was tiny.

As soon as we arrived, we went our separate directions.

I danced my heart out and had a wonderful time.

Later on my Aunt picked us up and dropped me at home.

No one I'm aware of was barred from attending and lots of people from other schools were there, plus people who no longer went to school.

Now, I can understand why you would not post Camden's picture without permission, but I would have loved to see it. Everyone is different and beautiful in their own way.

I would love to see a picture too dear Lynn.

I had trouble earlier again on here which is why I didn't come back until now. I enjoyed online worship as always this morning. Tomorrow, God willing, I will be able to share physical therapy and Disneyland updates. Love to all and sweet dreams.

Lynn Lovely picture of Lily. 87 degrees is too hot for me in summer never mind in April. I hope it did not get that warm.

@flyingdumbo127 Hope you get some updates today.

It is a warm 59 here right now with temps heading into the mid 70s. Yesterday I did some walking around the complex and went to dollar tree. I had to get birthday cards, wrap, and bows. I did some work and some housework. I put outfits together for the Disney trip. I like to know what I will wear each day so I can just pack that. It helps lessen overpacking for me. By then I was so tired from not sleeping the night before that I just had to sit and watch a Hallmark movie. I read a bit too.

Another work week begins. Have a good day.

Have some errands to run today, but will probably wait until after DS gets off to work at 10:00.

I watched Call the Midwife this morning over my coffee, and it was a really intense episode. Now I have a Hallmark movie on to balance it out. :teeth:

I need to work a little more on decluttering the spare room, too.

Happy Monday!:flower2:

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. The weather here was great, we never did get the rain they were predicting. Today is going to be sunny and in the 80's :sunny:. These are the days that I just can't get moving in the morning to come to work. I want to be able to work from home on days like this.

Worked night shift all weekend. Nothing exciting went on and I didn't do anything yesterday. I did go to Home Depot to look for bags of potting soil but I couldn't find any. I'll probably go back and grab the bags of top soil and mix in some Miracle Grow stuff with it.🌷

Bobbiwoz - enjoy your cruise!🛳️

Have a great day! :wave:

Thank you dear Snowysmom. I am trip excited and grateful for you my friend.

PollyannaMom, I have sure been enjoying Hallmark movies again. I hope the one you watched was good!

Footballmouse, enjoy the extra blessing of sunshine and being able to be out in it!

God willing I will share updates this afternoon. Happy Monday dear friends :grouphug:

Good sunny morning. We got to 86 yesterday and are expecting close to 90 today. Dave Jr showed up unexpectedly yesterday afternoon (an hour after I had just finished mowing the whole lawn), and cut the stump down to the ground. I just have to find someone to grind it out now.
All the yard work is done for now. And I even managed to make new cushions for the front porch chairs and swing yesterday. I may till the garden today, or I may not. I may just do nothing.

Watched Idol yesterday and my absolute favorite was sent home, which didn't make me very happy.

Off to find some breakfast and sit on the deck to enjoy it.

Have a great day

1714399785574.png

Same hot Maryland weather here - 89 degrees. AC is on and working fine.

Day 6 of meds - improving.

Went outside to save my tomato plants - all $5 worth from dying in the sun. Moved them into the pots after soaking the pots well. This took 20 minutes. Water into 3 pots, put in 3 plants, done, back inside.

Came inside and was so happy to get in cool air, as I flagged quickly out there.

Other than dishes, feeding myself and cats, that's my day. Oh and fed the birds earlier.

Good afternoon everyone:hug:

I do have some updates. First, my initial virtual PT consultation will be tomorrow at 11:30. After that has taken place, my information will be passed onto the therapist assigned to me who will call me to schedule my first in person appointment for next week. Absolutely a positive step forward! I will share how that goes. The woman, Karen, (guessing she is a receptionist/intake person) who I have been speaking with and who I will be meeting with tomorrow, said she did receive my email that included the history of my feet issues and that she will make sure the therapist gets that. I'm grateful about that also.

Disneyland I was able to cancel our reservations. I learned that indeed our current tickets (they are a SoCal Resident Promotion) will expire on June 2nd. However as long as our tickets are unused the value, we paid for them will remain. Dad and I will be able to apply that money toward future tickets. Dad and I talked and ideally, I would LOVE to go December 8-10th--Candlelight Ceremony and Processional weekend--pandemic and weather depending of course. Disneyland tickets can be scheduled 180 days in advance which I counted on my calendar will be June 13th. Disneyland said to just call Guest Services back in June. The money we paid for our current tickets will be applied toward the cost of new tickets. I was assured we can use another Disney Gift Card (as I pray all of you know by no we, when you buy Disney Gift Cards with a Target Red Card, they are 5% off which is what we do) I was also told thar as long as tickets are unused reservations can be rescheduled as many times as necessary. So should we schedule for December and decide against going then, we could do the same thing as I did this afternoon.

God willing a Christmas time including Candlelight trip would mean so much to me! I would love that. We are also looking at going to Disneyland this same time in May 2025. Our tthree park days would be May 12th-14th. God willing, Next year will be a milestone birthday for me and that would be great fun. Plus, Disneyland almost always has a SoCal resident 3-day ticket promotion going on at that time. Our December trip would be more costly but that is where it mostly being paid for would be an extra, extra blessing. We have time to save and get another gift card. So that is good too. Blessing indeed to have options.

Love to all always and have a wonderful rest of Monday.

Last edited:
64° now in Cape May, they say it got as high as 70°. I did some outside work today in the garden. Squirrels have dug up at least 30 gladiola bulbs, chewed them, but have not eaten them. I did what I could to save those that seemed good enough. I’ve had the bulbs for 7 years, never had a problem with squirrels or anything before this. Disappointed for sure.

The pond has not been dealt with. We can’t see any fish. Some come up if we put food in, but I don’t know if they are healthy or sick. Water is very cloudy. The pond company is not getting the message straight. We expected people on two different days. The owner calls and says, “ I got a message to call you, What’s up.” Well I think they will come when we aren’t home. We come back on May 11.

Today was 6 month Medicare Wellness check. It went well! Blood pressure was a bit high, am somewhat stressed, pond, and well, Gus is affected by the warm weather, but 70° isn’t particularly high, but for him, I guess it is.

I finished the 1000 piece puzzle, well 999 pieces because one is missing. It’s lovely, has taken me quite awhile to finish. It was a Christmas present.

IMG_5490.jpeg

I am pretty sure all of those lovely birds have been to our feeder this winter!

@flyingdumbo127 , that was good news you received from DL, and a visit to see the CP, is very special!

Thank you dear Bobbi. Healthy prayers to you my friend always. I love the puzzle. A Candlelight trip would indeed be extra special. I would need to find out whether it still works the same way out here as it did pre pandemic. Unlike at WDW, out here, CP is not intended to be public. Only celebrities and other people who are invited are guaranteed an actual seat which to me is no wrong considering what they (everyone) is coming together to celebrate. CM's do have a limited number of first come, first served tickets. Years past, the public had to stand around the Candlelight viewing area all day (or arrive at the crack of dawn to try and secure a bench) to maybe get a seat. I have been extra blessed by God to see Candlelight twice, both times from a seat. 2014, I stood around all day. 2015 I met up with a Disboard friend and her family. We took turns holding down a bench all day. I will find out more later in summer. Next May is for sure a more real possibility.

Good evening to all.

Thank you dear Bobbi. Healthy prayers to you my friend always. I love the puzzle. A Candlelight trip would indeed be extra special. I would need to find out whether it still works the same way out here as it did pre pandemic. Unlike at WDW, out here, CP is not intended to be public. Only celebrities and other people who are invited are guaranteed an actual seat which to me is no wrong considering what they (everyone) is coming together to celebrate. CM's do have a limited number of first come, first served tickets. Years past, the public had to stand around the Candlelight viewing area all day (or arrive at the crack of dawn to try and secure a bench) to maybe get a seat. I have been extra blessed by God to see Candlelight twice, both times from a seat. 2014, I stood around all day. 2015 I met up with a Disboard friend and her family. We took turns holding down a bench all day. I will find out more later in summer. Next May is for sure a more real possibility.

Good evening to all.
Wow, I never knew that! Thanks for the information.

Yeah :( I just posted this in the Disneyland Section in my Rescheduling Thread: Candlelight question to anyone who has gone during Covid. I have not actually been since 2015! Do you still need to wait around all day near the stage area to maybe get a seat close to the CP's start? The CM I spoke with this afternoon said she didn't have any information yet because it was too early. As far as she did know, CM's have a certain number of tickets to give to the public on a first come first served basis. Dad and I would not be up for waiting on Main Street all day. I had prayed that a pandemic positive would have been (maybe one day it still will) Candlelight at Disneyland being at least a week, with earlier time availability and like at WDW, the option to buy tickets.

I believe out here Christmas decorations do go up after Veteran's Day. So should the weather look nicer than we could consider going then rather than in December. God willing, I just would love to view Candlelight again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter