Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. In the forties here with rain coming in later. So far today I have been to Market Basket, vacuumed the bedrooms, and washed the bathroom floors. I will be seeing Jeff today and maybe Luke's baseball practice if the rain holds off. Ethan and Owen's baseball game was nice. It is funny to watch how during the first inning the kids are all focused and watching the game and where the ball goes. By the second inning they are dancing on the bases, singing songs (Ethan was singing Happy birthday while on base), sitting on the bases, looking at the playground, and just not interested. The kids are in K and 1st grade.

The window well drains have been put in. I looked at where they excavated and the hole was so deep. They then came and put in the drain pipes, put in small rocks to fill in the wells and just outside the wells. Then outside the window well they had to put some dirt and grass seed. At least it looks like good growing dirt and not the junk they put down when building the condos. On Friday painting will be done. I think they is one more thing on my personal punch list to be done but I don't think they will do it. My inspector said it would be a good thing to do but not totally necessary. Kenny can do it is needed.

Have a nice Sunday.

Good morning. Not raining at the moment, but they're calling for more. At least it wasn't pouring rain yesterday. I didn't do much of anything yesterday but pass the vacuum and do laundry. I watched all of the Kentucky Derby and my favorite, Sierra Leone was part of the 3 way nose to nose photo finish. As long as no horses or jockeys got hurt, I was good with who won.

I have a bit of a headache, so I'm going to take some Tylenol and lay down for awhile

Have a good day
1714917416685.png

So, my December Disney trip is coming along.

Some time recently I booked Disney's Hilton Head when it finally dawned on me that TG was last week of November this year. As soon as I booked it DD called and asked if she could come with me. DD can see all my reservations. Sure! Come on down! We will probably eat out for the holiday as I have a studio and don't really want to play chef that day with a toaster and microwave. Resort used to do full dinners that you could have delivered but I don't think they have that option anymore. On one occasion I had a Piggly Wiggly delivery and it was decent also.

Anyway family can come and then after on maybe Saturday I'll drive the rest of the way to Disney World.

First 3 nights with 4th waitlisted at Boardwalk in a studio. 4th night was available at multiple resorts recently when 7 months rolled around, so I booked a NEW Cabin at Fort Wilderness. I stayed in the old cabin a few years ago and it was adequate but not in any way deluxe. Now I'm leaning towards booking a 5th night at the cabins. That would make it a 3/2 split for 5 total nights. Right now my 5th night is BCV and that's also what the 4th night was supposed to be.

Right now I'm traveling alone for the Disney World part, so any moving around I do only affects me. If my other friend decides to join, she doesn't mind hopping around either. We are both flexible. She would not be invited for the Hilton Head part as both beds will be full with DD and grands.

Good morning dear friends,

Thank you dear PollyannaMom for helping to raise money for a good cause so glad the event well. Congratulations on your raffle wins!

Dear Snowysmom, thank you for sharing about those precious kids. What a blessing for all of you to have expetienced together.

Dear Lynn, hug and feel better prayers. Please take care and get some rest. Glad you have different things to enjoy on tv :)

Have a wonderful and safe later year Disney and other adventure dear Judique. I'm grateful you are able to and enjoy travel.

Dad just got home from Pavilions. I got up not long ago from a morning nap. Looking forward to watching online worship later.

Have a great rest of the day friends.

Judique Nice plans for your TG and December trip to WDW. When I get back from my Disney trip I am going to call the bounceback line to see if I can save some money on my December Club level trip. I am booked at Beach Club now but am willing to change to another deluxe club level at Boardwalk area to save some money.

Lynn I hope you were able to have a quieter day.

Good morning. It is 46 now with temps heading into the 70s today. It is rainy now but supposed to be stopping this morning. I saw Jeff and kids yesterday. Ellie went out with a friend. Jeff took Luke to baseball practice. Charlotte, Sam, and I were supposed to go too but it was sprinkling out and very chilly. So I stayed with Charlotte and Sam while Jeff went with Luke. Sam loves Bluey so we watched Bluey cartoons and played a Bluey scavenge hunt game as well as read some books. It was nice to spend time with them.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Judique Nice plans for your TG and December trip to WDW. When I get back from my Disney trip I am going to call the bounceback line to see if I can save some money on my December Club level trip. I am booked at Beach Club now but am willing to change to another deluxe club level at Boardwalk area to save some money.

Lynn I hope you were able to have a quieter day.

Good morning. It is 46 now with temps heading into the 70s today. It is rainy now but supposed to be stopping this morning. I saw Jeff and kids yesterday. Ellie went out with a friend. Jeff took Luke to baseball practice. Charlotte, Sam, and I were supposed to go too but it was sprinkling out and very chilly. So I stayed with Charlotte and Sam while Jeff went with Luke. Sam loves Bluey so we watched Bluey cartoons and played a Bluey scavenge hunt game as well as read some books. It was nice to spend time with them.

Off to work. Have a good day.
I've decided that I'll do 3 nights at Hilton Head (was going to do 4) but since it's a big days drive from Maryland, I'll shorten it up by doing the first night somewhere along the way to be determined by what hotel points I have for a free night. Probably going to be Hilton. After my 3 nights, I'll drive as far as MCO and stay at the offsite Hyatt House near there. It's new right now and should still be a good choice by December. The points price is again, right. It's 8000 Hyatt points, which is easy to earn. Comes with a basic breakfast and I'll be up and out of there and on my way to Boardwalk early Sunday morning to do a regular check in and then maybe to a park.

Our high today is 78 with rain on and off. It's been raining all weekend here. Rain tomorrow also and going to 90 this week.

Are you in the time slot where an annual pass would save you some cash? I don't know and haven't looked as I rarely if ever book regular Disney rooms since I've had DVC since 2000, but when I used to go more often I used my AP to get regular rooms. Of course that drags you down the rabbit hole of going back more often.

Nice to see your grands as often as you do. I'm trying to see my son's more often but it's impossible during the week and on weekends, maybe once a month works. My DD's two girls are also busy with school, swimming and gymnastics. I did see them last weekend for a short visit here. Come June there's a family wedding (on ex's side at Virginia Tech as the couple graduated from there) just as school ends. Ex will then be taking them back to Colorado with him. Not sure for how long or if he is playing it by ear. Oldest is fine but the younger one is a different personality and will want to come home after 2 or 3 days.

In July we will be doing a beach trip as usual. Just 3 to 4 nights. I'm also thinking of a New England trip this year after labor day. My focus would be Newport and the Cape as I still have friends there and it's been quite a while.

Good foggy morning. 60 overnight, going to 77 later on, storms this afternoon. I managed to get 85% of the lawn mowed last night with the rider, but have to wait to see if the lawn dries out from the fog and dew before I can finish. Storms tomorrow too, then near 90 on Wednesday

Watched Idol last night. Loretta Lynn's granddaughter is in the top 5, and I don't think she's all that great. I still have 3 of my original picks in there, but 2 really good ones got sent home last night. This may be the last season I watch.

Have a great day.

1715001038831.png

Bobbiwoz Lovely picture.

@flyingdumbo127 Hope you are finding PT to be helping you.

Good morning. Sunny day with temps heading into the 70s. A day for a walk at the lake. I was at the lake yesterday. I can hear a cardinal in one of the trees as I walk but I just can't see him. I am sure he is up high in a pine tree. I keep looking for the great blue heron but only saw him that one time. I had my weekly meeting with my boss yesterday and more tasks coming my way. I wish they would just hire the person they have budgeted for so they can take on some of the work. I am fine with adding what she wants to add now but she can't add much more. So looking forward to being off next week.

Have a good day.

@Snowysmom, so glad you have a vacation coming soon!

We are up early so as to get in a morning swim. They set up the transfer chair so Tom maneuvers it and I can get in and out of the pool. My shoulder injury prevents me from using my left arm to go up/down steep ladders. It worked yesterday and I was so happy for the exercise!

The Halloween party dates were announced, and our September cruise ends on one date. Just in case, I had booked two nights at BLT after the cruise, so we’re set!

@Judique, so nice that your DD will join you for Thanksgiving away. A friend, Dorothy, here as @Simba's Mom, traditionally spends Thanksgiving at HH. Last year they bought the Thanksgiving meal at Fresh Market. One year I drove down with a cousin, and we met there after Thanksgiving. It was when B’Lou and Shadow were still there, 2014.

1715078298496.jpeg

Good Morning everyone :grouphug:

Thanks dear Snowysmom. No PT update yet. I thank God that in His perfect way and time all will work out and already has just fine. I'm very grateful you have next week off. Please take care of yourself! I realize how easy it us to say from here, you know I do so with care and love, tell your boss enough is enough!

Dear Bobbi, si many, especualky it sounds like at WDW have sure been extra graced by God to meet you. Healing and healthy prayer always.

Morning All.

Going to be getting some bad weather today and tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be home from work by the time it starts but it's not looking good.

Not much going on. Evan is supposed to deliver my mulch on Friday. I decided to get a scoop instead of bags this year. I asked Mitchell to help me spread it Saturday morning, we're supposed to get rain Saturday afternoon. I think I'll get my flowers and tomato plants Thursday after work. I don't have a garden in the yard and I really wanted some raised plant boxes built in front of the deck but that never came about so I'll just get some Home Depot buckets for the tomato plants and paint them so they kinda look nice.

Forgot to watch NCIS last night. I recorded it so I might watch it tonight. The Reds play at home tonight but I think it will get rained out. I have a meeting during lunch today so I'll catch up on my YouTube vloggers when I get home.

I've been trying to eat better and not go out, it's hard. I wanted to order lunch with everyone over the weekend at work but I stuck with my packed lunch. Yesterday I was so hungry on the way home from work, I really wanted to stop at Chipotle but I didn't. I keep telling myself that I can stop there on Wednesday, just make it through another day/night.

That's it for me. Have a great day!

I don't have a garden in the yard and I really wanted some raised plant boxes built in front of the deck but that never came about so I'll just get some Home Depot buckets for the tomato plants and paint them so they kinda look nice.
I do buckets for my tomatoes too - upcycled from kitty litter. :cat: :cat:

Mine are on the back deck, so I've never bothered to paint them, but maybe I will this time. What do you use?

Forgot to watch NCIS last night. I recorded it so I might watch it tonight.
I'm watching it now! (DISing on the commercials instead of fast-forwarding them :laughing: )

I do buckets for my tomatoes too - upcycled from kitty litter. :cat: :cat:

Mine are on the back deck, so I've never bothered to paint them, but maybe I will this time. What do you use?

I'm watching it now! (DISing on the commercials instead of fast-forwarding them :laughing: )
I've never painted buckets before so I have no idea what type of spray paint to get. I'll ask my sister, she's always painting something. Good idea about reusing cat litter buckets, I don't think I'll have an empty one by this weekend. I'll try to remember in the next couple of weeks to keep the empty one and maybe I'll put peppers in that one.

I always forget that I'm watching something recorded so I don't fast forward thru the commercials. By the time I remember that I could have FF, the show is back on.

Good afternoon. I'm a very slow mover today. Never fell asleep until 4 am and the cats woke me at 7:05. I went back to sleep until almost 9. They said we'd have storms today, but it's sunny and 73, heading for 80. It was very foggy and muggy this morning, we had sudden downpours last night that dumped a ton of rain.

I took the trash down to the street, and put my hanging planter back out front. I had to run out in the rain to grab it last night.

Going to make my grocery list and maybe go weedwack the bank out front before it gets too warm.
Have a good rest of the day.

1715098022244.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter