Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Wishing all the Quackers well, both new and old. @Donald we have a lot in common. People here know my mom lived with us for 25 yrs and we took care of her through hospice at home, where she passed at 94. I agree, it was a privelege to do that for her. We had a give and take relationship forever. I was missing her yesterday. DD and I are nurses so that made it a little easier, I think, but physically and emotionally it was still really hard work. Bless you all.

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive words…! 🙂
She had a bit of a rough day today.
She has 4 children (2 boys with 2 girls in between), and her younger daughter has been a bit of a mess for years now. The other 3, including DWifey, continue leading full and productive lives, as they always have.
That daughter called MIL about 10 times today, and she didn’t answer any of them. She’s tired of the head games, but she’s also very sad that the situation with her younger daughter, obviously, isn’t going resolve before she passes.
When I checked on her (as I do often) at one point this morning, she was crying. I sat and talked with her for about an hour, before I needed to take DS to work, reassuring her that there are so many more that love and respect her, and suggesting to maybe concentrate more on that.
To be frank, it hasn’t always been all sunshine and puppies (although it has been mostly good) between her and I over the years.
Funny thing is, since I’ve been home full-time with her, our relationship has been nothin’ but puppies and sunshine…!!!!! 😅 (Sorry, had to throw in a little levity, as I’m gettin’ a bit misty.)

Anyway, thank you so much again for your kind words and support, and bless you all, as well…!!! 🙂

Keep cool Donald! I am a ready for summer weather here...maybe not 100 but you know :)

😅
Thanks…!!! 🙂
Fortunately, we’re used to triple digit temps during late spring/summer/early fall. Back in 2011 we had a record 90 days (not consecutive) of 100 degrees or above heat, and I think this past summer was about 75 total days of same…? 🤔
Our record high static air temp was 112 degrees, in both 2000 and 2011, with our “real feels” many days going up into the 120’s…yes, we may be a bit loopy-ish…!!!!! 🙃🤪🤣😉

Last edited:
I like a good summer day, but steady temps like that might just do me in!

It's raining here, supposed to be in the 50s all day. I plan to do some indoor chores and maybe curl up with a book and a cat.

I watched the twins after school yesterday, so it was nice to hear all their news. A bird built a nest outside one of their windows, so they showed me the babies - soooo cute!! And little miss and I put up some new decorations in her room.

Hug PollyannaMom and truly God Bless you and those precious kids. Thank you always for all the constant love you guve them.

Hug Donald and yikes. I do remember several years ago one day when it reached 120 here. I was working at church day camp. It was still in the 100s later that night. Not intending to complain ever. I pray to be grateful in all. I woukd rather not have that high a heat again!

Good Morning, Happy Thursday:grouphug:to all.

Good Friday Eve Everyone! :sunny:

Used my c-pap machine last night so I had a very good sleep, only wished I could have slept about 1 or 2 more hours.😴

Was able to get on another hair study for a P&G product. I did the last one back in the fall and my hair never looked better so I was excited to get on this one 🙂. Plus the payment for doing the study isn't bad either.😏

Met up with Evan, Bailey, and Mia for dinner last night. We went to Frisch's since they have a breakfast buffet on Wednesday nights. I thought Mia would like that since she loves breakfast food 🍳🥞. She's in a phase now that she cries (loudly) when Evan or Bailey leaves so last night was real fun when one of them got up to get their food. She did it when I got up too so I only left the table that one time. I bought her a kid's size watering can but then found out that Bailey doesn't do flowers 😒. I have some flowers left over so I thing I'll put a couple of them in some small pots and take them to their house. Hopefully someone helps her remember to water her flowers.🪴

Bailey took her to a little play place by their house a couple of weeks ago and she just played with the baby stroller most of the time. She's always trying to push her big stroller around so I found one for her at Meijer the other night. I gave that to her last night and she was having so much fun. Bailey just texted me and said as soon as Mia woke up this morning, she went right to the stroller. We had her little pig in it last night, apparently his turn was over b/c her cup got to go for a ride this morning. She just cracks me up.☺️

Got home in time to watch Survivor. Next week is the finale. Okay with who went home but another idol not used 🤔. Last night was the finale for The Amazing Race. Wasn't happy with the winners and I could tell they were going to win so I didn't even watch to the end 😠. The team I was hoping to win made a huge mistake when asking for directions and that basically knocked them out.😖

Going to attempt to make stuffed peppers on Sunday 🫑. Usually when I make this, I chop up the peppers and put them in the mix but I'll try to stuff them this time. Hopefully they turn out good so I can take some up to my aunt. I haven't been up to visit in months. I just haven't been cooking so I don't think to stop up. I feel really bad so I'm going to make an effort to get up there Sunday.:hyper2:

That's about it, back to work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. I wanted to get out in the garden before it got too warm. It's sunny and 72, going to 80. Rain moving in tonight. I have 24 tomato plants in the ground. Fertilized, staked, tied, and watered. I'm giving my back a break before I go out to plant the summer squash, zucchini and cukes. I don't care for cukes, but I love watching them grow, lol. I just give them to my neighbor in exchange for something else in their garden.

I watched Survivor last night and I'm very happy with who went home. Am I mistaken or has everyone in the jury gone home with either an idol or advantage in their pockets? @footballmouse.

Calling for rain the next 4 days, so I guess I'll try and get the seeds in the ground. The rain will help them germinate and once the sun comes back out, they'll sprout.

Have a good Thursday

1715871554620.png

I watched Survivor last night and I'm very happy with who went home. Am I mistaken or has everyone in the jury gone home with either an idol or advantage in their pockets? @footballmouse.
You are correct. Very confident people in this group.

By the way, your garden sounds like it's going to be so good, love everything you've planted.

Good Friday morning!:woohoo:

Wow, slow board lately.:surfweb:

Supposed to rain today and it's already started ☔. My grass guy said he'd be over today to cut the grass but I doubt that will happen. Two weeks since my grass has been cut and I'm really over this. I just don't like depending on someone to keep my yard looking nice. I take the time to keep my landscaping & flowers looking nice and then my grass looks like crap. Rant over, just a little mad.😡

Made the stuffed peppers last night and that was a bust 🫑. Followed the recipe and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to cook the rice or not. Well my sister said that she never cooks the ingredients for her peppers first, puts everything in together, so I didn't. After baking for 40 minutes, the rice wasn't cooked. I said something to my sisters and 2 of them said I should have cooked the rice and the other one said again, she never does. Then she tells me that she bakes her peppers for 3 hours!!!! Seriously, you left that part out the first time I asked 🤔! I hate cooking.

I have to work nightshift this weekend so hopefully it won't be too busy, cause I'm going to be tired. Tomorrow night we're bring cook-out type food so I said I'd bring my aunt's maccaroni salad (it's so good 🙂). I need to stop at Kroger on the way home and get what I need and then get it put together before I leave tonight. It taste a lot better when it sits in the fridge over night.

That's about it for me, have a great day & weekend.:wave:

Donald Thinking of your family and your MIL. Your kindnesses to her are so wonderful. She is so well cared for and loved.

Good morning. Back from WDW. We got up at 4:15 AM yesterday to get the Mears bus to the airport at 6 for a 9 am flight. The flight was delayed until 12 pm due to a mechanical issue. The pilot said they had trouble getting the part so he stole a plane for us. We got to Boston around 3:10, got our luggage, and luckily a Logan Express bus pulled up just as we got out there. Great timing! The drive back to the condo was in rush hour traffic so it was stop and go for a bit until I got past the big exits everyone takes. Unpacked, did a laundry, was starving so found some food. We ate breakfast at 8 am but only a snack on the plane.

The trip was nice. It was a slower trip than I am used to but Chris always told me to slow down. My friend looked up and told Chris she was making me slow down. :) She knew Chris. I am a go go go person. Tuesday while she rested in the room I took a walk around the lake at Boardwalk. It was nice to see the other resorts as well as the Swan and Dolphin. Wednesday we went to Epcot and walked around World Showcase. It was probably not the best for my friend but we rested alot and it was not too hot. We also talked alot about life and what is going on and what has gone on. She has been so supportive. Brown Derby lunch was really good. WE had the Cobb salad. Plaza restaurant was good too. We had milkshakes with our sandwiches. A real treat! We had margaritas at Joe's Margaritas on Boardwalk. There must have been a nest of birds somewhere on our balcony as we would hear cheep cheep cheep at 3 in the morning. Then birds would be hopping around on the balcony. We did Soarin which was what she really wanted to do and got on other rides. I was glad to get away from reality. We had our now annual BFF trip each May for 3 years now. She is looking up Nova Scotia tours for next May that leave from either MA or NH. She texted this morning that she found one the leaves from NH. She will research and get back to me. No flying next year.

Being back is a bit of a challenge and I did cry alot when I first got back but I have lunch with my other wonderful friend today, Kenny invited me to dinner tonight for pizza, tomorrow is Ethan and Owen's baseball game. Then we are going to a WW II and Vietnam War museum nearby. They have tanks which Owen will love. He wants to be a tank driver. Then Sunday is Charlotte's dance recital and Luke and Sam's family birthday parties. My grandbaby Sam will be 2 on the 21st. So busy weekend. And I want to fit in some work. My choice, not that I have to do it.

2 pictures. One is the view from our hotel room. The other is in Epcot.

Have a good day.

Attachments

• Boardwalk view May 24.jpg
    Boardwalk view May 24.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 7
  • B & B Epcot May 24.jpg
    B & B Epcot May 24.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 7
Good cloudy morning. Warm out, but calling for showers this afternoon. Rain tomorrow then nice on Sunday. I can look outside and see nothing that has to be done for a change. (only things left to do are pressure wash the house and the deck and put another coat of waterproofing on the deck and ramp.). Those are chores for another time when I have a lot of energy.

Watched series finale of Young Sheldon last night and then the series finale of So Help Me Todd. I loved that show, but the ending sucked. They were cancelled before they could write a better ending and left it with a cliffhanger.

I'm going to vacuum the kitchen and then wash it. Rugs are already in the washer

@Snowysmom Glad you had a nice trip, even if you did things slower. Sometimes it's better to slow down. Sounds like you have a very busy weekend in store. I love the picture of Belle and Beast!

Have a great day everyone

1715952843141.png

Big hug dear Snowysmom and welcome home. Slowing down can be a healthy and healing, faith building thing. I am so thankful you had a goid trip.

I have spent most of today catching up on zzzs. Last night was a harder one. I did reach out to a new pt company yesterday that I sure pray to hear back from on Monday.

Have a good evening dear friends:grouphug:

but I doubt that will happen. Two weeks since my grass has been cut and I'm really over this. I just don't like depending on someone to keep my yard looking nice.
I feel for you! Our guy is super sweet, but also has major problems keeping to a schedule.

Made the stuffed peppers last night and that was a bust 🫑. Followed the recipe and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to cook the rice or not.
I always cook mine!

Then we are going to a WW II and Vietnam War museum nearby. They have tanks which Owen will love.
Oooh, that sounds like something my "honorary nephew" would love! Where is it or what is it called?

We had a fair about of tears while watched the end of Young Sheldon!
I still have it in my DVR to watch over the weekend. - I'll have the tissues ready!

Welcome back, @Snowysmom - great pics!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter