Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Watching way too much tv, so I will not embarrass myself by listing it all.

On now: Star Trek Discovery
Most excited about: Call the Midwife
Most behind on: New episodes of Outlander, love the show but just haven't found time to fit it in.

I had so much DVC point 'housekeeping' to do today, since we had to cancel our May Hawaii rooms, that it has taken up most of my time since the member website has been a disaster the past couple days, finally got that all done though.

Best thing so far today: I got a bunch of lemons from my neighbor's tree!!!!! I have some potatoes to use up this week so I am absolutely going to be making some delicious Greek potatoes!

Dinner plans: I think I am finally making lasagna today, it has been on my list for a bit but I haven't gotten to it.

I honestly do not get a chance to watch that much t.v. but since I had today off, I was able to catch up on some Disney world blogs and watching Everybody Loves Raymond reruns. Unfortunately working in Dialysis during this pandemic has me working more days than usual and long hours (the norm is 16 hours 3x per week) I have a trip booked the second week of September and I'm REALLY hoping it will be a go, I really need a vacation soon.

Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum (which I also REALLY enjoy!)

I watched a couple episodes of that with my niece and nephew when it first came on. - I agree it's great!

I also watched Emergence; it was okay and I personally think it's not going to last.

I did enjoy it, but I agree with you. I'm afraid it's just too complicated to really take off.

Question for 3/29: What are ya'll watching on tv?

We don't actually watch much tv at all. We used to watch the DC shows on The CW, but kinda lost interest.

Although we should catch up on Supernatural.

My kids and I watched the first four episodes of One Punch Man last night. That show is crazy.

I just bought Cities: Skylines yesterday for PC. That's going to take up a lot of my time. It's free to play this weekend then you can buy it for $5.99. I was surprised my laptop could run it, actually

We are also planning on watching more movies. Each family member gets to pick one. Instead of voting or saying "I dunno, whatever you want is fine." We each pick one, no argument. Probably starting tomorrow. I think we will watch more One Punch Man tonight.

Thank you all for keeping this thread going. I love reading kind stories and moments of cheer :) I pray doing so brings each of you peace as well.

Three good things for today:

Watching another online Worship service. It's message was of the Good Samaritan and of how interconnected by God we each are. Let us reach out to one another in care--reminded me of this lovely thread :)

I wrote out over 30 encouragement (I pray) messages to both elderly and other folks who might be most in need of extra mail cheer right how as part of my church's relief effort (I am the card lady lol :) It brightened my day to think of each of the friends as I wrote to them.

A lovely PM from a friend on the Dis.

I also enjoy sometimes watching Love it or List it. For anyone else, who may have On Demand, do your episodes ever change? Mine sure don't! Also it seems HGTV cycles through the same episodes. I'd love to see earlier seasons instead. I know I can watch on the computer but prefer on a bigger screen :) I also enjoy smaller HGTV shows such as Log Cabin Living and Lakefront Bargain Hunt. Cozy way to travel without leaving home. I should check out some episodes of old favorite show such as Family Ties, Northern Exposure, and even cartoons like He-Man or The Smurfs online. I have a lot of the Touched by an Angel episodes on DVD, that'd be a good show to watch right now, too.

Sunday hug and Blessing to all!

I also enjoy sometimes watching Love it or List it. For anyone else, who may have On Demand, do your episodes ever change? Mine sure don't! Also it seems HGTV cycles through the same episodes. I'd love to see earlier seasons instead.

We have eight seasons available via On Demand here, and actually just watched S5:E1, which I had never seen. (Warning, though - we thought both homeowners were rude to Hillary and David!)

Today I made beef stroganoff baked potatoes. Pasta has been hard to get here, but I had a bag of potatoes, so we had to improvise. It ended up being really good.

I’ve been binge watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix. It relaxes me. I’ve also been keeping up with all the DIS Unplugged videos on YouTube. As far as regular tv goes, I’ve been watching Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, The Rookie, 9-1-1, Survivor, Top Chef, SVU, This Is Us, and Superstore.

Last edited:
Pollyanna Mom, that's great your On Demand offers so many seasons. Last year, the episodes said something like "available until 12/31" within the description. I had hoped that meant come, January 1st, there would be new episodes of L or L and other shows as well, did not happen. Now (I think) most of them they are available through July 1st. ETA: I checked and I am able to watch On Demand Seasons 6-8. What is confusing online doing an episode search in Google, somehow there are 14 seasons of the show? I realize some of them are the "Hilary and David Tell All" about an old episode but it could be clearer. Sometimes the homeowners could be much nicer that is for sure.

Aurora79, I've never figured out the secret to baking potatoes properly! They never seem to be fully cooked or taste right...I used to sometimes get one at Wendy's and even though (I a guessing) they use microwaved baked potatoes instead of "real" ones in an oven, those tasted better than my own effort. I hope you enjoyed your meal :)

Last edited:
Aurora79, I've never figured out the secret to baking potatoes properly! They never seem to be fully cooked or taste right...I used to sometimes get one at Wendy's and even though (I a guessing) they use microwaved baked potatoes instead of "real" ones in an oven, those tasted better than my own effort. I hope you enjoyed your meal :)

I just washed and dried them, tossed them in olive oil, and baked them on a baking sheet at 350 for an hour. It worked pretty well!

I honestly do not get a chance to watch that much t.v. but since I had today off, I was able to catch up on some Disney world blogs and watching Everybody Loves Raymond reruns. Unfortunately working in Dialysis during this pandemic has me working more days than usual and long hours (the norm is 16 hours 3x per week) I have a trip booked the second week of September and I'm REALLY hoping it will be a go, I really need a vacation soon.
We enjoy Everybody loves Raymond re runs too. Our favorite episode is The 10th Anniversary. Very funny, and sweet.
You must be so busy working with dialysis patients. I hope you do get Your vacation in Sept. Fingers crossed! :flower:

I am also very happy about Call The Midwife tonight! I love that show. Of course, I always need a Kleenex.

We also really like Top Chef. It's great it's back, but I think they had to pause production at some point.

We are on our second round of viewing The repair shop on Netflix. Such sweet stories and talented repair experts. It's a nice show to enjoy at the end of the day. :flower1:

I forgot to mention that I like Miracle Workers on TBS. One of the few shows that makes me laugh out loud.

Right now, DH and I just discovered Locke & Key on Netflix. I don't know how he feels - he's easily creeped out - but 2 episodes down and I'm sucked in :)

Tonight I watched Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band from 1978 with Peter Frampton and The Bee Gees. Lots of nostalgia for me. It came out the summer before I began college. Frampton was such a cutie as was Paul “Heaven on the 7th Floor “ Nicholas. Not a great film, but a fun way to kill 2 hours. I couldn’t take the “music” on the Elton special, though their hearts are in the right place.

Last edited:
Decided to start watching Downton Abbey because a few people I work with really enjoy it.

I went straight from a Marvel Movie marathon with all the things blowing up and CGI to DA and I was hooked in about 20 minutes (maybe less).

I am not sure which season I am on, though. Either 4 or I might have moved into 5. I'm just binge watching on my weekends.

Decided to start watching Downton Abbey because a few people I work with really enjoy it.

I went straight from a Marvel Movie marathon with all the things blowing up and CGI to DA and I was hooked in about 20 minutes (maybe less).

I am not sure which season I am on, though. Either 4 or I might have moved into 5. I'm just binge watching on my weekends.

I tried to watch Downton Abbey a couple years ago but did not get in to it. I started it up again before the quarantine and totally got hooked, it is now one of my favorite shows. I was so sad when I finally played the last episode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter