Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. Cloudy out and will only be upper 50's. They can't decide if we're going to have drizzle or just clouds. It dumped down rain and we had a 2 hour thunderstorm last night.

I called Dave to see if he could put up the garden fence Sunday, but he's leaving to take the grandkids to Disney World. He was hoping to do it today, but it looks like I may have to wait until he comes back. It may be Memorial Day before I can do any planting out there.

Nothing else new around here. Same old same old, just like @easyas123

Have a good day everyone

1715351354652.png

Wow quiet thread. Prayers each of you had a good day and will have/are having right now, sweet dreams tonight. PT update from a new company that I had emailed was that they would charge MORE money than the company Karen (No reply today from her) would. Dad and I honestly needing to figure that out. We definitely are not able to afford more. I keep my strong faith. I absolutely know God has this and always has me. Of course He loves each of dear you, too. Good night, friends.

Have a good Mothers Day weekend everyone.
Same to you!

...PT update from a new company that I had emailed was that they would charge MORE money than the company Karen (No reply today from her) would.
Sometimes "the perfect is the enemy of the good." - I don't remember where I heard that quote, but maybe it's worth rearranging your schedule a little to accommodate the one that was willing to come to your house, but at a less convenient time? I would hate to see you in pain longer than necessarily.

@PollyannaMom I agree with your advice to Mona. Sometimes it is worth a bit of inconvenience to get what you need.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you can find what you need for PT.

Good morning. It is a chilly 36 degrees here right now, going into the 50s today. I am going to Ethan and Owen's baseball game. The soon to be ex is dropping them off so I may see her. I just want to remain cordial. Then I will be packing for my trip and getting the condo ready. I am nervous about finding a parking space at Logan Express but Jeff has been kind enough to tell me that if we can't find spaces we can park at his house. The makes me feel better. Today is Luke's friends birthday party. He will be 7 on Tuesday. Next weekend is the family party.

Happy Mother's Day to all. Have a good weekend.

Sometimes "the perfect is the enemy of the good." - I don't remember where I heard that quote, but maybe it's worth rearranging your schedule a little to accommodate the one that was willing to come to your house, but at a less convenient time? I would hate to see you in pain longer than necessarily.

1000% this. Dumbo - I think PollyannaMom makes a good point, perhaps you could rethink your approach in order to make things work.

Same to you!

Thank you all so much always for you and your love and kindness. The super early time or later evening time just don't work. The cost is also a huge factor. I will be exploring options much more come Monday. Please be assured God willing before June I will have made more progress. Love to all.

Good morning. Cloudy with chance of rain this afternoon. Temps mid 60's.

Dave came after dinner and we got the garden fence up and a gate built, finished just before dark. When he comes back from Disney, he'll do the gutter on the shed and the one the tree damaged on the house, and a couple of other little things that need to be done.
Bed is stripped and remade, and both bathrooms are cleaned. When I came in last night it was almost 8:30 and too late to make dinner so I grabbed a bowl of cereal. Might make a breakfast croissant, I'm hungry.

Have a safe, fun trip @Snowysmom . Make some happy new memories

Happy Saturday all !

1715434871684.png

Mother-in-law had a good night last night…!!! :-)
Which leads me to a little more about myself/us…
Currently, DWifey and myself live in the same home with our special needs DS (31) and my terminally ill mother-in-law (88).
DWifey has a job with an accounting firm and DS works at Goodwill.
I was in the architecture field for over 42 years (31+ years with the same firm), but am now semi-retired, and at home full-time helping take care of MIL.
We are told she is expected to live only about another 6-8 months, and she is too frail for any surgeries or other treatments.
She was recently admitted into hospice care, but it’s not to the point where hospice needs to be here a good portion of the day. She’s almost a complete invalid, to the point where we need to move her from her chair in her room to her bed at night and back in the morning, to and from the restroom, etc. She is in mild pain from time to time and also experiences some breathing issues.
All that being said, DWifey, both of our DDs and sister-in-law just left with MIL for a girls afternoon out to a nice wine bar for Mother’s Day…MIL does still love her some wine, from time to time…! :-)
We lived in the same home in northwest Austin for 33+ years, but moved to a new home even further northwest at the end of last year, to be closer to our granddaughters…!!! 😊
Both of my folks (unfortunately, FIL passed almost 2 decades ago) are doing well, although they have slowed down some, and Pop is pretty hard of hearing (power tools with no ear protection over the years). Mom is 85 and Pop will turn 92 this coming Jan. 1st.

Anyway, current weather is cloudy and 81 degrees, and I’m just chillin’ in front of the TV this afternoon.
Hope you’re all havin’ a great Saturday…!!! :-)

Good morning. Cloudy out and will only be upper 50's. They can't decide if we're going to have drizzle or just clouds. It dumped down rain and we had a 2 hour thunderstorm last night.

I called Dave to see if he could put up the garden fence Sunday, but he's leaving to take the grandkids to Disney World. He was hoping to do it today, but it looks like I may have to wait until he comes back. It may be Memorial Day before I can do any planting out there.

Nothing else new around here. Same old same old, just like @easyas123

Have a good day everyone

View attachment 858331

Thanks…!!!
Hope you’re havin’ a good day, too…!!! 🙂

@PollyannaMom I agree with your advice to Mona. Sometimes it is worth a bit of inconvenience to get what you need.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you can find what you need for PT.

Good morning. It is a chilly 36 degrees here right now, going into the 50s today. I am going to Ethan and Owen's baseball game. The soon to be ex is dropping them off so I may see her. I just want to remain cordial. Then I will be packing for my trip and getting the condo ready. I am nervous about finding a parking space at Logan Express but Jeff has been kind enough to tell me that if we can't find spaces we can park at his house. The makes me feel better. Today is Luke's friends birthday party. He will be 7 on Tuesday. Next weekend is the family party.

Wow, 36 is too chilly for me…!!! 🥶😉
Thanks, hope you have a great trip, and are also havin’ a great weekend…!!! 🙂

Good morning. Cloudy with chance of rain this afternoon. Temps mid 60's.

Dave came after dinner and we got the garden fence up and a gate built, finished just before dark. When he comes back from Disney, he'll do the gutter on the shed and the one the tree damaged on the house, and a couple of other little things that need to be done.
Bed is stripped and remade, and both bathrooms are cleaned. When I came in last night it was almost 8:30 and too late to make dinner so I grabbed a bowl of cereal. Might make a breakfast croissant, I'm hungry.

Have a safe, fun trip @Snowysmom . Make some happy new memories

Happy Saturday all !

View attachment 858525

Same to you…!!! 🙂

97E58DB5-A448-41A6-9967-D56B4C17FA3B.jpeg

Donald The care your family is giving to your MIL is wonderful. I can see the love and caring in the words. It is tough sometimes I am sure but it is such a kindness. I like that she is having a Mother's Day adventure with the girls. A glass of wine is always a good thing!

I am having some anxiety about the trip. I think I am so concerned that my friend will have a good time that I am stressing. I can't control how things go at the parks or while traveling so just need to take it one thing at a time. We will just go with whatever and I will make tentative plans that may or may not happen. I have to remember that if she finds Disney is not her place then that is what it is. She has been twice before but not since 2011. I know we will be OK and if she just wants to spend the evening reading a book in the room and I want to go to Epcot, I am sure she will not mind if I go myself. I already know she wants to take a slower pace than I am used to so I will have to slow down and smell the popcorn. I am all packed so not stressing about that any more. What is packed is packed and if it isn't in the suitcase then either I don't need it or I can buy it there.

Have a nice week.

To anyone who thinks that there is no good customer service anymore, be a customer of Chewy. I had an issue with an order the other day. The tracking # they sent me for Fed Ex didn't exist. I got on a chat, and she couldn't get it to work either. So she sent a replacement order, telling me if the other one showed up, to just keep both.

Both orders came yesterday

While we were chatting, she asked me how my furry family was. I mentioned that one of my cats, Smidget, had passed away a day or 2 earlier. She expressed her sympathy.

Imagine my surprise when Fed Ex delivered a long box to me today. It said Fresh Flowers on the side. I opened it and inside was a dozen long stemmed roses, a glass vase, and a card, From the rep I talked to and all of 'my Chewy family'. Their kindness and thoughtfulness left me in tears.
I got on another chat to find out who to send a thank you note to. She said just knowing it made your day, and letting you know that all customers are members of the Chewy Family was enough

I did find the address for the corporate headquarters, and wrote a nice note, tucked it into a thank you card, and stuck it in the mail for pick up.

I always knew they had excellent customer service, but this went above and beyond. They have a customer for life!
1715462990421.jpeg

Donald The care your family is giving to your MIL is wonderful. I can see the love and caring in the words. It is tough sometimes I am sure but it is such a kindness. I like that she is having a Mother's Day adventure with the girls. A glass of wine is always a good thing!

I am having some anxiety about the trip. I think I am so concerned that my friend will have a good time that I am stressing. I can't control how things go at the parks or while traveling so just need to take it one thing at a time. We will just go with whatever and I will make tentative plans that may or may not happen. I have to remember that if she finds Disney is not her place then that is what it is. She has been twice before but not since 2011. I know we will be OK and if she just wants to spend the evening reading a book in the room and I want to go to Epcot, I am sure she will not mind if I go myself. I already know she wants to take a slower pace than I am used to so I will have to slow down and smell the popcorn. I am all packed so not stressing about that any more. What is packed is packed and if it isn't in the suitcase then either I don't need it or I can buy it there.

Have a nice week.

Thank you, but it’s the least we can do for her, as she was a good military wife for many years, and did everything she could for her family. She deserves the care we can give her, for as long as we can.
Also, they are back now, and MIL is feeling pretty good…!!!!! 😂
I do, genuinely, love her…!!! 😊

As far as your trip is concerned, just relax and go with the flow. Back in the day, we used to be Park commandos, but in recent years we’ve backed off a bit from that, and it’s much more enjoyable, actually, for us anyway, as we just enjoy being in the moment…!!! 😊
I very much hope y’all both have a relaxing, enjoyable trip…!!! 🙂

:grouphug:and extra🙏God Bless you and your family. Thank you for the extra care you are giving your MIL.

Thank you very much, as she very much deserves the loving care we can give her, that others can’t.
But, I know it’s only going to get worse for her from here on out. I remember her when she was much younger and vibrant, when I first started dating DWifey, and it’s going to be hard witnessing her deterioration.
Sorry, didn’t mean to bring the thread down, but thank you again for your kind words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter