Question about add-ons

allaboutmm

DIS Veteran
Question about the add-ons. We are not DVC members yet (tax-time, little $ back, ya know what I mean) my question is, when you add on do you
-buy at the same place/and use year, so you can make a long ressie @ the 11 month mark- wouldn't this benifit you the most?

Or am I just missing the add-on boat all together?

When you buy an add-on through Disney, you will get the same Use Year you already have.

I have added on at different resorts, in order to get the 11-month home resort booking advantage.

O.K. now, if you have 150 @ OKW and 50 @ SSR, with the same Use Year=200 total. when calling to make a ressie at SSR @ 11 mo out you could only book 50 points worth and wait 7mo out to book the remaining 150(from OKW) for your SSR ressie? Am I correct? So having the same "home resort" would work when adding on?

At the 11-month mark, you can book a reservation at one of your home resorts using only the points you own at that particular home resort.

At the 7-month mark, you can combine all your points and book at any DVC resort.

The 'advantage' of having more than one home resort is to have the 11-month booking window. A small add on works best via banking/borrowing.

In your example you have 150 OKW and 50 SSR points.

Year one, bank your 50 SSR points and make a 150 OKW vacation at 11-months.

Year two, use your 50 SSR banked points, 50 allocation points, and borrow 50 points from the next year. Then make a 150 point reservation at SSR at 11-months. And also have a 150 point OKW vacation

Year three, you already used your 50 SSR points, so go ahead and make your 150 point OKW vacation

Years 4, 5, 6: Repeat the same pattern.

By banking/borrowing the smaller contracts, you can have triple the points to use once every 3 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter