Question about DME and switching resorts when renting DVC points

bbak30

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We are booked at The Poly from a Thursday-Tuesday. I'm waiting on SW to release flights, our will be in the next round. I had my eye on a 5:35am flight that was pretty consistent on all Thursdays but it's not longer offered on this next 6 weeks of flights. I don't know how much of a predictor that is for the future....
Anyway, I'm considering taking a later flight in on Wednesday so we can have a full park day on Thursday. We would stay somewhere like ASSp and would want to use the DME. We rented DVC points for our Poly stay, so how much of a pain in the behind will it be to set-up DME in the first place, and especially to have to be dropped off somewhere different.

I have been to Disney several times but this is the first time we are using the DME! All tips are appreciated!

Good question. We are doing a split stay. Booked POFQ with our TA for two nights and then ending with rented DVC points at BWV. I'm going to assume my TA would book my DME for arrival and the person I rented points from would book my DME going home?

Since it's a split stay, i'd recommend to contact DME directly at 866-599-0951 when both reservations are booked.

Your other option is to stay at the airport hotel the first night and grab ME to the Poly early the next morning. That way you don’t have to deal with transferring your luggage.

Your other option is to stay at the airport hotel the first night and grab ME to the Poly early the next morning. That way you don’t have to deal with transferring your luggage.

That was my original intent, but the Hyatt is $400 for that one night. Are there other hotels in the airport?

Anyway, I'm considering taking a later flight in on Wednesday so we can have a full park day on Thursday. We would stay somewhere like ASSp and would want to use the DME.

You'll stay at All Star on Wednesday then move to Poly on Thursday? You just set up DME going to the resort for your All Star stay. That's just a phone call to DME when you get your flight (phone number has been mentioned on this forum in the last day or so).

how much of a pain in the behind will it be to set-up DME in the first place, and especially to have to be dropped off somewhere different.

You wouldn't be dropped off somewhere different from Poly. That stay doesn't come into play on Wednesday at all. Just set it up for your All Star stay. And ask the DVC owner you're renting from to set it up going back to the airport at the end of your trip, from Poly. One-way DME arrangements are 100% allowed.

And Luggage Assistance at ASSp will transfer your luggage from there to your DVC Resort on Thursday. Just drop it off with them and head to the parks - it will be moved in the afternoon. After the park, take Disney Transportation to your DVC Resort and either pick up your luggage from Bell Services or call them from your room and they’ll deliver it. No charge for transfer, but tips expected at each end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter