Question about Memorial Day Weekend Crowds

H

hardrockgirl

We are taking our 13 yr. old nephew to USF/IOA for his first trip Memorial Day Weekend and are hoping he will enjoy it as much as we do! Question- how are the crowds in Orlando this weekend? Staying at the Hard Rock so we are not too worried about USF/IOA thanks to express but are also considering a day at Busch Gardens possibly on monday. Would appreciate any comments!

I went during this weekend and crowds weren't too bad. Crowds won't be a major problem since you have room keys.

Thanks for the reply Barry - I know you are the expert. Not really worried about USF/IOA because of those invaluable room keys. Nephew is a coaster fan and thats why we were considering Busch Gardens on Monday - we have never been there. Just didn't now if Monday would be good since unfortunately they wont honor our invaluable room keys from Hard Rock.

Hi, hardrockgirl:

Looove that name! :p

I went last year during the Memorial Day week and was VERY happy to have the Hard Rock keys! I don't even remember the crowds! That's the great thing about the onsite perk, the crowds don't matter to you!

By the way, your 13yo nephew is one LUCKY guy!

Have a great trip!
:D

I would expect Busch Gardens to have an upsurge in attendence that day, so get there early and do the coasters you really want to ride first. The tampa area is not an early rising crowd, especially on a holiday weekend. But by 10:30 or 11:00 expect the dam to burst and the crowd to start arriving :smooth:

Try this strategy for BGT:

1.) Be at the front gates before opening
2.) When the gates open, ride the coasters in this order: Gwazi (both sides), Montu, take the Skyride to the other side of the park, Kumba, Python, Scorpion
3.) Grab a Quick Queue pass for Rhino Rally or do the single rider line
4.) Eat lunch
5.) Do your Quick Queue or take in the other rides and shows at BGT. Take time to look at the animals.
6.) About an hour or so before closing, do your favorite coasters again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter