Question about memory maker

Kandi76

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of adding memory maker to my package and I was wondering is it worth it. Do the photo pass CM's follow you around to take the pictures or do you just walk up to them and ask for a picture. Also they say they catch attraction photos such as splash mountain, what others like those do they take photos of?

There are photopass photographers throughtout the parks and you need to walk up to them. I believe there are available at some character meals as well. As far as attraction photos's it says you need to go up to the picture area at the ride and have them link your photo to your magic band ( I believe which should be linked to your memory maker)

My question is.... do we still have the option to do individual photopass and only pay for the pictures that we want? TIA

I'm not really too sure. That would be what I'd prefer. I don't want a whole slew of pictures that I don't like.

Our family finds this well worth it. When you get the pass you will find that you approach the photographers all the time. We have 3 kids so we allow them each a photo pass ( haven't been there for magic bands yet) and then when we separate they can get there own photos too. We even have completions each day to see who can get a photo with the hardest character all famous six and stuff like that. Last year we had 637 photos on our disks. Down side is lining up at rides and end of day to link photo numbers but to get that picture of your kid on a ride that you cannot take yourself is worth it. Also the family photographer dh get pictures of themselves.

I have heard it is well worth it for the ride pictures, character meals like CRT, RBH and also for BBB. You also (if I am not mistaken) are able to edit pics by adding borders and such before saving them to your computer.

I would love to know what others who have purchased the memory maker think as well. It seems like a really awesome idea! :cool1:

Are the Pirate League pictures included? I wasn't sure if it is the same way before where we had to purchase the picture and then could add it on or if now the digital copy was included?

Are the Pirate League pictures included? I wasn't sure if it is the same way before where we had to purchase the picture and then could add it on or if now the digital copy was included?

I was wondering that as well...

Are there photopass photographers in the Pirate League like the BBB?

Can someone help me understand how it works if you ("the purchaser") of the memory maker is not on a ride...say a child or husband is or extended family? They go to the picture area of that ride and have the CM scan their magic band? I (memory maker purchaser) don't have to be there for every ride do I? Assuming all immediate family and extended family members are linked as friends/family to the memory maker purchaser's account.

I was wondering that as well...

Are there photopass photographers in the Pirate League like the BBB?

They don't have photographers walking around, or at least they didn't the last time we were there. They do take a photo at the end and I think we paid $14.95 or thereabout and then you could add it to your photopass CD.

I think now it is included with the Memory Maker and hoping that someone can clarify that part.

Bump. Curious! We have close to a dozen PP+ CD's so not too sure about Memory maker. I know it's tied to your MB but what about DH and our kiddos. With PP+ we could go
In different directions and add pics later with cards/codes handed out.

I just read on another WDW forum (which shall not be named) that the photo at the Pirate League is included on the MM without having to purchase the photo. :)

They don't have photographers walking around, or at least they didn't the last time we were there. They do take a photo at the end and I think we paid $14.95 or thereabout and then you could add it to your photopass CD. I think now it is included with the Memory Maker and hoping that someone can clarify that part.

Does that mean you can just buy the photo individually if you choose? I myself would really just want the photos from the rides and maybe one outside the castle. I just can fathom paying the $149 for photos I don't like.

Does that mean you can just buy the photo individually if you choose? I myself would really just want the photos from the rides and maybe one outside the castle. I just can fathom paying the $149 for photos I don't like.

That's how it was the last time but it's been about 1 1/2 years since we've done it so hopefully someone can confirm. We're buying the memory maker because I've always had great photos with photopass, especially since we do all of the character meet and greets so we end up with 100's of photos.

That's how it was the last time but it's been about 1 1/2 years since we've done it so hopefully someone can confirm. We're buying the memory maker because I've always had great photos with photopass, especially since we do all of the character meet and greets so we end up with 100's of photos.
Ditto here. We have almost a dozen PP+
CDs that have anywhere from 100-175 pics. I love it when the photographers have fun with us and take pictures of us goofing around or the wee ones acting upset. They throw in surprises for us to see later.

Yep, you can purchase individual photos for $15 each. There is a product that's only available in the parks called Attractions + that gives you all your ride photos that I believe costs $50, so you would only have to get 4 ride photos to make that worth it.

My family and I recently completed a 4/5 day trip a few weeks ago and we got our Memory Maker for free. It was included in the package we bought.

I think if the Memory Maker wasn't included, we would have bought the deal anyway. It's well worth the money especially if you're staying longer. This was extremely convenient for us because we didn't have to worry about an individual photopass. This is really nice, because it just hooks up with your FastPass+ band (if you're staying on site) and keeps everything organized. I'm not sure about the Pirate League yet, my nephew will be doing it in October!

As for having groups separated and taking pictures with Memory Maker. . .
I believe as long as you have every magic band in your party synced together on the My Disney Experience page you should be fine. If you have the reservation up on the MDE page and your party is there, then the reservation SHOULD be linked for MM. That was at least true for my party when I visited. For a more complete answer, I'd call Disney. That's the only way I believe you can get further details.

Have a safe and fun trip! :)

We went to the park twice towards the end of last year within the *window* for the MM to use on both of them - and it was WELL worth the cost to get all the pictures over the course of two quick (one trip was 2 days and one trip was 4 days) trips to WDW with our family. It's SO much easier to flash your Magic Band and have the photography cast members take your photo than lugging out your own camera and hoping for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter