Question about tipping....

Alice in Lawyerland

Earning My Ears
OK...since this is the "tip" board, I'm asking a question about tipping. I'm staying at the Polynesian for 11 nights. What I'm wondering is this: do I leave money EACH morning, or do I set it aside and leave it the morning we check-out? Also, is $2.00/night enough since there is only two of us and we're both adults, so it's pretty much just make the bed and leave new towels. My concern with setting it aside and leaving it the morning of check-out is that a different maid will get our room that day and get $25.00 for that one morning!!! Not that I want to get really personal, but how much do others tip per night and when do you leave it?

Thanks guys!!!!

:p

$2 for 2 persons is just OK, you can take some envelopes with you and leave it every day.

I think that $2 is fine. I usually leave $2 or $3 for DH and me, depending on how messy the room is and how many 1's I have. You do need to leave it each day, though. They try to get the same person to clean the room most of the time, but that person can't work 7 days a week. You don't want to end up leaving the entire tip for someone who only cleaned your room once.

On our last trip we stayed at AKL & OKW. I left the tip with the little housekeeping card the housekeeper leaves in the room. Also, I usually took a few minutes to write a handwriten thank you. You do not always get the same housekeeper every day.

We stayed at the Poly in April and we left a tip in the envelope and stuck it in the frame of the bathroom mirror. Oh by the way, the Poly is beautiful. What building are you staying in? We stayed in Tokelau and it was great!

Thanks everyone for your advice. I have another question, but I'm going to post it somewhere else since it's not related to this topic. Since I got such wonderful advice, I might be asking a lot of questions!!

I used to go to Disney every year when I was younger and I stayed at the Polynesian. But, my parents discovered Vegas when I was about 10 and I didn't go back until about 3 years ago when I met my fiance (he had never been before and now he's addicted!!!). We have always stayed at the Dixie Landings. But, we got a great rate at the Polynesian and I just couldn't resist!!! I don't know what longhouse I'll be in. The only request I have are non-smoking (which sort of narrows it down) and away from the pool. Other than that, I don't care where I am. I don't care if I don't have a balcony or anything.

Anyway, thanks again....I leave in 53 days!!! Woo-Hoo!!!:pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter