Question on Rental Car Insurance

Stephen's Mom

<font color=green>Had a California Adventure<br><f
Has anyone rented a car using Aeroplan points? This is the first time we will be doing this and now I’m worried about insurance? We’ve always declined it before because we’ve booked using our Visa card which has coverage for rental vehicles. But now, there won’t be any charge on my visa. Is my only option to buy the insurance offered by the rental company?

You should still call your cc company to double check that you’ll be covered if they only put a hold for incidentals. Many cc’s will only cover a car that has rental charges on that card.

Also check with your own auto insurance carrier. Many plans cover rentals, too. But your coverage will be the same as you have on your own car. If you only have liability, that’s all you’ll have on your rental… in which case, the other vehicle will get fixed, but you’ll be on the hook for damages to your rental.

Your credit card will not cover.

Had this happen where I rented using Air Miles. They rejected the claim. (Fortunately was only $500) My home insurance was useless.

Check with your CC's rental insurance policy. Ours only covers it if the full cost of the car rental is put on the CC.

Has anyone rented a car using Aeroplan points? This is the first time we will be doing this and now I’m worried about insurance? We’ve always declined it before because we’ve booked using our Visa card which has coverage for rental vehicles. But now, there won’t be any charge on my visa. Is my only option to buy the insurance offered by the rental company?

yes, your only option is to pay for insurance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter