Question regarding room requests

Twingle

DIS Veteran
If you don't request a specific area/room/view, how do they decide where to put you? Just with whatever room is available first?

Just curious . . .

They check on the DIS how many times you have been warned, read to see if you are a troublemaker and then they put you in the villa with the dumpster/laundry truck view. ;)

They check on the DIS how many times you have been warned, read to see if you are a troublemaker and then they put you in the villa with the dumpster/laundry truck view. ;)

:eek: Ooohhhhh noooooooo:eek:

:lmao:

Why is everyone laughing? :confused3 :confused3 I thought it was a very astue observation. After all, the DIS has power most know not! ;) ;) :)

If you don't request a specific area/room/view, how do they decide where to put you? Just with whatever room is available first?

Just curious . . .
If the resort assigns rooms using the "room ready" method, you just get whatever room is cleaned and ready for occupancy when you check in - sometimes, the CM will even let you choose among several.

If the rooms are preassigned, the room assigner will put you wherever he/she
has an opening - just "luck of the draw".

"Why is everyone laughing? I thought it was a very astue observation. After all, the DIS has power most know not! "

Is it wrong that I totally read that in Yoda's voice?!?:yoda:

If the resort has requests for the room, they do their best to accomodate, based on what's available. Certain requests are guaranteed (medical), but most are not. If you don't have any requests, then every effort is made to put you in a room that is ready for check in.

So are you better off making some type of room request?

I'm not so sure about that anymore. We used to always make "non-smoking for medical reasons" our request and then took our chances after that. With the new non-smoking policy resort wide, I don't think we will make any requests. The first few years we were members, we used to request areas, but since we have been "taking our chances", we have really gotten to know our resort better. I do have preferences, but I like finding out if other spots are good too.

We've never had a location request met, so as far as I can tell the process is the same if you make a request or you don't, i.e. they put you in a room.

There is absolutely no down side to making a request, so I'd go ahead and do so. The more general you make it, I think the better chance of getting something close to it.

We have also always made the no-smoking medical request first, and a general request second (near elevator, or near HH, etc). We are batting about 2 out of 3 when it comes to meeting those requests. Fair enough. :)

I'm not so sure about that anymore. We used to always make "non-smoking for medical reasons" our request and then took our chances after that. With the new non-smoking policy resort wide, I don't think we will make any requests. The first few years we were members, we used to request areas, but since we have been "taking our chances", we have really gotten to know our resort better. I do have preferences, but I like finding out if other spots are good too.

We've never made room requests other than non-smoking, and we've always been really pleased with our rooms.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter