Questions about booking w/WDTC, Costco or Getawaytoday

misscampbells

Disboard Junkie in Idaho
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows if you book through Costco for your travel if you still have to pay the Resort tax/fee when you arrive at Disneyland? I know if you book through getawaytoday.com you don't have to, and that it's included in the package. Also, with getawaytoday, it only costs like $50 to reschedule your package if you need to, or like $20 to cancel completely. Does anyone know how to cancel/change reservations when booking with WDTC or Costco, and what the fees are? We wouldn't be getting the travel insurance, so I'm not sure if it is possible to do if you don't purchase that.

I'm just trying to decide who I will book with for my trip in december. They are all $1155 without the travel insurance for the same package. Can anyone give me any info on who they would go with?

Here is the breakdown:
Costco: 4 nights at PPH, 5 day hoppers for 2 adults 1 child, MTTMM entry, Character breakfast for everyone and a $20 gift card
Getawaytoday.com: 4 nights at PPH, 5 day hoppers, and Character breakfast, but no MTTMM or Gift Card (but I know you don't pay the extra resort fee with them, so this way could be a better deal).

Sorry for all the questions,
Any info is appreciated,
Kathy

If they are all the same price I would go with Costco. You'll get a character breakfast (about $25 per adult and $15 child) and a $20 gift card. Costco will book your package thru WDT, so you'll get all of the same perks. The resort fee should be included, since it is with a WDT booking.

So...If you book through WDTC, the resort fee is included in the price? I had heard that you had to pay that once you got to the hotel. Are you only stuck with it if you book through expedia or someone else like that?

Kathy

Were booked through WDTC and the resort fee is NOT included in the price. We have to pay that when we get to the hotel. Regular tax was included in the price they gave us though.

We stayed at PP last fall. We didnt not pay anything when we checked in. We booked thru WDT. We paid for conc., so maybe it was inculded because of that? I just know we didnt pay for it when we got there.

If you book through Costco, are you still able to use the Vacation Planning services that are available when you book with WDTC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter