Questions about "epcot" resorts

mrsgoose8

Mouseketeer
I'm still so new to everything, I don't actually know all the resorts that are considered walkable to Epcot. Maybe someone will post them here? :)

My question is, if you are at one of these resorts, can you walk to the monorail to then get to the MK? Do you have to stop at TTC? How long is the walk / & ride take you? Is the bus better?

Just trying to feel out where we might like to stay on future vacations. It would be nice to stay somewhere where we didn't have to fold up a stroller ! Wheeling them on and off a monorail (especially while sleeping!) is a huge consideration for me... Though we've obviously been managing all along :)?

I just am not sure I want to spend my precious points at BLT OR GFV just yet!:)

BCV and BWV are the two DVC Epcot areas resorts and walk to Epcot's International Gateway entrance is short (7 to 10 minutes) and you can also walk to Studios although that takes about 20 to 30). Buses are not the best, particularly at boardwalk, but are usually quicker than walking through Epcot to monorail, taking monorail to TTC (that is where it goes) and then taking boat or monorail to MK front entrance. The bus on a good day is about 25 minutes. The combined walk and monorail trips to MK will be 45 minutes or more (just walk from resort to and through Epcot is 30) and that assumes no real wait for a monorail. Moreover, tough you can enter the Internatonal Gateway entrance before Epcot actually opens, you cannot get to the Future World area until rope drop at Epcot opening. Thus, you cannot get to MK for opening via through Epcot except for some chance to do so when Epcot opens early for extra hours and MK does not.

Thanks that really helps. I know in the future those resorts will be really nice for us, but for now I'll stick to what I know!:)

We really liked AKV & I'm sure we will deal with the long bus rides as we have before :) my main concern is if/when we have a 3rd :):)

Thanks that really helps. I know in the future those resorts will be really nice for us, but for now I'll stick to what I know!:)

We really liked AKV & I'm sure we will deal with the long bus rides as we have before :) my main concern is if/when we have a 3rd :):)

you can also try BLT - you can walk to the MK
or VWL you can boat or bus to the MK

you can also try BLT - you can walk to the MK
or VWL you can boat or bus to the MK

don't have enough points yet for a full stay at those resorts :) ...well without affecting our other plans! :) I am considering a split stay though... looking for info on that right now :)

I'm still so new to everything, I don't actually know all the resorts that are considered walkable to Epcot. Maybe someone will post them here? :)

My question is, if you are at one of these resorts, can you walk to the monorail to then get to the MK? Do you have to stop at TTC? How long is the walk / & ride take you? Is the bus better?

Just trying to feel out where we might like to stay on future vacations. It would be nice to stay somewhere where we didn't have to fold up a stroller ! Wheeling them on and off a monorail (especially while sleeping!) is a huge consideration for me... Though we've obviously been managing all along :)?

I just am not sure I want to spend my precious points at BLT OR GFV just yet!:)

One thing to consider about the monorail is you have to have a ticket to go through Epcot. I've found the bus from BW to MK to be fast, it goes BW > Swan > Dolphin > MK.

We stayed at BWV and loved the ability to walk through Epcot to use the monorail- hoppers needed of course.

We are def. planning a stay at BC and will utilize the ability to walk through Epcot. Seriously Epcot is RIGHT THERE- no resort is closer to a theme park like BC is to Epcot. We never even knew there was a back entrance until we stayed at BW.

I will admit there was a few times we chose to use the bus to go to MK- late night and tired kids.

We have APs this year, but that's a good point! I didn't realize until this thread that we are talking about a different entrance!! :)

So this is a follow up question : but with all those stops; isit REALLY that different than staying at AKL?? I like that AKL has the dedicated bus...

We have APs this year, but that's a good point! I didn't realize until this thread that we are talking about a different entrance!! :)

And going through security twice

So this is a follow up question : but with all those stops; isit REALLY that different than staying at AKL?? I like that AKL has the dedicated bus...

AKL has 2 stops now - Kidani and Jambo. Longer distance to MK, I'd guess 10 to 15 minutes longer.

A couple of things:
-especially if you are doing a split stay. When you stay at BWV or BCV these are the days that you might primarily visit Epcot and HS, so NO bus at all.
-When we do split stays its BLT/GFV 1 part and BWV 2nd part. With this you avoid bus for 3 parks. Obviously you can take bus or monorail and we do.
-The bus no matter where you stay has good and bad days, and that if you are like us no matter where we are going the bus we need just left 30 seconds before you are there you'll be fine.
-With bus stops changing at MK and being expanded not sure if the bus times might change, we've been at BWV and had bus go directly to MK (stopped at other resorts first), had it stop at BWV and than Swan and Dolphin, it just depends.

If you don't decide to do a split stay I would recommend you visit the Boardwalk area when you are at EPCOT (exit is past Great Britain). I think you will find it has a lot offer (if you stay), including being able to take a boat to HS, or back to room for a quick, nap, or stop at pool, or get out of heat and eat back at the resort. We really like being so close to both parks for dinner even if it is QS. You don't need to make it a production. Plus in the evening you can just head over for Epcot firework or HS Fantasmic, or stroll the boardwalk and be entertained by the boardwalk entertainers and go for ice cream at the Beach Club or Sweet Shop on the Boardwalk side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter