Questions about RCL

sarah_carter

DIS Veteran
We have cruised before but just on Disney.

We are thinking of doing the Hawaii cruise. My question is what's included on RCL. I know that soda is not included

What places for dining
If I bought the soda package where would I have to go to get soda.
and anything else that would be helpful

Thank you
Sarah

Last edited:
Well, by 2018 everything might have changed.

But for now, on certain ships you can only get sodas from the bartenders and main dining room. On other ships that have Freestyle machines installed, you can buy the soda package and get a cup with an RFID chip in it and make all sorts of concoctions, or just get your soda of choice.

Depending on what ship and what changes, there might just be one main dining room (3 levels, usually) where you go every night. Same servers, same table, different menus. Or maybe there will be "dynamic dining" which is slightly more like Disney where you change rooms. Ships have different extra-pay dining rooms (like disney has palo and remy).

Honestly, except for soda, everything that has a charge on Royal is a thing that has a charge on Disney. The one other thing to pay for on Royal is if you get ice cream at Ben&Jerry's on board. But that's not even an option, to have REAL ice cream with more normal ingredients, on a Disney ship. All the Disney ice cream is cheap stuff or "soft serve". At least Royal has a different option. :)

But apart from Ben&Jerry's and apart from soda, the things that have extra charges are the same on both lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter