Questions about the Food and Wine Festival

SoThisIsLove

Mouseketeer
Hi,

My family and I are excited that the event iternary came out for the Food and Wine Festival and are trying to decide which events to participate in. Has anyone gone to the Party of the Senses? If so, How was it? Was it worth the money? Can we go and have the food sampling for dinner? Also, has anyone done the Sweet Sundays with the pastry chef? If so, what did that entail? and Was it worth the money? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Heather ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Has anyone gone to the Party of the Senses? If so, How was it? Was it worth the money? Can we go and have the food sampling for dinner?

We have gone to the PotS for at least the last 3/4 years. We absolutely think it's worth the cost, and yes you certainly do not need to plan a "dinner" other than this event. There will be something like 50-100 different things you can try, and try as many times as you like!

HTH

I agree with DVCconvert. We've been going in Oct. for years but last year was our first PotS. I'm not a wine drinker (I did have one Sam Adams, though) but we loved being able to sample so many different foods. I don't usually like duck and yet my favorite was the braised Thai duck with asian slaw and mashed potatos. Go figure! And the desserts! They were outstanding.

Cyn

Figment2
yet my favorite was the braised Thai duck with asian slaw and mashed potatos.

Oh! I remember that! The duck was great and I really loved that asian slaw!!
Thanks Figment2--I'm about to short out my keyboard by the drool just thinking about that! :teeth:

I had some questions about some events as well. I was trying to decide between Exquiste Evenings at Epcot or Signature Dining Series or both. Could anyone give me their opinions on these events. This will be my first food and Wine festival.

I was trying to decide between Exquiste Evenings at Epcot or Signature Dining Series or both. Could anyone give me their opinions on these events. This will be my first food and Wine festival.

Having done both, I would characterize the two experiences this way:

The Exquiste Evenings are dressier, and I'd say more emphasis is placed on the harmonies & contrasts with the paired wine and the offerings. These are much harder to get into to as there is less availabilty.

The Signature Dinners are more causual and relaxed, with (IMHO) more of a focus on the theme of the offerings, with the added detail of a selected vino.

If time, pocketbook, availability and culinary interest all permit, I'd recommend trying both; as I have always come away with difference experiences and exposures from each.

HTH

Per Disney, Exquisite Evenings require dinner jacket and tie for men and cocktail dress for women. Signature Dinners require resort wear casual.

Since we don't dress up on vacation, we won't be doing the Exquisite Evenings!

HTH.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I think we will try to book the Party of the Senses. Does anyone know if this is casual? or do you need to wear a skirt or capris? or are shorts allowed? Also, has anyone gone to or heard anything about the Sweet Sunday program? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Heather

SoThisIsLove said:
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I think we will try to book the Party of the Senses. Does anyone know if this is casual? or do you need to wear a skirt or capris? or are shorts allowed? Also, has anyone gone to or heard anything about the Sweet Sunday program? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Heather

All casual.

At the party of the Senses, you will see some people dressed up and some in resort casual. I wore a nice pair of black jeans with a nice top with sandals. Some of our group wore casual dresses. Others just wore resort casual.

Cyn

Thanks gain for the responses. Hopefully I wil be able to book both the Party of the Senses and Sweet Sundays tomorrow :) at 7am!!!!! :eek:

Heather

Deep-Thots:
Per Disney, Exquisite Evenings require dinner jacket and tie for men and cocktail dress for women. Signature Dinners require resort wear casual.

Actually, I have not seen that verbage in regards to the 2005 events -- where did you see it?
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter