Questions for Northerners by Southerners or vice-versa in the USA?

Meanwhile my son wears shorts in the middle of winter.

same here. going into the town nearest to us we pass a popular college apartment complex that the majority of resident walk to the campus from (just shy of one mile). during the coldest, snowiest days i am always amazed at how many are wearing shorts esp. when the wind chills are in the negative digits :cold: :scared1: :crazy:

Don’t know for sure the answer to this. I have lived in Alabama all my life, and hate to say it but so many drivers here are clueless on how to merge( will come to a complete stop while in an acceleration lane) or absolutely refuse to allow another driver to merge into oncoming traffic. Does this happen a lot in the North, too?
In my experience, here in the Hudson Valley, we are pretty polite on the road with the exception of the inner-cities. In general most New Yorkers across the state know how to drive well. NYC seems to be where the craziest drivers are but that is probably because they rely so much on public transportation. The only time I see crazy drivers near me is during the holidays or the summer during our main tourist seasons.

Thanks for the laugh Buzz Rules. I haven't seen that one before. Have you seen the one where they have the extra biscuit on the table? And of course there's the classic with the butter containers.

Don't know how friends and neighbors would even react if we sat them down at a table covered in brown paper and dumped a pile of freshly steamed crabs in front of them and said "start pickin".

I led everyone in a picking class in OBX and the next year everyone forgot everything. I have to teach a new class every year and then go behind them and get all the meat they missed. Amateur hour!

That's regional even in the north.
shoot-even in the same region, even in the same district! there's up to a 3 week difference between start and stop dates of the different districts in our county. a friend in california works for the same district as her dh but she's elementary and he's high school-when she had school aged kids in middle school none of the household members started or ended their school year at the same time (again, about a 3 week variance). it's nuts.

Northerners: are you bored during winter? I don't think I'd ever leave my house if it was snowing lol.
Nope. For the most part, we bundle up and go out. There are some occasions when we hibernate, as well- like during a nor'easter. That makes a nice excuse to hunker down with blankets and snacks and books.
do you consider Maryland a northern or southern state?
It's neither. I consider Maryland to be in the mid-Atlantic, neither north nor south.
Northerners - what do you think about sweet tea?
No, thank you! I LOVE iced tea, but not sweet tea. I don't like any sweetness in any tea, hot or cold. I was raised by a hot tea drinking mother with a tea cabinet and multiple kettles, and tea was never offered sweetened in any way or with any additives at all, so I never learned to enjoy tea with milk or sugar or honey or even lemon.
Here's a question -- lobster rolls, hot buttered, or cold with mayo?

It is very bizarre to me that in CT almost all lobster rolls are hot with butter, and properly served on a toasted/grilled hot dog bun. But once I get out of CT and parts of MA, hot lobster rolls are almost unheard of! And that goes for states further north, too!

I don't mind a cold lobster roll, but that's not what I think of when I think lobster roll, and definitely not what I prefer.
I was raised in CT but with my family coming from Maine, so I spent a lot of time there growing up and now live in Maine. CT lobster rolls are butter, Maine lobster rolls are cold with mayo. I can't eat lobster so I have no side in this, but many places now sell both. There's a food truck company here that even does lobster roll flights.

Schools in the South have a different school year schedule compared to our northern schools correct? In the North, our school year runs September to June.
That's not necessarily accurate. I grew up in CT and we always started towards the end of August and got out in June. In Maine, the timeline varies depending on the part of the state. In the very northern part of the state, school starts early to mid August, and they get time off in the fall for potato harvest. Down here in southern Maine, we don't have any potatoes to harvest, so kids go back a few weeks later.
Is hunting a big past time in the north? We don't hunt but I know plenty of others in the south that do.
Yes, hunting is big in some areas in the north. The moose hunt lottery is a big deal for some of my family members.

That's not necessarily accurate. I grew up in CT and we always started towards the end of August and got out in June. In Maine, the timeline varies depending on the part of the state. In the very northern part of the state, school starts early to mid August, and they get time off in the fall for potato harvest. Down here in southern Maine, we don't have any potatoes to harvest, so kids go back a few weeks later.

Yes, hunting is big in some areas in the north. The moose hunt lottery is a big deal for some of my family members.

can they get for a moose hunting tag more than once in a lifetime?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter