Questions for our April trip.

dedwards

Earning My Ears
Ok I have the trip planned and booked and reserved for April 9th thru 14th I know very busy spring break but crowds don't bother me at all I become the happiest father on earth while at Disneyland. We have not been since 2000( at the Fairfield inn) and DCA was not even open yet.

We are going to stay onsite a first for us at the DLH. We have three kids DD 13 DS 12 and DS 6 months when we go.

Her are my questions.

1. Do hotel guest get early entry each day?

2. Do you have to go to main gate for early entry or can
you get in on the monorail entrance for early entry?
3. The room service in the room, which place does that come from?
We plan to do this our first night while we unpack and get comfortable.
4. Is the reserved sitting for Fantasmic worth it?
5. When you book thru the Disneyland it says you get preferred sitting
at shows in DCA what does this mean and I do I get a pass or do I
need to make reservations like at the resteraunts?
6. I am bringing a stroller for the baby also I have a Bjorn carrier for
when I am in lines on the rides he can go on will he be able to ride
in that with me?
7. The baby care center how crowed is that place to change a baby and
stuff I get the filling that it might be too much of a crowd to use much?
8. All rides with no height restriction the baby can go on right? I know that it
depends on his noise and dark tolerance and my instincts but I am asking
about as a Disneyland policy.

Ok that is all for now I am sure I will have more latter. I know this is a lot of questions. I have read the whole message board and a lot of these are covered I am just trying to clarify them all in one thread. I love that we have boards like this to help each enjoy our trips to the fullest.

I have only been to the Baby Care Center once that it was really crowded. I have taken 4 small babies to DL over the years, including this past December. If it is really crowded and all you need to do is change a diaper, there are diaper changing areas in all the women's restrooms, I don't know about the men's room. If you need to nurse the baby and you are not overly shy, there are quiet corners of the park that you can sit and nurse unnoticed.

Remember that if you are making a bottle, there is no hot water in the restrooms, but there is in the baby care center. We have even filled regular water bottles with hot water there to use to help warm the baby at night in the park. Just fill a couple of water bottles and put them under a blanket with baby on top of the blanket between the bottles. Then cover baby with another blanket. This worked really well when she was overly tired to tip her over the edge into dreamland.

The care center also carries Carnation formula, so if you need that you can buy it there. They also have some baby food and basic need items. They are more expensive then you can get them at the store, but if the need is immediate it is available.

I don't know about carrying baby in the carrier on the rides, I never brought mine with me. I was able to take my baby on all the rides with no height restrictions. Some of them required me to sit the baby facing forward on my knee, so maybe if the baby is facing forward you can use the carrier.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it would be crowed. I apperiated the tips. I have taken small kids before, DS was 3 the first time I took them but never been with a infant and naturally just wonder what it is like. I know it changes the pace but that is ok I just love being in the park.

Considering the crowds, I would leave the stroller in the room and just take the pack. The strollers make it hard to navigate. Room services comes from a central location that has a little of everything. It also serves items from the restraurants. I have found that their selection is good, but some items are not that appetizing. IMO don't order any of the deserts. They are never that good. I don't think that there is early entry with the monorail, but don't quote me on that one, but even if they do, the monorail will only be using half the track in April, so it will be time consuming. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter